2022 GDT 4-7 Steelers visit the 5-7 Falcons

Steeler Hitman

2022-steelers-vs-falcons.jpg

Steelers visit the Falcons

All time series 14-2-1 Steelers

Last game won in Pittsburgh in 2018 by Steelers 41-17.

usatsi_11397495.jpg?resize=300

Welcome to dark side Damontae Kazee! Glad to have you in the black n gold.

Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Trent Scott (72), Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman James Daniels (78), Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Chukwuma Okorafor (76), and Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman Kevin Dotson (69) during a regular season game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Indianapolis Colts, Monday, Nov. 28, 2022 in Indianapolis, IN. (Karl Roser / Pittsburgh Steelers)

Look who's getting a little push and swag! Being able to consistently run is a young QB's and defenses best friend.o0nxpgvramuzfipowxk4.jpg

Kenny Pickett is learning, developing, and getting more comfortable each game.  

nov-27-falcons-at-commanders.jpg?s=1024x

Steelers will need to slow down Cordarrelle Patterson on offense and in the return game. He is a a certified triple threat  running, receiving, and in the return game.

V4XEESFOXRBHHEVUR2VWOSXEFU.jpg

The Steelers defense will need to pressure Marcus Mariota and at the same time keep containment because he can run.  Another key will be to force him to pass.  The Falcons pass offense has struggled as of late.  

lje5katkr931c5eiuepc.jpg

Nagging injuries have slowed last years NFL DPOY TJ Watt.  Hopefully he can start to regain his pass rush form and the refs will call some of the many holds OL's have been able to get away with on TJ.

Steelers keys to a possible victory:

1. Stop the Falcons rushing attack

2. Stop the long KOR by Patterson

3. Force Marcus Mariota into long down in distance (second and third and longs)

4. Win the turnover battle (I.E. continue to hold onto the football).

5. Play complimentary football

6. Play all four quarters on offense, defense, and special teams.

Note: Winning is fun, but long term, wouldn't you prefer the top ten draft picks?😲😉😁

Edited by Steeler Hitman
Finished GDT

According to Rapaport, Najee avoided a serious injury and his status is "up in the air" for this one. If he's not at least close to 100%, I'd sit him. I think he should have recovered from his foot injury longer. I'd for sure sit him if Warren is available. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with going into this week with Snell and Mac as the top 2 backs. I guess if there's a team to do that against, it's the poor defensive unit in Atlanta. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

According to Rapaport, Najee avoided a serious injury and his status is "up in the air" for this one. If he's not at least close to 100%, I'd sit him. I think he should have recovered from his foot injury longer. I'd for sure sit him if Warren is available. I'm not sure I'd be thrilled with going into this week with Snell and Mac as the top 2 backs. I guess if there's a team to do that against, it's the poor defensive unit in Atlanta. 

Agreed 100%, and if Warren isn't good by end of practice today I can see them elevating Teague off the PS for the game.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

People don't want to hear it, but there isn't a whole lot that Harris in 2022 does better than Benny Snell. 

17 minutes ago, CKSteeler said:

People don't want to hear it, but there isn't a whole lot that Harris in 2022 does better than Benny Snell. 

Najee's got more wiggle and fluidity, and looks more like a "running back". Najee runs like Earl Campbell, just waaayyyyyyx100 crappier, he just looks good doing it lol. Snell's running style is more stiff and rigid and doesn't look good. I was thinking about this topic while watching the game and that's what I came up with as the difference. I don't disagree with you, though. Their results are the same(could maybe even argue that Snell has been more beneficial to the team this year due to ST value). I also don't really know anyone on here that would really argue that much with you about it. Najee has been getting blasted all year on here(and rightfully so IMO). 

23 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Najee's got more wiggle and fluidity, and looks more like a "running back". Najee runs like Earl Campbell, just waaayyyyyyx100 crappier, he just looks good doing it lol. Snell's running style is more stiff and rigid and doesn't look good. I was thinking about this topic while watching the game and that's what I came up with as the difference. I don't disagree with you, though. Their results are the same(could maybe even argue that Snell has been more beneficial to the team this year due to ST value). I also don't really know anyone on here that would really argue that much with you about it. Najee has been getting blasted all year on here(and rightfully so IMO). 

Najee has looked better these past few weeks. Not sure if that’s a glimmer or hope or just the line coming together. As down on him as we all are though, next year is his make or break year. 

• Like 2

On 11/30/2022 at 3:01 PM, CKSteeler said:

I thought every other RB was better than najee.  Moving forward, najee will have to get healthy and 're-evaluated' bit the team .  I can see the other RB's playing better and as a result  , make there FO reconsider najee. Good trade in the spring lets hope, after they fire canada

On 11/30/2022 at 3:48 PM, warfelg said:

he just looks good doing it lol.

not this year, rarely looked legit IMO.  His injury could be to blame but for some skepticism is setting in as a result.  The injury can't be underestimated , so time will tell  but for now just watch the other RB's  and hope the team does well overall.  This team has a tendency to mistreat injuries as well as downplay them.  We as fans don't know all there is to know other than what the results are like in the run game.

I thought McFarlane was a great change of pace, hope he gets a few more snaps along the way. 

• Like 1

“They do that play once a game,” Roethlisberger observed during the game winning drive. “I love Zach Gentry.”

“I would never give Zach Gentry a screen,” Pouncey interrupted.

“Zach Gentry is awesome, he’s a great dude,” Roethlisberger continued. “They run this play once a game and he’s averaging -3 yards. I feel so bad for Zach because I hate that he does it. It just never is there.”

“That play never works in practice,” Pouncey retorted.

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

“They do that play once a game,” Roethlisberger observed during the game winning drive. “I love Zach Gentry.”

“I would never give Zach Gentry a screen,” Pouncey interrupted.

“Zach Gentry is awesome, he’s a great dude,” Roethlisberger continued. “They run this play once a game and he’s averaging -3 yards. I feel so bad for Zach because I hate that he does it. It just never is there.”

“That play never works in practice,” Pouncey retorted.

Was this in regards to a TE screen? I also liked the part of that interview when they talked about Bos saying something like "we didn't win because of you" to a mystery person(probably Canada, but maybe refs) in the tunnel after the game earlier this season. I had forgotten that happened. 

gotta start watching ben's podcast. The clips I've seen have been interesting

ryan clark, arthur moats and ben's podcast can make up for the lack of "inside the lockeroom" kind of content we get from the steelers

also Bryant Mcfadden is putting in work in the media space. just had a interesting interview with Patrick Peterson. its cool seeing former players have success in the media

Edited by August4th

I find Bens podcast to be a little on the “self serving” side of things. Ryan Clark’s is really good but focuses on the guest so not a lot of “inside info”. Arthur Moats is the best. Very football detail oriented, doesn’t hold back when he needs to, and informative. Moats could make a really good coach if he wants to. Listen to him talk about Moore and Dodson and you’ll want changes there too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I find Bens podcast to be a little on the “self serving” side of things.

What a shock....said no one ever.  xD

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Arthur Moats is the best. Very football detail oriented, doesn’t hold back when he needs to, and informative. Moats could make a really good coach if he wants to. Listen to him talk about Moore and Dodson and you’ll want changes there too. 

Moats is awesome.   I like him much more now than I did as a player.   Very insightful and funny.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

What a shock....said no one ever.

There is nothing Ben can say that would be of any note or interest to anyone that wouldn't offend some portion of the fandom. There are a large number of people who don't like the guy personally. He offered a very tepid critique of Pickett not taking a deep shot that he thought was there for the taking and a certain segment of people freaked out as if he had crossed some line. He has been generally very positive about the team and Pickett in particular. He has barely even critiqued Canada directly, though I'm sure he'd love to go off on that one.

I don't watch the podcast, just basically get the media reports after. So maybe there's things I'm missing. But Ben could air a lot of dirty laundry if he wanted to and he hasn't.