2022 GDT 4-7 Steelers visit the 5-7 Falcons

Steeler Hitman

2 hours ago, August4th said:

who would of thought that our line would be a stronger unit than our WR group back in august?

I think we should sign a WR on like day2 of FA this yr

who would you sign?

2 hours ago, August4th said:

what is going on with Pickens? 

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

who would you sign?

Jarvis Landry.

Perfect stop gap veteran that could really help our young WRs....maybe even DJ.

3 hours ago, 3rivers said:

what is going on with Pickens? 

Im just hoping he doesnt turn out to be another Martavis, insomuch as being an extremely talented "me me me" player that has major issues with game-to-game consistency.

He is very young and there are alot of issues with our offense, so Im certainly not going to hold anything against him right now, but Im just hoping he realizes he needs to improve his overall game and not believe he is going to be a star based on raw talent alone.

14 minutes ago, 43M said:

Jarvis Landry.

Perfect stop gap veteran that could really help our young WRs....maybe even DJ.

Im just hoping he doesnt turn out to be another Martavis, insomuch as being an extremely talented "me me me" player that has major issues with game-to-game consistency.

He is very young and there are alot of issues with our offense, so Im certainly not going to hold anything against him right now, but Im just hoping he realizes he needs to improve his overall game and not believe he is going to be a star based on raw talent alone.

4:50

https://www.steelers.com/video/watch-pickett-i-thought-our-balance-was-really-good

They better no ruin Pickens.

43, your more positive about DJ than me, I would prefer just trade him.

Edited by 3rivers

Count me #teamPickens. 

Im sorry but you can’t tell me this is exactly what DJ has been doing since Pickett came in. Whine publicly about lack of targets, walk off the field, call out anyone he can. And he got rewarded for it. If DJ was proving it on that then it’s an easier pill to swallow and easier for me to call Pickens out. But DJ dropped 3 passes by my count, had that near fumble (I think he got lucky they overturned it), and ended up with almost no YAC. Your telling me that there was no way, against a weak secondary, to manufacture touches for Pickens? Nah. This was a clear “reward” for the vet who failed to cash in on the chance. 

• Like 2

Unrelated so wanted a new post:

Kenny is really coming along. He started making more throws where the right foot hits the top of the drop and it’s one fluid motion into the pass. A little more patience in the pocket letting plays develop. He started stepping up then out in the pocket with a pass rush there. Those are some really nice things he hasn’t been doing. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Unrelated so wanted a new post:

Kenny is really coming along. He started making more throws where the right foot hits the top of the drop and it’s one fluid motion into the pass. A little more patience in the pocket letting plays develop. He started stepping up then out in the pocket with a pass rush there. Those are some really nice things he hasn’t been doing. 

He was playing with a confidence we haven’t seen from him before, especially in the first half. His growth has been really fun to watch. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

He was playing with a confidence we haven’t seen from him before

he keeps getting more comfortable with he nfl and better as a result. NO concerns about KP, we have a QB thats for sure.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Im sorry but you can’t tell me this is exactly what DJ has been doing since Pickett came in. Whine publicly about lack of targets, walk off the field, call out anyone he can. And he got rewarded for it. If DJ was proving it on that then it’s an easier pill to swallow and easier for me to call Pickens out. But DJ dropped 3 passes by my count, had that near fumble (I think he got lucky they overturned it), and ended up with almost no YAC

trade Johnson in the offseason before this turns into another AB type saga. Keep the WR that can catch, they better not mess this up.

Agree they should have got  a few passes to pickens unless the falcons were sliding the coverage in favour of pickens.

Maybe Pickens should drop more passes and run backwards to get tomlins attention. If that isn't enough then what?

I was just thinking the other day about how nice it is that this team doesn't have the drama and divas anymore and look what happens👺