TNF GDT: Buffalo @ New England.

Broncofan

Who wins tonight?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins tonight?

Seems like Trent Brown will play for the Pats.  

Surprising John Brown is getting activated - is there a last second injury? 
With Dion Dawkins out and no Quentin Morris I guess that leaves only 2 TE, and more blocking and 11 personnel?   McKenzie / Shakir seem ok to play.  Any Bills inside info here? 

Edited by Broncofan

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

urprising John Brown is getting activated - is there a last second injury? 
With Dion Dawkins out and no Quentin Morris I guess that leaves only 2 TE, and more blocking and 11 personnel?   McKenzie / Shakir seem ok to play.  Any Bills inside info here? 

Bills have been thin at WR for a while. Last few weeks was PS Tanner Gentry was getting the call but his freebies are up. 

Bills typically only go with 8 OL and 2 TE IIRC. 

Biggest surprise to me is Elam. He’s played well and has practised fully all week. Cam Lewis is bad and Dane Jackson has been torched lately. Weird to me. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Show me the lie

Allen hides a lot of the deficiencies of the offense. The Line specifically. 

I also think Dorsey needs to do a much better job of scheming guys open, using pre snap motion and moving guys around. Davis has seen almost no slot work this season.

edit: that being said, on paper it’s still a top half offense if not top 10-12

Interesting how things change. Not that long ago Buffalo was widely viewed as the most talented team in the league.

Surprised David Andrews is active tonight. If he’s not too hindered then that’s huge for the line. Everyone plays better when he’s in, they’re going to need him vs that front, even without Von. 

Edited by Yin-Yang

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Bills have been thin at WR for a while. Last few weeks was PS Tanner Gentry was getting the call but his freebies are up. 

Bills typically only go with 8 OL and 2 TE IIRC. 

Biggest surprise to me is Elam. He’s played well and has practised fully all week. Cam Lewis is bad and Dane Jackson has been torched lately. Weird to me. 

Ah that makes sense.   Gentry isn't someone they want to burn a 53-man spot for, this way they get to use John Brown for 3 weeks, and by then they hope to have Kumerow back b4 then, right?   Thx, that makes way more sense than actually needing a WR to take a significant amount of snaps tonight (obv injuries etc. can play a role, need 5 WR's dressed just in case).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Ah that makes sense.   Gentry isn't someone they want to burn a 53-man spot for, this way they get to use John Brown for 3 weeks, and by then they hope to have Kumerow back b4 then, right?   Thx, that makes way more sense than actually needing a WR to take a significant amount of snaps tonight (obv injuries etc. can play a role, need 5 WR's dressed just in case).

Either Kumerow, Crowder or OBJ is probably what they’re banking on. 

I can see the Bills taking a deep shot with Brown tonight but yeah I don’t anticipate many snaps. 

11 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Either Kumerow, Crowder or OBJ is probably what they’re banking on. 

I can see the Bills taking a deep shot with Brown tonight but yeah I don’t anticipate many snaps. 

Given the broken ankle, I don't think they're counting on Crowder....nor should they TBH.  He had the least juice of all 3 slot guys IMO.