2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

47 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Josh Uche

I 'm not a fan. I think he played well however there were reason why such as injuries to guys he went against for  his sacks.  Also I don't trust his body/health. IMO his legs give him to many problems.

I look at his Pats history, he been injured 80 % of the time since they drafted him.  He like the Celtic Williams, no trust he will be there when needed.

IMO Smith skills are game changing for the whole defense. There no comparison with the two players. Funny I looked up his combine numbers, none. I guess he was injured AGAIN!!!!

Smith has it in speed, game strength it not close.  4.3 and he can bull rush ro beat them on the edge. Another major advantage he just as good again the run. It amazing to watch.

I have liked him for years, he stood out while I looked at other players, however I'm still blown away with his numbers 4.3 and 41 vertical

Last  I saw Von Miller when he was in the draft, they are the same player. There speed and quickness are/ were off the charts. Shocking.

PS I saw the same twitch on Nathaniel "Tank" Dell. about the 8 to 10 second mark. When he crosses the 40. 

Just think of that against a fat OT with Smith's strength!!!!!! No chance. I saw that twitch with Miller as well. it's rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJdnKPTgpzQ

Edited by m haynes

Great tape on Nolan Smith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5raQKqzf4s

Check tape 4 to 6  minute mark. Now add that skill and speed to the Pats defense.  He will help neutralize the Bills running game. I see him shadow Allen and lay the wood on him.  He's the equalizer against Allen. Allen can't run they can't beat the Pats.

He much faster and will pop him on his butt!!! 

Well I hope that puts a stop with the Gators talk in the draft.

Trey Dean III   4.75 in the 40.   Just think he's slower than JORDAN RICHARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With the 2nd RD pick BB takes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Cox workout (visual) was a nightmare as well.

Screw Gators

Is this where we get the BB speech ,  " we did what we thought best for the team."

Edited by m haynes

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I doubt Lukas Van Ness is the Pats pick. I would think they would sign a more developed version of him in free agency in Zach Allen (ARI). Allen is four years older than Van Ness but only turning 26 this August.

I could see a trade down and taking Van Ness’s teammate Jack Campbell who might be envisioned as a linebacker akin to Dont’a Hightower.

Sam LaPorta is another Iowa Hawkeye teammate in the first that I see drawing more interest from the Pats too. LaPorta is a young Hunter Henry with shades of Travis Kelce in his repertoire.

25 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I doubt Lukas Van Ness is the Pats pick. I would think they would sign a more developed version of him in free agency in Zach Allen (ARI). Allen is four years older than Van Ness but only turning 26 this August.

Crazy thing is. he didn’t start a single game over 3 years at Iowa.

I don’t know if that should excite us, or scare us?

24 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Crazy thing is. he didn’t start a single game over 3 years at Iowa.

I don’t know if that should excite us, or scare us?

Having players that rotate like Van Ness is valuable but like I mentioned in the post you quoted I think it’s wiser to go after Zach Allen in feee agency than select Van Ness in the first round.

Darnell Washington is a first round prospect because 1. He is a massive 6’7 mismatch, 2. Blocks like an offensive tackle, 3. Is unbothered by huge hits and sheds many, many tackle attempts, 4. Has as sure hands as anyone else in any draft and routinely makes contested catches in traffic and upon contact, 5. Played in a variety of formations for the best team in college football, 6. Is only 21 years old.

21 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Darnell Washington is a first round prospect because 1. He is a massive 6’7 mismatch, 2. Blocks like an offensive tackle, 3. Is unbothered by huge hits and sheds many, many tackle attempts, 4. Has as sure hands as anyone else in any draft and routinely makes contested catches in traffic and upon contact, 5. Played in a variety of formations for the best team in college football, 6. Is only 21 years old.

Agreed. He reiterated that fact this weekend. What an impressive showing at the combine for Washington, imo.

I’m still riding on the Sam LaPorta train though, for my personal favorite at the position.

but… I still can’t justify New England using a first round pick on a tight end… but I’m not the one in charge. Getting one in the 2nd round is also too rich for me

Edited by DaPatsKid98

6 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Agreed. He reiterated that fact this weekend. What an impressive showing at the combine for Washington, imo.

I’m still riding on the Sam LaPorta train though, for my personal favorite at the position.

but… I still can’t justify New England using a first round pick on a tight end… but I’m not the one in charge. Getting one in the 2nd round is also too rich for me

As always I’d be happy with a variety of players and it’s not position specific. But as almost always, I will disagree with their decisions early in the draft.

• Like 1