2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

. I don't see them spending a first.. even a late one on a RT. 

I agree.  As of now I want out of the 1st RD.  It doesn't make sense to draft a guy for the bench !!!!!!!!!! Yes there are starter like CB but you can get them 2/3 RDs !!!!!   I'm looking at Wright, if he's in the  2nd RD. He not worth a 1st RD pick when that pick can be turns into 3 players with a trade down.

I want to make this point. I want a trade down only if someone other than BB is making the picks. Knowing him, he will take a major risk, or some ST player.

Wish they had more video posted on him. If he performs well.. I fully would expect them to trade back in the 1st ( probably twice) .. then take him in the mid to late 20's. 

1) They don't care if it is seen as a reach ( look at last year and Wynn) 

2) They will want to save money on the 5th year of the contract (~10M for a LT as opposed to 20M+)

34 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Wish they had more video posted on him. If he performs well.. I fully would expect them to trade back in the 1st ( probably twice) .. then take him in the mid to late 20's. 

1) They don't care if it is seen as a reach ( look at last year and Wynn) 

2) They will want to save money on the 5th year of the contract (~10M for a LT as opposed to 20M+)

Good God what a base.  Wide and grounded , perfect balance !!!!

ADDED  Here's your dream tape!!!!  @Crimmage

OL/DL 1v1 Highlights Reese's Senior Bowl Day 1 "National" - YouTube

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Good God what a base.  Wide and grounded , perfect balance !!!!

ADDED  Here's your dream tape!!!!  @Crimmage

OL/DL 1v1 Highlights Reese's Senior Bowl Day 1 "National" - YouTube

How is Duncan not being talked about more? He looks legit on this... I'm using my first on him. Trade back.. add an extra 2nd or 3rd&4th or something and get your future LT. 

• Freeland getting bullied.. yikes
  • I liked what I saw from McClendon Curtis. Pushed back a bit but held his own. I think he could start at RT next to Onwenu and do just fine after a training camp of good coaching
  • Poor Ryan Hayes.. mans getting handled with ease
  • Cody Mauch is a guard, i don't see them being interested in him

game time 8:30  NFL NW

Guy I'm looking at who I have the Pats getting in the draft. Also, see if others stand out that I haven't considered for the Pats

Wright

Reed

Rush

Duncan

Note I want to see if Jones plays after reading his (so call ) hype this week.

First half, guys who have done well: 

• Trey Dean, S
    • ( he's been great all week) 
  • Mo Diabete, LB
    • ( The announcers said how the Patriots stated loving his versatility) 
  • Brenton Cox, LB
    • ( A man among boys) 
  • Nic Jones, CB
    • ( bigger guy, has played the ball really well.. feels like a nice double dip guy at CB)
  • Kei’Trel Clark, CB
    • ( Continued his strong week in coverage, smaller guy but plays big) 
  • Caleb Murphy, OLB
    • ( had a sack, D2 guy.. had 25 sacks.. won same award as Dugger and Sam Roberts) 
  • Dorian Thompson-Robinson, QB
    • ( I doubt they draft a QB but he's an interesting project. Athlete, strong arm.. apparently been working on fixing his mechanics.. at minimum good practice squad guy) 
  • Jake Moody, K
    • ( If they don't draft a punter, I'm all for drafting a kicker.. he hit one from 51) 
  • Dante Stills, DL
    • Ekuale could be gone, he could be the replacement
  • BJ Thompson, Edge
    • Explosive
  • Mohamid Ibraham, RB
    • They historically like RB's with production in college. It looks like he's spent a lot of time focusing on his pass catching too. Good late day 3 guy

I'm fine if all of Day 3 comes from the Shrine Bowl lol Trey Dean I think is the first guy off the board in the 4th (maybe 3rd with a great combine).. everyone else is probably in that 5th/6th range. 

Edited by Crimmage

8 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

More recently, Tutu Atwell. I just find it hard to believe someone could be a meaningful contributor on offense in the NFL, weighing 160 pounds.

I know just think Tarik Cohen was 5'6 192lbs and he lasted two minutes. I know he was a RB however he was mostly a 3rd RB. Also, 32 pound more!!!

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

All of these guys are Patriots targets, good to remember those names in a few months

Damn     I new it, trade down, this screw up my plans. I was thinking top of the 2nd!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

@m haynes Imo the biggest determining factor is if a team believes he can play LT. If he is exclusively a RT I doubt he goes much higher than he is already projected. 25-40 feels like his range.  Did he take any snaps at LT during the Senior Bowl? 

I keep reading about how they shouldn't mess around with trading back and just take their favorite LT at 14. That seems dumb to me unless they absolutely love a guy. I think they are going to do their bucket thing and say that they would be happy with any of the following guys: 

• Broderick Jones
  • Dawand Jones
  • Anton Harrison 
  • Darnell Wright
  • Jaelyn Duncan 

A wild card is also Matthew Bergeron, who apparently lit up the Senior Bowl as well. I read everywhere that Jones/Harrison are day 1 starters.. but I'm not convinced the Patriots need a day 1 starter at LT. 

Everyone is writing off Trent Brown and assuming he will be cut. I think they will realize that the OL was a mess because of the coaching staff and cut him some slack. The most hilarious thing would be if they even extent him another year to bring his cap down. He's only 29.. he can be good for another couple years, especially because he can play both sides. Same goes with the fact that we don't know how much they like Stueber.. for all we know they may not see OT as a top need. They could be planning on taking a LT in the 2nd and RT on day 3. In that scenario I'm hoping Duncan is there at 46 ( or trading up for him) and going with McClendon Curtis in the 6th to compete with Stueber and McDermott who I'd bring back.

This draft doesn't have an elite guy at 14 unfortunately.. so if you can trade back to 20-25.. you've got to do it. You'll still be able to get a top OT (Jones/Wright/Duncan) or WR(Flowers/JSN/Addison) in that range... while picking up a good haul for the trouble. 

I would even advocate going for one out of each group, because this draft falls off for both after those guys. 

Scenario: 

14 for 19,82, and 121 ( Assuming Tampa wants to get a QB or something)

19 they could probably still trade back again but assume they don't and take one of Flowers/JSN/Addison

They can then trade 46 and 82 to get up to 33 and take one of (Wright/Duncan/Jones) .. and still have 121 as a gift out of the deal.