2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

4 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Jones is going to end up being a 1st round pick, isn't he? 

Looks like Hayes has been up and down so far. Still think he's worth a shot on day 3. Looks like he needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle to handle a strong bull rush.

I would LOVE for Dawand Jones or Paris Johnson to come to New England via the first round. Them tackles Ohio State had last year are phenomenal building blocks for out the outside. I don’t think you could go wrong with either player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Michigan State is my school. Would love to hear opinions on Jayden Reed.

He was electric two seasons ago, and a new offensive scheme and regression from the QB dipped into him breaking out as a senior.

He's another really intriguing day 3 guy. I haven't watched any of his games but at least based off twitter it looks like he's been doing really well day 1 at the Senior Bowl. 

30 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

He's another really intriguing day 3 guy. I haven't watched any of his games but at least based off twitter it looks like he's been doing really well day 1 at the Senior Bowl. 

He’s definitely a day 3 guy right now at this point given how deep the draft is at receiver and how underperforming last season was for him. Before the season began, I thought he was a 3rd-5th round guy that could make his way into the second round with a very special season. That never came to fruition.

He plays bigger than his 6’ and 185lb frame would suggest. I expect him to come off the board in the fifth round at this point.

But, whoever gets him is getting an absolute stud and a true leader who overcame a lot of adversity in his personal life.

4,341 all-purpose yards in his collegiate career (2,866 receiving, 841 kick return, 581 punt return, 53 rushing) including averaging 15.3 yards per return with 3 touchdown returns on 38 punts.

I know Marcus Jones is pretty good for us at that last part right now, buuuut 👀😂

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Some notable Weigh Ins at the Senior Bowl so far: 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Some notable Weigh Ins at the Senior Bowl so far: 

Three supersizes.

Duncan  smaller than listed. especially weight

Freeland is 6'7  list 6'8  which is a good thing.

Wright has been on a diet.  I think if he loses pounds he could be elite in the NFL. I just hope it's not "money weight " which I call guys that lose pounds sign contract, back to the Twinkies !!

Holy crap, just went back to their profiles. Freeland and Wright arms are 34+ length, major advantage in the NFL.

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Would love to hear opinions on Jayden Reed.

I'll flip the script. What did you see when he was playing well. The insight you provided would help how I would look at the player when I watch. Whats his game and attitude. 

IMO that is a major factor that many team miss.

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Michigan State is my school. Would love to hear opinions on Jayden Reed.

He was electric two seasons ago, and a new offensive scheme and regression from the QB dipped into him breaking out as a senior.

I think I just commented on this however I didn't see the clip posted.  I will be checking him out based on that clip. Wow  one of the main thing I look at is how a WR breaks. That clip shows quickness and balance which is the main trait I look for with WR's impressive.

Ex The have this kid Rashee Rice high in a lot of mocks. I see nothing at the next level. Here's what they say, he's big, gets off the press and win 50/50 balls . I say, let some other fool take him.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I'll flip the script. What did you see when he was playing well. The insight you provided would help how I would look at the player when I watch. Whats his game and attitude. 

IMO that is a major factor that many team miss.

Preseason Biletnikoff award watch list guy started the season off slowly with emerging WR Keon Coleman taking over as the #1. Once Reed got back in his groove, the season panned out pretty smoothly for him.

Browns CB Greg Newsome II called Reed the best WR in CFB before this past season began. For what it’s worth, Newsome also attended school in the BIG10 at Northwestern.

His quickness jumps off the page right away to me. Anticipated and swift movements as soon as the ball snaps.

He can be effective out of the slot or on the outside. Like I said, he plays bigger than he really is. He contests for any jump ball in his zip code, and he’s a hard guy to press at the line of scrimmage, it’s not gonna happen. Super shifty.

Our WR coach Courtney Hawkins has hailed Reed as the leader amongst the receivers room.

MSU does a thing different than most teams do, as they name new team captains every game; a role he held regardless if he was at the coin flip or not.

Reed was touted as a big leader in spring workouts and summer practices though

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

But, whoever gets him is getting an absolute stud and a true leader who overcame a lot of adversity in his personal life.

That's why I should be the Pats draft guy.😁🤣

I could give two craps where the Buckys of the world place his talent.

" NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks has Harry as the No. 3 prospect at the position. "

https://www.vikings.com/news/prospect-profile-arizona-state-wr-n-keal-harry

42 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Duncan  smaller than listed. especially weight

Freeland is 6'7  list 6'8  which is a good thing.

Wright has been on a diet.  I think if he loses pounds he could be elite in the NFL. I just hope it's not "money weight " which I call guys that lose pounds sign contract, back to the Twinkies !!

Holy crap, just went back to their profiles. Freeland and Wright arms are 34+ length, major advantage in the NFL.

Duncan is much smaller than i expected. Almost to the point where some teams may consider him to be a guard. 

Freeland went on my radar though, I still think he could use to put on 10-15 pounds at LT but i'm now interested in seeing his tape. Could be a solid 2nd round guy. 

Wright could push into the back half of the 1st along with Jones after this week

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Do you see him sliding inside to guard?

No he has everything else. I think he has room to add pounds. He look in great shape on film. You know the guy with huge shoulders and a 30 inch waste. However this is a big concern right now. Under 300 IMO will drop him down further in the draft.  He's a project, and now you add this.  This could be a major problem for him in the draft. Especially if no team see him as a tackle which I doubt but if he has to move to OG, he falls maybe to the 6th RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

No he has everything else. I think he has room to add pounds. He look in great shape on film. You know the guy with huge shoulders and a 30 inch waste. However this is a big concern right now. Under 300 IMO will drop him down further in the draft.  He's a project, and now you add this.  This could be a major problem for him in the draft. Especially if no team see him as a tackle which I doubt but if he has to move to OG, he falls maybe to the 6th RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True, i imagine in the next 2 months he's going to be doing everything humanly possible to get to 300 for the combine. If he is there in the 6th it's an absolute no brainer though. 

• Like 1