2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

1 hour ago, m haynes said:TE  That looks natural catching the ball. Not sure but @Crimmagemight of mentioned him.

I've mentioned him but mainly because I think he's overrated. People talk about him in the same breathe as Kincaid and I don't see it. 

1 hour ago, m haynes said:TE  That looks natural catching the ball. Not sure but @Crimmagemight of mentioned him.

Look at the size 6'3 however it a player that can actually play the WR spot. Imprssive, on my list . Flowers and this guy perfect picks that complement.

Xavier Hutchinson || Iowa State Cyclones Wide Receiver || 2022 Senior Highlights - YouTube

I like him a lot, I don't think he has to stay in the slot. He feels like a guy who can play inside and outside which would be great. If you can get him in the 4th I think he's a good pick. I really want to see how he tests, it's always hard to see how athletic guys are against bad competition. 

Just watched a UT video on the OL/DL here my comments.

Dawand Jones --- The hype he's getting is mostly Bucky's that only see the end results. Jones has to hold because they are beating him around the outside.  He's to big and tall major disadvantage in the NFL. Won't be pretty when he faces guys with more than one move.   I'm not touching him in the 1/2 rd. Now if he could lose weight like 40 lbs, he listed at 375, good chance he dominates on Sunday. 

Duncan   He looks smaller than I thought and base on the other OLs however he is the best OL on the field.  The only thing that's stop him from being LT is the weight. If he's 310/315 he's a 1st round talent.

Three guys I take right off the board.   Freeland, Patterson and Hayes are terrible. Freeland is lucky to get out of camp!!!!!!!!! I blew that one, what was I thinking.

Cody Mauch  -- goes up on my board. He was impressive as a OG however you could see he can play OT as well. Needs weight room but has NFL skills

Olusegun Oluwatimi ----  absolute monster can play OG as well. Day one starter.

And last but no least from Chattanooga

McClendon Curtis  6'6 328 can play. However the Pats will never take him. They don't want to show up their 1st RD pick!!!  He need training but has the physical tools. If he gets coaching, he's playing 10+ in the NFL.

Defense guys

Andre Carter ---  6th round, if he can play LB. He was today mosquito or rag doll take your choice. No thanks

Keeanu Benton ----  One of my early favorite, not any more. I thought he was a NT/DL???? Not!  I liked him at nose, he can't even play tackle, he was getting washed constantly .  He won't make it out of camp.

10 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

He feels like a guy who can play inside and outside which would be great.

1st off he shows WR skills and for a big man, he has fluid movement.  Ok everyone don't jump down my throat its just to compare their game/style.  He reminds me of Micheal Irvin. Big with easy movement.

I definitely see him as a 2 working off Flowers. I don't want him at slot.

9 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Just watched a UT video on the OL/DL here my comments.

Dawand Jones --- The hype he's getting is mostly Bucky's that only see the end results. Jones has to hold because they are beating him around the outside.  He's to big and tall major disadvantage in the NFL. Won't be pretty when he faces guys with more than one move.   I'm not touching him in the 1/2 rd. Now if he could lose weight like 40 lbs, he listed at 375, good chance he dominates on Sunday. 

He, the person will determine everything for me. Is weight going to be an issue with him? You need to know if he really wants it. I did some more research today after his amazing day yesterday and it looks like every year they are talking about him losing weight.. but he is still 375. Sounds like some BS to me, that makes me very reluctant. 

Duncan   He looks smaller than I thought and base on the other OLs however he is the best OL on the field.  The only thing that's stop him from being LT is the weight. If he's 310/315 he's a 1st round talent.

I think you either get Broderick Jones in the 1st.. or take Duncan in the 2nd. Don't mess around, either guy can be your LT of the future. 

McClendon Curtis  6'6 328 can play. However the Pats will never take him. They don't want to show up their 1st RD pick!!!  He need training but has the physical tools. If he gets coaching, he's playing 10+ in the NFL.

I like him as a RT a lot. He's a mauler and with coaching can be a beast. I also like Strange a lot too but that's just me.. with a real OL coach they will be in great shape. Draft him day 3 and have your RT for the next 4+ years

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

1st off he shows WR skills and for a big man, he has fluid movement.  Ok everyone don't jump down my throat its just to compare their game/style.  He reminds me of Micheal Irvin. Big with easy movement.

I definitely see him as a 2 working off Flowers. I don't want him at slot.

We are on the same page then, I think he can take advantage of 1 on 1's really well and still get YAC. 

Imagine Tyquan Thornton taking double coverage with him up the field.. then Hutchinson on one side.. and a agile slot in the middle of the field. No matter what happens, at least one of those guys is going to be open. 

13 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Broderick Jones in the 1st.

Something with his game bothers me, every time i watch him play. It took me a while to figure it out, but here's what I see. He moves well in pass set, going backwards to set his angle however when he stops and has to adjust forward  he leans losing his balance and he way over his base. You can say they can fix that but I'm not so sure due to his lack of height.  Jones has to reach upward for the bigger guys, that a huge problem.  Maybe a visual will help you see what I'm trying to say.  Here's a video stop at the 103  mark. This is the problem I see every time I watch him. His balance is a major issue at his height. How will he deal with NFL guys that have several moves, such as bull rush and up and under. 

ADDED Would help if I added the video!!!

"SCARY Georgia O-linemen" - Broderick Jones Official Highlights - YouTube

13 hours ago, Crimmage said:

every year they are talking about him losing weight.. but he is still 375

I posted earlier a article that said he had to REFOCUS about his eating and workout habits. Moving forward to today.  Reason to refocus.  I need to make that money!!!!  Here's the kicker, he didn't focus enough, 375lbs . What happens when he get it.

ADDED

Darnell Wright

@crimmage   I glad you commented on my post. It made me look at my comments .  I can't believe I left off my guy Wright.

He is worth the  ( not 14 ) high pick. He's a day one starter.  However he needs to work in NFL camp to really reach his potential. He has to calm his aggressiveness on the outside rush,he attacks which weakens his base. Easy fix IMO. Also he's 342lbs  lose fat pounds and he should dominate the right side for 10+ years.

Also I don't see the Pats taking him even with a trade down. MOF based on what I'm seeing I would trade down the board several times, if I can get the same rated player in the 2nd RD!!!  Boy this 1st RD stinks (in general) for the Pats.

WR  There are only two guys I would take in the 1st and there would have to be trades down to do so.

Flowers  20's  and JSN 25+.  I not so sure taking JSN is a smart move in the 1st because I see him in the slot mostly. I see a ton of guys later that can play slot the more I look.  But I would say, he would kill it playing slot for the Pats

LT   IMO there's not one i would take in the 1st RD. I will take my chances in the 2nd RD with Duncan and Cody Mauch. teach them for a year and fill in in 2023. Brown stays at LT and than go out and get a starting RT.  If they take Jones, he's on the bench his 1st year.

CB  I love the guys we can get at 14 however CB position is loaded. Is is wise to take one at 14 or trade down and get to the later rounds.  EX take a CB in the 2nd and use the additional picks two have 3 2nd RD picks?

Let's say trade down and pick 3 players in the 2nd ,such as

1. Duncan LT

2. Garrett Williams CB

3. Drew Sanders LB

I look for a WR in the 3rd. Most likely the slot. You can't get everything ( outside guy) you want in one draft.  Maybe the other idiot GMs let Xavier Hutchinson fall to the Pats in the 3rd round!!!!😁

The Pats could trade into the 2nd  and have 4 picks with a  multiple trades down and with the draft capital they have but that for a another time.

It comes down to... you get one player in the 1st or multiple picks later.

Let's say one 1st RD pick.

CB    Whitherspoon / Gonsalez 

WR    Flowers

Slot  JSN

I think I go with the 3 in the 2nd

PS You trade out of the 1st completely to accumulate picks. Trade down yes, but all the way to the second rd which means work you way down 14 trade to 16 trade to 20 trade to 30, end up with all the 2nd RD-ers!!!! I hope you get my point.

Edited by m haynes

42 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I haven’t watched much Isaiah Foskey tape so I will defer to your opinions until I can get caught up. But I think the kid is growing on me.

What do you see in him?

I haven't really watch much becasue he doesn't pop when I watched his tape. I will look back now that you mentioned him. I do that with lot of players early.  EX JSN  1st impression wasn't very good, hard pass,  however i looked again based on @Crimmagecomments.  Now I see JSN as a elite slot receiver. His cuts are unreal, ankle breaker.

Also  Foskey is the player that caused all the Bucky's praising the 2nd coming,  Dawand Jones. He crushed him into the ground, OMG did you see that, he's a 1st round pick!!!!!! BS, what they don't say is Foskey beat him around the corner and Jones put a choke hole on him. 

Meaning, 1st down, holding Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that with OT Freeland 1st impression wow, we could have something here. 2nd impression off my board.

Edited by m haynes

2 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Tank Dell is tiiiiiny

He is Marcus Jones on offense.. who coincidentally played at the same school. The most insane part being... he is 10lb smaller than Jones. As much as he lights up college and the senior bowl.. i dont know how he can hold up in the Patriots system. 100 catches a year would kill him with 230 pound LB's hitting him 10 times a game

52 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Now I see JSN as a elite slot receiver. His cuts are unreal, ankle breaker.

Yup, to the rest of the league maybe he won't be elite.. won't be worth a top 20 pick.. but to the Patriots ( assuming health) he's worth it 100 times out of 100 imo. He is GUARANTEED rookie of the year if picked by the Patriots. 1,100 yards year 1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I haven’t watched much Isaiah Foskey tape so I will defer to your opinions until I can get caught up. But I think the kid is growing on me.

What do you see in him?

I haven't watched any tape.. but based off the Senior Bowl.. he looks like a speed rush guy. He probably goes top 2 rounds and I don't see them going that high for a guy like him so I haven't paid much attention.

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Something with his game bothers me, every time i watch him play. 

I agree, red flags are there. I think that all the first round LT's have some. In hindsight I have a feeling we will say this isn't a great LT draft. That's also why I think Duncan could surprise people and end up going much earlier than the day 3 people are foolishly putting him at now. Probably top 50. 

Not sure anyone in this draft is good enough to replace Trent Brown at LT this season. Some guys they may look at though are: 

• Jaelyn Duncan, I think at 46 he's a steal
  • Luke Haggard 6th, performed well at Shrine Bowl, developmental guy
  • Connor Galvin 6th, performed well at Shrine Bowl, developmental guy

Darnell Wright

He's a constant reminder to me that this draft is really good at RT.. but that also reminds me that historically the Patriots have never spent on RT. Vollmer was around 60 and I think Cannon was day 3. I don't see them spending a first.. even a late one on a RT. 

I have a feeling when it's all said and done we may see RT addressed in a very different way from what people are expecting. They don't historically need amazing athletes there... they want maulers like Onwenu.

• Dalton Wagner 6th, raw but I think they will like his potential
  • McClendon Curtis 6th, I think he could start for them day 1
  • Warren McClendon 6th, Cannon type.. not athlete but strong

I think you bring back McDermitt and let him compete with Stueber and one of these guys for the starting spot. The goal being that Stueber or the rookie win the job.

CB  I love the guys we can get at 14 however CB position is loaded. Is is wise to take one at 14 or trade down and get to the later rounds.  EX take a CB in the 2nd and use the additional picks two have 3 2nd RD picks?

Agreed, i'm personally not touching CB or S until late day 2, early day 3. The only way I pick one at 14 is if they 100% think they are the next Revis.. which I don't think any of these guys are at that level. That's another spot I would double dip.

Give me one of the following guys with the Rams 4th: 

• Eli Ricks
  • Tyrique Stevenson
  • Clark Phillips
  • Kyu Blu Kelly

Then another guy in the 6th: 

• DJ Turner
  • Julius Brents
  • Kei'Trel Clark
  • Terrell Smith ( apparently expected to test as the next Woolen)
  • Myles Brooks

3. Drew Sanders LB

I think someone will see him at the combine and think "Micah Parsons lite" and he goes in that 20-35 range. 

I look for a WR in the 3rd. Most likely the slot. You can't get everything ( outside guy) you want in one draft.  Maybe the other idiot GMs let Xavier Hutchinson fall to the Pats in the 3rd round!!!!😁

I think you need to double dip at WR. After this season they only have Thornton under contract. They also badly need a hit so taking two would give them a better chance of that. 

I'm taking one of these guys in the 3rd/4th

• Tank Dell, i'm not believing the top 50 hype.. he's 160 pounds
  • AT Perry
  • Xavier Hutchinson, the forgotten man.. have you seen anything from the Senior Bowl about him
  • Rakim Jarrett ( just based off your highlight video lol)
  • Jayden Reed, he's a projected 6th now but I think the Senior Bowl shoots him up to around top 100

Then I'm taking one of these guys in the 6th:

• Charlie Jones ( did he not go to the Senior Bowl? If not, his stock is going to be dirt cheap.. steal in the 6th)
  • Bryce Ford-Wheaton
  • Justin Shorter
  • Demario Douglas

PS You trade out of the 1st completely to accumulate picks. Trade down yes, but all the way to the second rd which means work you way down 14 trade to 16 trade to 20 trade to 30, end up with all the 2nd RD-ers!!!! I hope you get my point.

They already have a lot of picks so I don't think they necessarily want a lot this year.. but I can see them trading out of 14 to accumulate future picks. Eagles for instance.. I'm not sure how this works trade chart wise but say they love two guys top 15.. they trade 31/32, 63/64 and a 2nd round pick next year ( they have 2) for 14. That gives the Patriots essentially 3 2nd rounders for 14.. I think they make that trade.

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

He is Marcus Jones on offense.. who coincidentally played at the same school. The most insane part being... he is 10lb smaller than Jones. As much as he lights up college and the senior bowl.. i dont know how he can hold up in the Patriots system. 100 catches a year would kill him with 230 pound LB's hitting him 10 times a game

Andy Isabella factor !!!!  You can get away with his size in college not so much in the NFL.

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

Andy Isabella factor !!!!  You can get away with his size in college not so much in the NFL.

Watch him go be dominant for a decade and we are crying about him weekly the same way we do Deebo, AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, McLaurin, etc. 🤣