2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

Everyone who's work involves the draft and has this attitude/opinion,  FIRED.

I don't blame them for that, most people nowadays are just using PFF to tell them where someone is going to get drafted. For the most part they are pretty good at getting a range that someone will be drafted. What I'll say though is that we don't have a proper idea until the combine.. we can expect guys who are a 4th to be a 2nd. Christian Watson at this point last year was a 4th/5th to them.. but by the time the combine finished they had him I believe at prospect 35. 

When it comes to Flowers, if he is 19 now..how high is he going to be when he runs a 4.3 at the combine!?! Especially because JSN/Addison certainly aren't running a 4.3. We know how they operate though, WR in the first just isn't going to happen lol, I need to just go back to looking at day 3 WR's like Charlie Jones. 

OT will be the pick.. it just makes too much sense.. Trade back if you can.. get your guy around 20 then take it from there. CB being the pick would just strengthen a position of strength which we've already seen no matter how good it is isn't good enough to carry the team into the playoffs. As much as I love mocking Dawand Jones to the Patriots in the 3rd, that probably won't happen either.. if he does well at the Senior Bowl he's probably picked in the 20-40 range too.

Edited by Crimmage

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

just using PFF to tell them where someone is going to get drafted

The ruination of football !!!!!! 

I need to just go back to looking at day 3 WR's like Charlie Jones. 

Yup  Start dumpster diving !!!!! Just don't step on me when you get in. 🤣

Dawand Jones

The more I look at him the more I'm intrigued. Gets some pounds off him and you might have a 10 year starter.

Also i don't care how anybody ranks player, PPF or any other  such as Bucky Brooks and Daniel whats his name. Crap you and I are better than those two and they get to see all the tapes!!!!!!

Going back to Jones. I would be fine with him at 2 as long as they talk to him on his weight, eating habits and get info from other about his effort.

It would take 10 second to add him to the board or take him off!!!

----------------------------------

Great article on Jones.  

Here are my warning signs in the article.

"Jones felt a renewed focus for the summer’s strength and conditioning program."

“I just told myself I've got to attack the workouts with a different mindset,” he said. “It’s paying off.”

What happens when he's by himself and with NFL money in his pocket.

Edited by m haynes

A couple more guys who are showing out at the Shrine Bowl: 

Trey Dean was a star of the show again at Safety

Justin Shorter, WR - Big Receiver, who is raw and from Florida

Demario Douglas, WR - 5'8, 170.. shifty guy who sounds like day 3 Zay Flowers ( we know how much they love value) 

They brought back Lynn Bowden too... really wonder if they are going to try him out at the slot or try to make him a 3rd down back. Both very intriguing options and worth the futures contract. 

6 hours ago, Iron_man said:

duke dawson

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another Gator crap show.   I have to wonder who in the heck is the Pats  scout.

Must be one of BB inside guy's. The guys that save him from preparing for the draft.

BB  To the scout department, did you get the report on the Gators? Yes, your buddy just sent it. What's it say?  Fishing on Thursday,  take Dawson. Great done, see you next week!!!!

• Like 1

Seal the deal!!!!  

Zay Flowers 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChHRzKTV1os

The cuts at the cone drill did it for me, insane.  He doesn't even bend, dip brake.  When the draft work is done, he's a high 1st RD pick.  Also forget trying to ( Watch tape I see no problems) press him, you do and miss, he's gone!!!!

His total package is perfect for today's NFL.

PS I heard some bring up his height and him falling to the 2nd RD, idiots.  That's the reason teams pick losers in the 1st RD. They don't see whats on tape. All they see is numbers!!! Right Harry!!

Also if I see the Pats take another WR with him on the board, I will lose it. Let say Rice.  I want to add, I  understand if they want JSN for the slot. They are  one of the few teams that view that position as the number one guy.  I don't agree with that thinking, but it's logical. 

ADDED  They said the same (size) thing about DeVonta Smith. PPF whatever, giving all these stats why he's a bad pick in the 1st RD.  Game's history, toe size, cup size ... idiots.

Blah Blah Blah how's that working out!!!  Watch the tape. 

Edited by m haynes

1 hour ago, m haynes said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another Gator crap show.   I have to wonder who in the heck is the Pats  scout.

Must be one of BB inside guy's. The guys that save him from preparing for the draft.

BB  To the scout department, did you get the report on the Gators? Yes, your buddy just sent it. What's it say?  Fishing on Thursday,  take Dawson. Great done, see you next week!!!!

Every time I look at a Gator that I fall in love with in this draft, I think of you lol You're going to hate this.. but I would draft 3-4 this year. Now they are raw, their coaching kind of sucks.. but I have a bunch of confidence in the Patriots defensive staff that I think they could get some real diamonds in the ruff. 

• Gervon Dexter DL (3rd Round) 
    • Top 10 talent.. could be a wrecking ball with Barmore.. needs coaching.. could be a sub package guy day 1
  • Brenton Cox (5/6th)
    • Another first round talent.. lots of off the field issues.. raw.. BB personally spent time with him at the Shrine Bowl so i'm sure he's assessing if he will take coaching
  • Trey Dean (4th/5th)
    • Blew up the Shrine Bowl.. amazing athlete.. i expect him to blow up the combine too
  • Justin Shorter WR (7th/UDFA)
    • 6'4 225lb .. we know how much they love big WR's. Also raw but so late that he's a good project. 

8 hours ago, Iron_man said:

Tucker has had a great season like Dallas Goedert. I hope we don't miss out on him like we did with Dallas. Oof I can't believe we took duke dawson when Dallas had got taken like 7 turns before.

From what I've read, the concern is injuries, right? 

He seems like a great athlete and someone who is a willing blocker. If he blows up the combine I could see him being a late 2nd/3rd round guy even in a deep draft. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Every time I look at a Gator that I fall in love with in this draft, I think of you lol You're going to hate this.. but I would draft 3-4 this year. Now they are raw, their coaching kind of sucks.. but I have a bunch of confidence in the Patriots defensive staff that I think they could get some real diamonds in the ruff. 

• Gervon Dexter DL (3rd Round) 
    • Top 10 talent.. could be a wrecking ball with Barmore.. needs coaching.. could be a sub package guy day 1
  • Brenton Cox (5/6th)
    • Another first round talent.. lots of off the field issues.. raw.. BB personally spent time with him at the Shrine Bowl so i'm sure he's assessing if he will take coaching
  • Trey Dean (4th/5th)
    • Blew up the Shrine Bowl.. amazing athlete.. i expect him to blow up the combine too
  • Justin Shorter WR (7th/UDFA)
    • 6'4 225lb .. we know how much they love big WR's. Also raw but so late that he's a good project. 

That's funny. Pats are cursed when it comes to Cator's I don't even look. i won't look at anything on the players you listed. NO NO NO !!!!!!! 

Here's one for you, look up the history with Gator (good ones) players in the NFl. You would be amazes the low percentage based on the teams history.  Check WRs try to name lets say three, that were any good in the NFL without looking them up. The only guy I can come up with are the bust on the Pats and Caldwell !!!!! Oh ya the guy with the headaches that lasted 4 seasons. Viking to Seahawks. It astounding, you would think it would be a WR factor. Defensive back????????????????????? zero without looking up the answer.

That team is cursed, anyone the Pats take will tear a ACL getting off the couch to celebrate getting picked by the Pats !!!!!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

Jones is going to end up being a 1st round pick, isn't he? I don't care that he played all RT.. I would draft him and play him RT year 1 then switch him over to LT year 2. 

Either trade back deep into the first or take some at 14 and trade back up into the 30's to take him. He's going to be a problem at the next level. 

Looks like Hayes has been up and down so far. Still think he's worth a shot on day 3. Looks like he needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle to handle a strong bull rush.

Edited by Crimmage