2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

I thought Jones would jump form a 3rd to a 2nd round guy after the Senior Bowl.. but when it's all said and done he may be a first rounder after all this. Absolute domination. 

Can you imagine Onwenu and Jones on the right side? That run game would be dominant. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

@DaPatsKid98 Looks like your guy is lighting up the senior bowl. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/jayden-reed-senior-bowl/

This draft is stacked at the slot position. Guys like this are a major reason why I can't imagine BB spending a 1st on Flowers / JSN / Addison. 

Yes, he is! Seems he’s becoming very popular this weekend. I’m glad to see him get some recognition from fans and folks around the league

This draft is abso freaking lutely loaded at WR, going back to your late statement. Hard not to like JSN & Addison, but you are absolutely correct. Feels like taking a WR in round 1 or 2 given the various prospects, would be a major waste of draft capital.

I’m not sure when he goes in the draft, but Jacob Copeland is another guy I’ve got my one on specifically. But it’s really being like a kid in a candy shop when you start breaking down all these receivers for 2023!

Edited by DaPatsKid98

41 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

Feels like taking a WR in round 1 or 2 given the various prospects, would be a major waste of draft capital.

My only concern really is the coaching staff.. im kind of down on Troy Brown. He hasn't really shown to make anyone better. Patricia got a lot of flack last year but it feels like some of that was Brown's fault. If they take a guy in the first I almost feel like it's a testament to not trusting the coaching staff to develop a guy, that they need someone who will be good day 1 even if they aren't capable of bringing their game to the next level. 

2nd Round:

• Josh Downs (Zay Flowers with worse route running) 
  • Jalin Hyatt ( A second Thornton, who needs just as much work) 

3rd Round: 

• Tank Dell ( I refuse to take a guy who's that 160 pounds in the first two rounds) 
  • AT Perry ( Future Davante Parker) 
  • Andrei Iosivas ( Going to blow up the Senior Bowl, small school guy) 

4th Round: 

• Xavier Hutchinson ( I get Amon-Ra St Brown vibes from him) 
  • Jaydeen Reed ( If he continues to blow up the Senior Bowl and tests well, could be a 100-150 guy) 

5th Round: 

• Charlie Jones ( big slot, underrated athlete, really want to see his agility numbers) 

6th Round: 

• Ronnie Bell ( Slot, injury issues but had some big games at Michigan) 
  • Jake Bobo ( Big slot, Jakobi Meyers type) 
  • Justin Shorter ( Raw, great athlete, contested catch guy.. he has some baby DK Metcalf vibes) 
  • Demario Douglas ( Poor mans Zay Flowers, really want to see his combine numbers) 

I'm probably missing a few guys too.. you can double dip and have some good developmental guys to take over once Parker/Bourne are gone. Hopefully one of them pops and can play day 1 too. 

Edited by Crimmage
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, m haynes said:

No he has everything else. I think he has room to add pounds. He look in great shape on film. You know the guy with huge shoulders and a 30 inch waste. However this is a big concern right now. Under 300 IMO will drop him down further in the draft.  He's a project, and now you add this.  This could be a major problem for him in the draft. Especially if no team see him as a tackle which I doubt but if he has to move to OG, he falls maybe to the 6th RD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently he was one of the standout guys today and played exclusively LT. I wish i could find more video on the reps to see how these guys are doing. Haven't heard anything on Freeland either. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tuesday-2023-senior-bowl-team-practice-report-jaelyn-duncan-and-dawand-jones-dominate/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Even in the 3rd, I would take Duncan just to secure his talent. If you're not taking one of the top 5 guys in the top 50, he's the next guy. 

I'm glad McClendon Curtis showed out too. He has some good tape. He seems like the mauler type that they like to pick on day 3 to play RT. Duncan in the 3rd, Curtis in the 6th.. it may not seem like much on draft day but those guys could play early and often this year. 

Also happy to see Tyjae Spears looks awesome. If he's there in the 4th I wouldn't be surprised if BB pulls the trigger. Seems like he can be an impact guy. 

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

From what I've read, the concern is injuries, right? 

He seems like a great athlete and someone who is a willing blocker. If he blows up the combine I could see him being a late 2nd/3rd round guy even in a deep draft. 

Yeah in the first game of his last season with the Jacks, he got his ankle rolled on. It was a minor ankle injury. He still played in 7 games that season though. What I didn't know is that he played RB, FB, and Punter for his High school team. I'm sure BB already knows this though and he loves his gadget players.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

@DaPatsKid98 Looks like your guy is lighting up the senior bowl. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/jayden-reed-senior-bowl/

This draft is stacked at the slot position. Guys like this are a major reason why I can't imagine BB spending a 1st on Flowers / JSN / Addison. 

I agree BB wouldn't know a WR if he tripped on him!!!!

How's this for fixing WR position.  The draft is weak, team willing to trade out, cost little to move up this year. Trade down, get Flowers, than trade up and get JSN !!!!!   Two elite WRs in the 1st RD!!!!

9 hours ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

😬 maybe we don’t wanna see the tape lol

Just throwing it out there. The drills are one thing tape is another. I have seen many star in drills over the years however they never matched it in the NFL. I call this the Bucky syndrome. He make a comment about a players drill and off to the races the basement draft experts go, the greatest thing ever crap.  Look I'm not saying it's bad but it only a small part figuring out where he should go in the draft. You have to watch out for the Mike Mumula's of the draft.

EX  Philly drafted Danny Watkins (2011 draft) in the 1st RD after dominating the the drills. He was the talk of the draft, the OMG, Bucky player .... guess what, bust !!!!!

Believe me, he looked like John Hannah !!!! Talk about missing on a player!!!!  I was totally Bucky on this one, ouch!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

Here an article I came across, interesting. There are only two mentioned that I would want the Pats to look at based on the clips, yup it's that fast for me to check off, pass!!!! It all about the movement.

https://nesn.com/2023/01/patriots-reportedly-wanted-to-coach-these-players-at-shrine-bowl/

Kazmeir Allen ---  UCLA  ----small could care less for low RD pick. Plays both RB/ WR/ ST.

Also not on a video but a comment at the end, player Jack Colletto.

He is perfect for the Pats based on their offense, team makeup, screams Patriots. I love this type in the low RDs. Especially, a player that has QB in his past. Lets call it a Jules pick!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvLowLURVvc

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Here an article I came across, interesting. There are only two mentioned that I would want the Pats to look at based on the clips, yup it's that fast for me to check off, pass!!!! It all about the movement.

https://nesn.com/2023/01/patriots-reportedly-wanted-to-coach-these-players-at-shrine-bowl/

Kazmeir Allen ---  UCLA  ----small could care less for low RD pick. Plays both RB/ WR/ ST.

Also not on a video but a comment at the end, player Jack Colletto.

He is perfect for the Pats based on their offense, team makeup, screams Patriots. I love this type in the low RDs. Especially, a player that has QB in his past. Lets call it a Jules pick!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvLowLURVvc

If they really want that type of RB, Travis Dye in the 6th/7th or Tyjae Spears in the 4th. You can't have a 170lb RB and expect him to hold up in pass protection.