Crimmage

Third Quarter: 

First Drive: 

• Duggan Fumble.. 

Second Drive: 

• My guy McClendon Curtis, beat outside badly

Third Drive: 

• Duggan with a good throw threading the needle on 4th down
  • Duggan with an overthrow on 4th down.. he doesn't feel draftable to me.. but im sure someone will off his grit alone
  • Cody Mauch was at RT and looked pretty good

Fourth Drive: 

• Chase Brown has some burst, but not the type of guy I think they need. All the other RB's here feel like a better fit for the Pats
  • Like 1

This was a good game with horrible production.  You would think Michal Wilson was the next Gerry Rice!!! That would not  shut up talking about him.  OL/DL basically didn't exist other than cute back stories.

Here what my comments

Wright needs work with his technique his based /feet have to be wider apart. Also he to agrressive an lean with his punch. Still a starter day one.

The player of the game with when you consider everything.  Troy OG/C is going to be a steal in the draft. He was strong the whole game. balance quickness strength,  impressive. Just wait till he gets NFL training WOW.

Brown RB need to look at Illinois. caught my eye Late rd player.

LT 54 Bama  fundamentally sound, that goes for all of them today. Need to go back and look. Middle round we have picks.

Check Danial Scott safety quick .

LB lamb  all over defense

check out battering ram Cameron Peoples

Well off to a party good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Keion White 

This is the second time a saw a mock with him high in the draft. The last one is at 14 with the Pats.

This is the perfect player BB would pick at 14.  Instead of me explaining why, just read this ... BB player. 

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Keion-White-DE-GeorgiaTech

Boring but he improves the team.  In general, you can't complain about the players skills however its not the position we desperately need. Me its OT, WR/CB.

Here something that stood out, he can play and he's 6'5 280lbs and strong here's the kicker he runs a 4.67 40 !!!!!!!!

keon white - YouTube

I telling you now, I  can feel it right down to my cleats.

With the 14th pick the Pats select, Keion White.  WHO !!!!!!

BB  We were lucky he was there and trading down wasn't a option.

Another article today. Momentum.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/08/panthers-mock-draft-lance-zierlein-keion-white/?fbclid=IwAR3S3aIVC_w38YMeb_UlrgDCfD-S_W1Bfv2L2LKK8FqRAXC9IE2KiMIH2ek

"White on the field this past week at the Senior Bowl, where he was easily one of the best players down in Mobile, Ala. He dominated in both practices and in the game, flashing his talent as an explosive and potent pass rusher. "

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

I telling you now, I  can feel it right down to my cleats.

With the 14th pick the Pats select, Keion White.  WHO !!!!!!

BB  We were lucky he was there and trading down wasn't a option.

Another article today. Momentum.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/08/panthers-mock-draft-lance-zierlein-keion-white/?fbclid=IwAR3S3aIVC_w38YMeb_UlrgDCfD-S_W1Bfv2L2LKK8FqRAXC9IE2KiMIH2ek

"White on the field this past week at the Senior Bowl, where he was easily one of the best players down in Mobile, Ala. He dominated in both practices and in the game, flashing his talent as an explosive and potent pass rusher. "

I don't see the need.. but I wouldn't count it out. 

If you draft him at 14, I'll be telling you it's a major mistake though lol. Even if he is a great player.. you can make this defense as amazing as possible but if Mac isn't protected you're done. 

Maybe trade back to 24 and pick up the Jags 2nd.. then you can take a LT in the 2nd. Still risky but I'd at least feel better about it. 

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

I don't see the need.. but I wouldn't count it out. 

If you draft him at 14, I'll be telling you it's a major mistake though lol. Even if he is a great player.. you can make this defense as amazing as possible but if Mac isn't protected you're done. 

Maybe trade back to 24 and pick up the Jags 2nd.. then you can take a LT in the 2nd. Still risky but I'd at least feel better about it. 

I can't count the times a players comes up before the draft that I don't want any part of and BB takes him. 

Tyquan Thornton  ---    Hate Baylor WR. They have zero game knowledge. Coaches they have none!!!

Kyle Dugger   ----  I'm not a small school fan high in the draft.  To much risk.

Anfernee Jennings  ---- Lazy lazy lazy

Joejuan Williams   ----  6'7 CB is not a risk?????? Heck no pass.

Derek Rivers    ------  Big talk before draft small school Bucky's pick. Vids showed nothing.

Dominique Easley ----  If you can't figure out why, leave the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nate Solder  ----- Tape was brutal to watch. He played well however there were time he was beat like a drum, complete whiffs

Ron Brace   -------  They asked him before the draft if his nervous, NO its just a job  !!!!!!!!!!

Ben Watson  ----- Combine hero, good player but in the 1st,  no way.

Save the best for last.

I hated his videos , his body, two toothpicks for legs. Hard pass.

Here the kicker. It was the 1st year of the drafts new format.  We had the 1st pick the next night in the 2nd RD. Multiple trade offers, team treating it like the 1st round.

Trader BB, --------------- with the 33rd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I went nuts, lost it, and than, Pats select ------------------

Ras-I Dowling

Not sure where to put this so I picked draft.

After the SB I change my mind and beliefs when it comes to the draft.

I could give a crap about defense. It's a complete was of time. The best offenses can't be stopped.

Every pick should be offense, unless some defensive guy fall into your lap and is so far superior to any offensive talent.

There is so many examples however I'll give you one that really drives my point home. 

Why on earth would any one take Will Anderson, who I consider the best defensive player in the draft in the top 10. You have top ten pick your team stinks so what is he going to do to change things, NOTHING. He just another Khalil Mack !!!!    Put him on the Pats, NOTHING !!!  Note, yes you take him if your a good team that made a trade to get into the top 10 but still any offensive player close in value you take him. 

Also this draft has to be one of the worse draft for offense in a long time, so it does test my change in attitude.

EX  The Bears should trade down the board. 

Trade

Pick 1 and get 5, 20

PIck  5  and get 10 ,31

Bears select at

10   Quentin Johnston

20  JSN

31   Flowers

Today NFL you just change your team into a deadly weapon !!!!

On 2/8/2023 at 2:11 PM, Crimmage said:

They would like Colletto and Finley at minimum. Both were at the Shrine Bowl.. if they aren't drafted I would expect them both to be high priority guys for the Patriots to sign. 

I’ve been gone from here for a week or two, so bare with me as I get caught up fellas!

First notification I clicked and I noticed Michigan State tight end Daniel Barker’s name.

He has potential but going to MSU this past year was not a good career choice for him.

Kenneth Walker carried the offense basically in 2021. 2022 comes, and after having a defense that gave up over 400 total yards per game and addressed every need on defender except secondary… yeah, except secondary… it was clear the offense would need to carry the Spartans.

After rising to every occasion a year earlier, QB Payton Thorne had a different story written for the next season. Coaching staff changes, major losses from the roster, (and a Head coach going into just his third season- one of which was a COVID reduced year) joined in succumbing to Thorne’s downfall. He regressed… but not terribly? It’s weird to describe . Tons of underthrows early, gets hurt, comes back with tons of overthrows. Offense is pitiful. Late in the season they get their bearings going but I don’t think any of that was a result of Thorne. He just did not get better at all. That was clear. He looked worse, but that could’ve been predicted given all the changes.

But, the offense transitioned to more traditional two tight end looks. That was the game plan coming into the year.

Look up Daniel Barker from Illinois and Maliq Carr from Purdue.

Both were the starting tight ends in this “two tight end offense” post K9 era.

Ultimately to sum a major disappointment up shortly, when the defense did not hold up, once again, the play calling on offense reverted to them playing like they had Kenneth Walker still instead of the new aforementioned look with two tight ends, and playmakers at receiver including Jayden Reed, and Keon Coleman.

*Tre Mosley is a late round WR prospect to keep an eye on as well for next year
**4 star Germie Bernard plays sparingly and transferred out after this season 

***ANTONIO GATES JR is expected to see the field a lot next year. Yes. That’s his son.

**** he’s not there yet… but Michigan raised and MSU committed, Nick Marsh. He’s infamously known as Megatron Junior… receiver room is looking up for the future. I just hope panic doesn’t set in, once again and details these fine players potential  to showcase their abilities.

There is really a lot of NFL talent in East Lansing, Michigan. Realistically, right now, most of it is late round talent. That is undergoing a substantial change, mark my words. NFL factory here soon.

Both sides of the ball…

Brandon Jordan, pass rush coach… has notoriously coached over 170 players in the NFL… Google him.

Just do it

MSU did have former PAC-12 award winner transfer from Colorado (Mel Tucker’s former school) RB Jarrek Broussard & former 4 star recruit Jalen Berger who transferred from Wisconsin.

And it just did not work. At all. Not even 5 guys could replicate what K9 did for MSU apparently.

All that given, this led to Barker having a season that was equal to a division 1 high school tight end. I feel terrible for him. He has skills. Peep his tape at Illinois. He has size. I don’t get why he was snubbed from the combine.

Im not saying he’s gonna be a great player, but when you look at him, his potential, and misfortunes… he’s definitely a combine snub.

Edited by DaPatsKid98

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

First notification I clicked and I noticed Michigan State tight end Daniel Barker’s name.

When it comes to TE here is where I am for the Patriots: 

2nd Round: 

• Dalton Kincaid ( Won't happen but I can still imagine it) 
  • Darnell Washington ( it's underplayed how much they will probably fall in love with him) 

3rd Round: 

• Tucker Kraft (The combine could have him in the 2nd round if he tests like a crazy athlete) 
  • Sam LaPorta (Solid TE) 

Day 3: 

• Cameron Latu ( Alabama Connection)
  • Payne Durham ( Huge Senior Bowl, hasn't played the position that long, not elite athlete but good upside) 
  • Zack Kuntz ( Good athlete) 

Barker sound like he is a late day 3 / UDFA type guy. Given the disfunction there last year, he sounds like a guy who would be worth signing as a UDFA and keeping him on the practice squad for a year. This TE class is stacked. 

1 hour ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

NFL factory here soon.

You forced me to go heavy into Jayden Reed this past month haha. I find it fascinating that he was actually as productive as he was given the situation. So many contested catches and poorly thrown balls. The benefit he has there is the fact that he probably has way more experience making difficult catches, because he had to make at least 1-2 every week. 

At least the routes I've seen so far, he doesn't have the tightest route running. Like I remember him running an out route and listing outward 3-4 yards while he went to the sideline putting himself closer to coverage. Those are the types of things the Patriots would hate, I remember they were big on the " when i say 5 yards, it's 5 yards" type things. I also wish I saw more twitchy route over the middle, he makes guys miss.. but is he going to be able to do some Edelman style routes where he breaks a guys ankles in the middle of the field then catches a critical 3rd down? 

I really look forward to seeing him at the combine. I want to see his agility drills even more than his 40 that everyone is worried about. 

To me, this draft is all about double dipping at positions that are a strength in the draft.. which also happen to be major weaknesses on the roster. 

• OT 
  • Slot WR
  • CB
  • TE
  • Special Teams ( Punter and Kicker) 

I would be totally happy if they left this draft exclusively drafting from those positions (assuming they get LB's in free agency).

PFF is in the process of updating their draft rankings.. right now they have the top 100. Some really interesting adjustments being made. Interested to se what y'all think: 

• Drew Sanders
    • went from a borderline 1st round pick.. to ranked 95. I can't imagine that being possible.. I wonder what they saw that destroyed his ranking 
  • Trenton Simpson
    • down to rank 59, I don't think he's polished.. but in the late 2nd/early 3rd he is intriguing 
  • Tank Dell
    • at 37 is still way too high to me.. I think he's a 3rd round pick
  • Boutte
    • at 56 seems about right given his lack of production. I think he will be hard to pass up by the Patriots at 46 if he is there
  • LaPorta
    • at 57 seems too high, surprised Tucker Kraft isn't in the top 100 
  • Darnell Washington
    • at 72 seems very low too.. Patriots are going to fall in love with that guy
  • Darnell Wright
    • had a good Senior Bowl.. then drops to rank 72? That's confusing. 
  • Dawand Jones
    • jumped from 88 to 44 which is closer to where I think he will be. I'm thinking anywhere from 25-45 for him. 
  • Jaelyn Duncan
    • jumped from 150ish to 84 which is much closer to where he should be
  • Cody Mauch
    • had a great senior bowl.. then drops from ~40 to 91.. that also makes no sense .. if he is there in the 3rd I would 100% take the gamble and start him at RT day 1. He's also good Onwenu insurance. 
  • Andre Carter
    • How is he possibly ranked 24!? 

I know PFF is usually off on these things.. and it can still change a lot at the combine.. but if they are anywhere close to right on some of these guys.. I'm trading out of the 1st entirely. Give me as many 2nd's and 3rds and I'm trading all over the place to get guys I want. 

1. Drew Sanders in the 3rd would be a steal 
  2. Dawand Jones in the early second and Darnell Wright in the 2nd would be awesome
  3. Jaelyn Duncan in the 3rd and Cody Mauch in the 3rd would be incredibly underrated. Especially because you have Trent Brown to redshirt Duncan. I think Mauch can play RT in the NFL 
  4. If Darnell Washington makes it to the 3rd I fully expect the Patriots to trade up and get him. They will see Gronk qualities in him
  5. If Josh Downs is at 46, he's almost guaranteed to be the pick.. too good of a fit.. but if he is gone, I could see them going the high risk/high reward route with Boutte ( similar to what they did with Thornton last year) 

9 hours ago, Crimmage said:

PFF is in the process of updating their draft rankings.. right now they have the top 100. Some really interesting adjustments being made. Interested to se what y'all think: 

• Drew Sanders
    • went from a borderline 1st round pick.. to ranked 95. I can't imagine that being possible.. I wonder what they saw that destroyed his ranking 
  • Trenton Simpson
    • down to rank 59, I don't think he's polished.. but in the late 2nd/early 3rd he is intriguing 
  • Tank Dell
  • Boutte
    • at 56 seems about right given his lack of production. I think he will be hard to pass up by the Patriots at 46 if he is there
  • LaPorta
    • at 57 seems too high, surprised Tucker Kraft isn't in the top 100 
  • Darnell Washington
    • at 72 seems very low too.. Patriots are going to fall in love with that guy
  • Darnell Wright
    • had a good Senior Bowl.. then drops to rank 72? That's confusing. 
  • Dawand Jones
    • jumped from 88 to 44 which is closer to where I think he will be. I'm thinking anywhere from 25-45 for him. 
  • Jaelyn Duncan
    • jumped from 150ish to 84 which is much closer to where he should be
  • Cody Mauch
    • had a great senior bowl.. then drops from ~40 to 91.. that also makes no sense .. if he is there in the 3rd I would 100% take the gamble and start him at RT day 1. He's also good Onwenu insurance. 
  • Andre Carter
    • How is he possibly ranked 24!? 

I know PFF is usually off on these things.. and it can still change a lot at the combine.. but if they are anywhere close to right on some of these guys.. I'm trading out of the 1st entirely. Give me as many 2nd's and 3rds and I'm trading all over the place to get guys I want. 

1. Drew Sanders in the 3rd would be a steal 
  2. Dawand Jones in the early second and Darnell Wright in the 2nd would be awesome
  3. Jaelyn Duncan in the 3rd and Cody Mauch in the 3rd would be incredibly underrated. Especially because you have Trent Brown to redshirt Duncan. I think Mauch can play RT in the NFL 
  4. If Darnell Washington makes it to the 3rd I fully expect the Patriots to trade up and get him. They will see Gronk qualities in him
  5. If Josh Downs is at 46, he's almost guaranteed to be the pick.. too good of a fit.. but if he is gone, I could see them going the high risk/high reward route with Boutte ( similar to what they did with Thornton last year) 

I had a good laugh listening to Felger show on radio row last week the PFF guy was on... what a douchebag. Talking about his company saying every team on the planet uses his site and that they create a SPECIAL packages for all the NFL teams.  Made it sound like his company's crap data is the, be all end all for all the teams.

I'd ask one question how many made the right choice last year BASED ON HIS crap??? GMAFB!!

Andre Carter

How is he possibly ranked 24!

I watched bowl videos last week with him doing drills and they were not pretty.  His play reminded me of the player in the movie, Invincible. Mark Walburg plays a Eagle WR.

The open try outs and the white guy show up in his nut hugger shorts and his high white socks. Put me in coach!! Thats Carter !!!!!!!

10 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Tank Dell

Let me get this straight P-OS - FF site is based on stats.  Bucky's rave about this guy last week and now PFF ranks him 37????

How did his stats change over one week of practice??? Than a game, that is completely dumb down???? I thought stat were a accumulation of numbers over time.

I always look at the site before I read anything.  This site is like Heavy.com-s , most of the time it's total BS. Click bait.