2023 NFL Draft

Crimmage

I don’t wanna be the guy that just homers for prospects from my college team….

but man. Check his numbers too. Rugby style punter from Rutgers somehow won the Ray Guy award over this stud..

He wasn’t always consistent, but MSU had a MYRIAD of long snapper issues and protection on special teams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crimmage said:

Imo the biggest determining factor is if a team believes he can play LT. If he is exclusively a RT I doubt he goes much higher than he is already projected. 25-40 feels like his range.  Did he take any snaps at LT during the Senior Bowl? 

When I watched, I would say no at 347lbs. What makes me optimistic, he can really move at his current size just not quite LT movement, close thou.  Now say he get to 335, heck ya. 

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

I think they are going to do their bucket thing and say that they would be happy with any of the following guys: 

• Broderick Jones
  • Dawand Jones
  • Anton Harrison 
  • Darnell Wright
  • Jaelyn Duncan 

That what scares the crap out of me with BB.   RTTP  He's old, lazy and make little effort to make (good) trade!!!! Ex trade to 29 get a 3rd and a 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Not one of those guys is worth the 14th pick. If he takes one he saying I could care less all I want is the record.

You know how i feel  about the guys listed except Harrison. He's a dog. All here about is his measurable, Ya Ya Ya . MOF there are a ton of Bucky's on UT saying basically the same thing, hard pass.     99.9999% at 14 BB takes this loser!!!

Watch this, this is a highlight video, are you frigging kidding me !!!!!

Anton Harrison Left Tackle Highlights - YouTube

I'm getting to the point of just saying take Duncan at 14 but my (in) sane side say we have Brown.  Don't be BB, work the trade lines.

2 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Flowers/JSN/Addison

IMO you have to get a OT with your 1st pick. it has to be one of the three, If not the talent falls off a cliff. I don't care if they trade into the 2nd they better come out with one.  This is my OT board, Duncan,Wright and Jones.  I'm not a Jones fan at OT but I would make the pick with a trade down 25+ becasue he will make one heck of a OG if he fails and still work at LT if needed.

Also  I was drinking heavily when I look at the OTs  in this draft. Whoever I said could play, can't. I'm talking not drafted at all !!!🤢

31 minutes ago, m haynes said:

When I watched, I would say no at 347lbs. What makes me optimistic, he can really move at his current size just not quite LT movement, close thou.  Now say he get to 335, heck ya. 

Trent Brown is probably at least 350, so I don't think 342 would be a problem. Especially if he is drafted and has 30 months before the season starts.. I'm sure they could get him to lose 10 pounds if that's what they wanted. I'm not worried about his weight, it's more just a matter of if they think he could do it. 

That what scares the crap out of me with BB.   RTTP  He's old, lazy and make little effort to make (good) trade!!!! Ex trade to 29 get a 3rd and a 6th!!!!!!!!!!

Last year going from 21 to 29 I believe they got a 3rd and 4th. I'm not worried about them getting a decent deal trading back. I'm confident they could get at least a 3rd and 4th going back from 14 to 20ish. 

Watch this, this is a highlight video, are you frigging kidding me !!!!!

Anton Harrison Left Tackle Highlights - YouTube

I'm getting to the point of just saying take Duncan at 14 but my (in) sane side say we have Brown.  Don't be BB, work the trade lines.

I haven't watched any of his games, only highlights.. but A LOT of people really love him. 

IMO you have to get a OT with your 1st pick. it has to be one of the three, If not the talent falls off a cliff. I don't care if they trade into the 2nd they better come out with one.  This is my OT board, Duncan,Wright and Jones.  I'm not a Jones fan at OT but I would make the pick with a trade down 25+ becasue he will make one heck of a OG if he fails and still work at LT if needed.

I like the following guys: 

• Broderick Jones because he is really athletic and in a couple years could be amazing. My issue is I think he's more raw than people are portraying. I don't think he would be ready to start day 1. I think he goes anywhere from 10-20 at the end of the day
  • Dawand Jones is flying up boards and I think the Patriots will really like him. They will see his weight flaws as manageable because they've done it with Trent Brown. I think he could start day 1 at RT then switch to LT year 2. I worry about his motivation though, is he going to gain weight after he gets paid? You need a good OL coach to stay on top of him. I think he ends up going 25-50. I think 2nd round would be best, less up front money.. more motivation to grind. I have a bad feeling you draft him early then he shows up to camp at 400lbs. Those reports from Ohio State about every year him needing to lose weight is just such a bad sign that nobody is talking about
  • Darnell Wright is a day 1 starter at RT. I think he's the most day 1 ready OT in this draft. I love how aggressive he is. He would be dominant next to Onwenu. If they extend Trent Brown I would be happy to take Wright if he is a RT forever.. otherwise I need my first round OT to be a future LT. I think he goes in the 20-40 range. 
  • Jaelyn Duncan isn't a day 1 starter, needs to put on some more muscle so he doesn't get bull rushed... but he's athletic enough to do well at LT. His projections are all over the place.. I think he could go anywhere from 25-60 when it's all said and done. Any projection of him going day 3 is just stupid
  • Mathew Bergeron is an intriguing guy.. I've only seen him at the Senior Bowl but he held his own pretty well. He seems like a solid 3rd round guy. If you take Darnell Wright or Dawand Jones and really want to only play them at RT, Bergeron is a solid guy to develop at LT. 

• Asim Richards surprised me a the Senior Bowl. He did well in the 1 on 1's. He could be a 3rd or 4th round guy from what I am reading. Another guy who could be good to get a redshirt behind Trent Brown for a year 
  • McClendon Curtis.. he should be available on day 3.. and I think he could be a solid RT. Not Wright but a good solid RT for awhile. 

Edited by Crimmage

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Last year going from 21 to 29 I believe they got a 3rd and 4th. I'm not worried about them getting a decent deal trading back. I'm confident they could get at least a 3rd and 4th going back from 14 to 20ish. 

You right however that was Groh.  I glad Kraft step in concerning the draft however I'm sure BB didn't like giving up control and will try to influence the process,

11 hours ago, Crimmage said:

A LOT of people really love him. 

Starting with " Bucky " Books !!!!  I have heard the same, its starts like this he has all the measurable, he's athletic ... Ya Ya Ya.  The one thing they don't say, for a man that size and athletic he can't play at a high level.

I read and seen just the opposite, I'll make this short, He's a dog.

12 hours ago, Crimmage said:

Trent Brown. I think he could start day 1 at RT then switch to LT year

There is only two thing that compare Jones to Brown. Size and commitment.  Brown is more athletic. Also the only way he see LT if he lost 45 LBS which will never happen. Why he still 375 and all the Bucky,s say he's a 1st RD pick. IMO he's the " Its a job " prospect!!!

I've thought about Jayden Reed more.. and I think I have my comp. It's Deion Branch. 

Jayden Reed

5'10 6/8ths 

191lb

Questionable 40 time but his 20mph during senior bowl practice.. I think he probably ends up in that 4.45 range

- First catch on this highlight is something Patriots love, he slows down in between 4 defenders so he doesn't run into coverage and makes a big play 

- Second catch shows he can make contested catches and seems to have good hands for a guy his size ( his arm length is kind of short but he can still make plays). Ideally you pair him with a taller receiver like Thornton to be making most of those catches anyway. 

- It's interesting because some plays he looks slow, then others like the punt return he looks quick. I feel like most of the time he's throttling down to stay open because he needs to wait for his QB to see him. I didn't see any of their games but i'm assuming just from his highlights and how he's running that his QB is bad and he doesn't trust the QB to find him when he's open. 

- He was the leading receiver when they beat Illinois and Rutgers. two BB guys, who I'm sure will speak highly of him. 

Deion Branch 

5'9

195lb

4.47 40

Everyone assumes he will exclusively play the slot.. but i'm kind of wondering if he is more of a Bourne replacement than a Meyers replacement. Someone who can play inside and out. For comparison, most people have considered Bourne to be one of the Patriots most explosive players.. and he ran a 4.68 40 at the combine. 

He's not a 6th round WR like projections have him. He could even be a top 100 guy, but the moral of my story here is I don't think he has to be stuck in the slot. You can put him at the Z and do just fine. 

For instance, I like the idea of JSN/Flowers/Addison in the first then Reed in the 4th. That gives you 3 guys who can rotate through the slot / outside and be mismatches week to week. 

The other scenario of course being something like Reed in the 3rd/4th then another pure slot like Demario Douglas in the 6th.. but I really like the idea of having guys who can play inside and outside so you can move everyone around the formation depending on the matchup. He's def moving up my WR board the more I watch him. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

QB is bad and he doesn't trust the QB to find him when he's open. 

I looked up his college career.  it looks like he has 4 bad QBs. I have read many things talking about the lack of production, you think!!!  Why is it his fault. Lets say he played at Tenn and was on the other side of Hyatt!!! Scary thought. 

Reed in the 4th.

Th Bucky's started him in the 6th and in one week he's moving up 3 rounds. What have they been doing for last cuole of years. It's thier job. All we needed is for @DaPatsKid98 to point him out to  see how good he is.  it took two minutes and a Video to see the talent just based . Screw the Buckys !!!  IMO he a 3rd RD pick and if a team takes him in the 2nd it wouldn't surprises me.

Here a write up. I laugh at th cons, i call it bs we have to write something or one week in camp fixes minor issues.

" He’s a diabolical route runner at his best, mixing quick releases, lateral twitch, sharp throttle control, hip sink, head fakes, and post-stem acceleration into a potent separation stew. At the catch point, Reed has elite ball-tracking ability and body control. His hands rarely fail him, and his best plays come in the clutch. "

That sounds 2/3 rd  to me.  Most Buckys drafts had him in the 6th while having Lee and Downs  in the 2nd!!!  '

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/jayden-reed-wr-michigan-state-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2023/

t I really like the idea of having guys who can play inside and outside so you can move everyone around the formation depending on the matchup

I agree

I'm looking at WR after the OL pick.  My guys 2/3 Rd

Jalin Hyatt   ----  pipe dream they have Thornton. I can dream though.

Zay Flowers ---- There's a chance with a trade and fall, due to his size. I hope there's a lot of foolish GMs

Xavier Hutchinson

Jayden Reed

JSN  --- gone before we get to our 2nd pick.

I'm only talking 2/3 rd picks. That all I have other don't fit the grade.  There are other I like,  but after the 3rd.

I haven't even looked at Tillman after the 1st video, he's a WR nothing special .  I just had a thought, how good is he while playing with Hyatt. Hyatt factor???   I mentioned earlier imagine Reed with Hyatt.

Look at KC WRs without Hill.  Hard press to name them. I can do it because,  I'm a football junkie!!!

All said and done to walk out of this draft with Reed and Hutchinson, i will be over the  moon !!!!!

Future WRs group for Mac, starts off like this Thornton, Hutchinson and Slot Reed. Not bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, m haynes said:

I looked up his college career.  it looks like he has 4 bad QBs.

I'm actually kind of liking that he had a bad QB, it's taught him to be a much better contested catch guy that you'd expect. His highlights are all contested catches and needing to read the defense to give his QB a long time to find out that he's open. 

18 minutes ago, m haynes said:

IMO he a 3rd RD pick and if a team takes him in the 2nd it wouldn't surprises me.

I would love it if he is available in the 4th. I say that mainly because it's unlikely they spend a first on a WR and will want to address OT/CB first more than likely.. maybe even S. 

Given that they have 3 4ths.. If you can get Reed and Hutchinson with those.. those are two steals at WR. Especially if you've gotten a starting LT/RT & CB before that point. If they trade back and accumulate a couple 3rds I'd be all for taking both of those guys in the 3rd too. 

• Like 1

Senior Bowl First Quarter Thoughts: 

• Some big runs going behind Blake Freeland playing RT.. he struggled all week but had some nice blocks. 
  • Payne Durham seems like a good day 3 TE, had a nice catch.. he's an under the radar guy
  • Jayden Reed should have had a TD, he needs to get used to NFL out of bounds though. Not sure he got both feet in

Second Drive: 

• Eric Gray is explosive, I could see them falling in love with him. Oklahoma RB's tend to be good 
  • Adam Korsak with a hell of a punt.. getting downed at the 1 

HC Greg Schiano on Korsak: “Adam is the best punter that I’ve ever been around in 35 years. That’s a pretty big statement. I’ve been around a lot of them.”

Third Drive: 

• TE Payne Durham with a run.. interesting
  • Jayden Reed with a nice catch out of the slot
  • Haener isn't a very good QB, some bad throws
  • A nice punter from Bryce Baringer , 47 yard within the 10

Fourth Drive: 

• Wright got beat at RT on 2nd down
  • Korsak shanks a punt pretty bad.. ends up being around a 30 yard punt
Edited by Crimmage

22 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Senior Bowl First Quarter Thoughts: 

• Some big runs going behind Blake Freeland playing RT.. he struggled all week but had some nice blocks. 
  • Payne Durham seems like a good day 3 TE, had a nice catch.. he's an under the radar guy
  • Jayden Reed should have had a TD, he needs to get used to NFL out of bounds though. Not sure he got both feet in

Second Drive: 

• Eric Gray is explosive, I could see them falling in love with him. Oklahoma RB's tend to be good 
  • Adam Korsak with a hell of a punt.. getting downed at the 1 

HC Greg Schiano on Korsak: “Adam is the best punter that I’ve ever been around in 35 years. That’s a pretty big statement. I’ve been around a lot of them.”

Third Drive: 

• TE Payne Durham with a run.. interesting
  • Jayden Reed with a nice catch out of the slot
  • Haener isn't a very good QB, some bad throws
  • A nice punter from Bryce Baringer , 47 yard within the 10

Fourth Drive: 

• Wright got beat at RT on 2nd down
  • Korsak shanks a punt pretty bad.. ends up being around a 30 yard punt

Can you find a roster with the players with NUMBERS???? Help.   Where is Duncan?

3 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Can you find a roster with the players with NUMBERS???? Help.   Where is Duncan?

It's really hard to judge OL live, i'm really bad at it at least lol 

Wright got beat pretty bad once, had issues with speed off the edge. He couldn't his hands on the guy. 

Mauch has gotten some push 

Freeland was good at RT 

Haven't seen Duncan .. or at least haven't noticed him

25 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Blake Freeland playing RT.. he struggled all week but had some nice blocks. 

I wrote in my notes. Boy is he ugly but not as bad compared to drills.

28 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

Wright got beat at RT on 2nd down

I missed that.  I stop watching him becasue he was stoning the defensive players

Senior Bowl Second Quarter Thoughts: 

First Drive: 

• Musgrave with a good block 
  • Huge hole up the middle on second down
  • Eric Gray with a shifty run, really like what i see from him. 
  • Kenny McIntosh with a nice run too .. it's crazy how many good RB's are in this draft

Second Drive: 

• Cunningham is quick, is running away from the pocket too quickly though 
  • A nice catch by Payne Durham, he's done really well so far. Not an elite athlete but he seems legit 
  • Cunningham able to get a TD 

Apparently Durham has been great in the Red Zone his entire college career. I'm sure the Pats will like seeing that given how bad their Red Zone offense has been. 

Nevermind, Durham is now in every mock I do LOL 

Third Drive: 

• Latu feels like Hunter Henry.. nothing too exciting but can be a consistent guy
  • Korsak with another meh punt.. stealing our ability to see Reed take a punt
  • I think Duncan was in at LT, but hard to tell .. LT got beat inside

Second quarter was pretty slow overall .. 

Edited by Crimmage

Who is the right tackle for Oklahoma  # 54 .

Boy this is frustrating without a roster with numbers.

These idiots in the booth talk everything but the game. Not once have the put up a OL line up.

Here what I got from the 1st half.

There  are really good RBs in this draft. Oklahoma is a factory!!!

Wright was killing it, missed the whiff though.

WR   Who is Micheal Wilson ? Charles said 3/4 scout said he was the best WR at the SR Bowl. Ya Right!!!  BS

LB  number 45 look good for small school   Name ????

Alabama DL look good  Name????

# 54 on the white team ???

Bama #47 hustle all over the field.

Edited by m haynes

7 minutes ago, m haynes said:

WR   Who is Micheal Wilson ? Charles said 3/4 scout said he was the best WR at the SR Bowl. Ya Right!!!  BS

WR from Stanford, has a really good senior bowl. Good route runner. Always injured in college from what i remember. 

LB  number 45 look good for small school   Name ????

I believe that's Aubrey Miller. Jackson State LB. He's small but explosive. 

Alabama DL look good  Name????

# 54 on the white team ???

Bama #47 hustle all over the field.

That's Byron Young I think