Spielman's take on Trubisky

WindyCity

Chris Spielman on Trubisky

“The past few weeks that I’ve been out to (Bears) practice he’s always there and he’s never leaving. He’s always working. So when the defense is up and the offense is off the field, Mitchell Trubisky’s grabbing wide receivers and tight ends and working on foot work and routes in drills.

He never stops. So he doesn’t like take a knee and watch the defense practice. He’s over there wanting to get better. He has the mentality, he has a presence about him. I think he has the respect of his players and at least from the Monday Night game against the Vikings until last week I think we’ve seen tremendous growth.”

This week would be a great week IMO for a “test week” for Mitch. Throw a lot on his plate and see how he does against elite competition. They should get their asses kicked against Philly anyway and they have nothing to lose. At 3-7 the season is over. Tell him you want him to go out and win the game on offense from jump. Don’t be safe to a fault. Be aggressive. Dictate play. I want to see you outduel Wentz. It’s probably our only shot to win anyways. 

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

This week would be a great week IMO for a “test week” for Mitch. Throw a lot on his plate and see how he does against elite competition. They should get their asses kicked against Philly anyway and they have nothing to lose. At 3-7 the season is over. Tell him you want him to go out and win the game on offense from jump. Don’t be safe to a fault. Be aggressive. Dictate play. I want to see you outduel Wentz. It’s probably our only shot to win anyways. 

John Fox is currently looking at you with a mixture of fear, confusion and anger AZ ?

The guys presence and poise really blow me away.

After years of Cutler melting down and then being surley after wards may have jaded me, but I love the way that this guy works, leads, and never looks rattled.

If we go back to the crap offenses of starts 1-5 we need to fire Fox after the Eagles game and allow Loggains to call the same game we saw against the Lions.

I don't see Fox doing anything like that. I think he prefers to lose very closely. I see a ton of running for negative yards and safe passes while the D gets shredded slowly by Wentz. The only saving grace in this game is the Eagles probably are looking past us and will come out flat. 

I will go on record and say this will be Mitch's first "bad" game of the season with 2+ picks. 

6 hours ago, Nads786 said:

I don't see Fox doing anything like that. I think he prefers to lose very closely. I see a ton of running for negative yards and safe passes while the D gets shredded slowly by Wentz. The only saving grace in this game is the Eagles probably are looking past us and will come out flat. 

I will go on record and say this will be Mitch's first "bad" game of the season with 2+ picks. 

I think it’s going to go the other way. I think it’s going to be his first multi touchdown pass game. That said I think we’re going to lose something like 33-24. Our D is in trouble without Floyd. 

5 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I think it’s going to go the other way. I think it’s going to be his first multi touchdown pass game. That said I think we’re going to lose something like 33-24. Our D is in trouble without Floyd. 

I agree that the Defense will suffer w/o Floyd. But 33 may be to low. This is a team that put up 30 in a half, on the road at Dallas.  45 or 50 may be more realistic.

4 hours ago, RTD said:

I agree that the Defense will suffer w/o Floyd. But 33 may be to low. This is a team that put up 30 in a half, on the road at Dallas.  45 or 50 may be more realistic.

They'll pound the run with Blount (just like NE did in the past) once they have a lead opened up.  Even so, he can run his way to two 4th quarter TDs.  

Philly has three solids runners based on what I saw in the Dallas game.  That team is hot and should make this one look easy.  

On 11/22/2017 at 10:05 AM, Sugashane said:

Pace should want him to make a statement here too. Reich likely is in the HC mix and if he does well here that might be enticing for him to want this job if he sees Trubisky play well up close.

You can't help but like the job that Reich is doing over there in Philly.  He has both the run game and pass game firing on all cylinders.  Talk about balance.

As for DeFilippo, why are so many fans high on him as a HC candidate?  Has any HC in the history of the NFL ever been hired after being a position coach the year before?  I'm not saying DeFilippo won't be a good HC someday but what about makes him so attractive as a HC right now given his limited coordinating experience?  What do we knoe about him?

As an OC, sure I can see him coming to Chicago, just not under Reich since he will likely take that spot in Philly if Reich leaves.  Maybe he would come under a Matt Nagy hire since we've already heard that Nagy will likely hire Pettine to be his DC and considering that Pettine hired DeFillippo as his OC when he was with the Browns.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You can't help but like the job that Reich is doing over there in Philly.  He has both the run game and pass game firing on all cylinders.  Talk about balance.

As for DeFilippo, why are so many fans high on him as a HC candidate?  Has any HC in the history of the NFL ever been hired after being a position coach the year before?  I'm not saying DeFilippo won't be a good HC someday but what about makes him so attractive as a HC right now given his limited coordinating experience?  What do we knoe about him?

As an OC, sure I can see him coming to Chicago, just not under Reich since he will likely take that spot in Philly if Reich leaves.  Maybe he would come under a Matt Nagy hire since we've already heard that Nagy will likely hire Pettine to be his DC and considering that Pettine hired DeFillippo as his OC when he was with the Browns.

Rod Marinelli was an AHC/DL coach when he was hired by Detroit...

I also don't see DeFilippo as an HC candidate...I don however think if Reich does leave he stays in Philly as OC because Wentz gives him the best chance of becoming an NFL HC down the road.

On the topic of head coaching candidates are we overlooking a guy like Dan Campbell who is the assistant head coach to Sean Payton in New Orleans?

Pace knows him back from his playing days and he does have head coaching experience as the interim coach of the Dolphins a couple seasons back after Joe Philbin got fired.

He's from an offensive background being a former tight end and seems like a guy who would command the respect of his players.  Just another name to throw in the hat..

Archived