2022 GB Packer playoff chances

squire12

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'd give them a 6th round pick for Zach Wilson this off season. He's a reclamation project worth investing a 6th round pick in. No way that kid can stay in NY and succeed. Right now, he's not mentally tough enough to deal with NY. 

A year or two backing up either Love or Rodgers in GB might be the medicine this kid needs to get his career back on track. 

After failing for mike lafleur im sure he will be eager to work for matt 

12 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I'd give them a 6th round pick for Zach Wilson this off season. He's a reclamation project worth investing a 6th round pick in. No way that kid can stay in NY and succeed. Right now, he's not mentally tough enough to deal with NY. 

A year or two backing up either Love or Rodgers in GB might be the medicine this kid needs to get his career back on track. 

Like the idea.  Sam Darnold was one I'd hope we would go after.  Before that Josh Rosen.  He flamed out badly.  These bad teams take QB's and ruin them.  Wilson for a 6th I'm down with that.  With us picking so late year after year taking a chance on a talented QB that flamed out on a bad team is something to consider for sure. Low risk potentially high return.  

4 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

Don't think Wilson would care all that much.  However Mike might not put in the best word for him to Matt.  Nobody talks about Etling.  Granted we didn't see much of him but the kid has some tools to work with.  

12 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

The kid failed because he thought he was the second coming. HIs teammates can't stand him based on the outpouring of affection towards White when he got the nod. 

His problem is he was nowhere near ready to play in the NFL last year and he got worse as a result of it. When he outwardly talks about a lack of confidence, that is an issue. He needs a change of scenery and GB might be exactly what a kid from BYU might need. Watch, learn, work on your fundamentals. Nobody questions the arm talent and he's not stupid. There is a lot to work with their, but the kid doesn't need to be in a situation where he has to play next year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The kid failed because he thought he was the second coming. HIs teammates can't stand him based on the outpouring of affection towards White when he got the nod. 

His problem is he was nowhere near ready to play in the NFL last year and he got worse as a result of it. When he outwardly talks about a lack of confidence, that is an issue. He needs a change of scenery and GB might be exactly what a kid from BYU might need. Watch, learn, work on your fundamentals. Nobody questions the arm talent and he's not stupid. There is a lot to work with their, but the kid doesn't need to be in a situation where he has to play next year. 

A man who thinks he is the second coming but lacks confidence. A failure because of his attitude yet also lacks fundamentals. Interesting take.

I do agree there is a lot to work with and he was just given too much too fast. 

57 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

A man who thinks he is the second coming but lacks confidence. A failure because of his attitude yet also lacks fundamentals. Interesting take.

I do agree there is a lot to work with and he was just given too much too fast. 

You ever hear of losing your confidence in athletics? It happens all the time. Also, have you never heard of a quarterback/player getting bad habits? That is usually due to poor fundamentals. It happened to Rodgers at the end of the McCarthy regime. 

Your post comes off as someone who has never played a sport and has no idea about the mental side of the game, or how easy it is to get into bad habits. 

Also, you should learn about present and past tense when reading. For instance, "he thought he was the second coming!" That is clearly past tense, otherwise, I would have used the word, "thinks," as in present. 

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You ever hear of losing your confidence in athletics? It happens all the time. Also, have you never heard of a quarterback/player getting bad habits? That is usually due to poor fundamentals. It happened to Rodgers at the end of the McCarthy regime. 

Your post comes off as someone who has never played a sport and has no idea about the mental side of the game, or how easy it is to get into bad habits. 

Also, you should learn about present and past tense when reading. For instance, "he thought he was the second coming!" That is clearly past tense, otherwise, I would have used the word, "thinks," as in present. 

In order to blame "the yips" you have to have set a standard that you're a good player. Zach Wilson has never been good, therefore, he's just a bad QB. 

Wilson is just immature, he's not mentally strong. He grew up with money, didn't have much in the way of adversity to deal with. Don't think he'll ever be respected by a locker room. Love is a far better prospect. If I was a team like Indy or Tampa, maybe Id toss something out there to see if it sticks. We're good.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

In order to blame "the yips" you have to have set a standard that you're a good player. Zach Wilson has never been good, therefore, he's just a bad QB. 

Wilson is just immature, he's not mentally strong. He grew up with money, didn't have much in the way of adversity to deal with. Don't think he'll ever be respected by a locker room. Love is a far better prospect. If I was a team like Indy or Tampa, maybe Id toss something out there to see if it sticks. We're good.

He was the second pick in the draft. Are you ******* kidding me with this drivel. He was cocky, "confident" as hell coming out of BYU. The NY fans and media ate this kid's lunch. He's got no shot there any longer. 

If you don't know I've been an advocate for Love, you aren't paying attention. I'm just saying, it's unlikely we have both Rodgers and Love around next year, although it could happen. I'd take a flyer on this kid. Low risk, potentially high reward. 

21 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He was the second pick in the draft. Are you ******* kidding me with this drivel. He was cocky, "confident" as hell coming out of BYU. The NY fans and media ate this kid's lunch. He's got no shot there any longer. 

If you don't know I've been an advocate for Love, you aren't paying attention. I'm just saying, it's unlikely we have both Rodgers and Love around next year, although it could happen. I'd take a flyer on this kid. Low risk, potentially high reward. 

Zach's damaged goods. Pass.

27 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What does his draft position have to do with it anymore? It's been two years. He hasn't looked like a component NFL QB in a single game. Geno Smith is probably the first reclamation project I can ever remember working at the QB position, and "working" is a relative term there. It doesn't happen. They ate his lunch because he's a soft kid, nothing wrong with that, but NFL QB isn't the position for that kind of personality.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

What does his draft position have to do with it anymore? It's been two years. He hasn't looked like a component NFL QB in a single game. Geno Smith is probably the first reclamation project I can ever remember working at the QB position, and "working" is a relative term there. It doesn't happen. They ate his lunch because he's a soft kid, nothing wrong with that, but NFL QB isn't the position for that kind of personality.

Steve Young? Jim Plunkett? Heck Jared Goff is playing really good football right now too. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened. 

It doesn't happen often but that kid has a skill set which will allow him another chance. You may be right in that he's soft, but for a 6th round pick I'd take a flyer on him. Assuming either Love or Rodgers are moved this off season which may not happen, unfortunately. 

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I'd rather pass on that guy.  We'd be better off going with who we have and drafting another QB this spring on day 2.

12 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Yah wonder if that was the problem with Rosen as well.  Kid is really young and needs to mature and develop.  As far as reclamation projects no one mentioned Tannehill.  He turned it around.  But yah being a QB requires being able to command respect and lead the offense.  A spoiled rich kid won't command much respect in the locker room.  But whatever for a 6th I'd take a flyer and see if he can turn it around.  I would have rather tried it with a guy like Darnold.  Never got a fair shake either.