2022 GDT 5-7 Steelers host the 8-4 Ravens

Steeler Hitman

18 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

As a one off I wouldn't be worried about it, but when I think of the total picture of what this wide receiver room has been they feel like they are on a lawless island of mischief. A rookie with a shaky history who can't get open is visually frustrated about not getting the ball and Diontae couldn't buy a ticket into the doghouse like it's a Taylor Swift concert and Mike Tomlin is ticketmaster. 

A connection to Mike Tomlin's "I'd rather say whoa than sic' em" is "it's easier to loosen up than it is to tighten up". Things like this are fine until they aren't, then it's hard to put the genie back in the bottle. 

I agree that Pickens and Pickett should be setting up that relationship of trust moving forward, but your receiver screaming "throw me the f*** ball" coming off the sideline isn't a great bridge to wanting to work with someone. 

They're young. It's definitely not the best case scenario, but I think it could be far worse. If this was happening and we were losing would be an example. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

They're young. It's definitely not the best case scenario, but I think it could be far worse. If this was happening and we were losing would be an example. 

We need a quality vet TBH.    Best bet this offseason is someone like Jarvis Landry.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Don’t forget this is coming a week after Pickens had a bonehead late hit penalty on an onside kick and failed to show any accountability for it afterwards. 

It’s starting to become a trend with Pickens. I’m not overly concerned or anything but I definitely think we should add a reliable vet and/or a new WR coach.

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

I think Pickens wanted to have a good showing in front of friends and family in Atlanta and got frustrated.  We must hope he grows out of it.

When I rewatched the game, the Falcons were, almost always, rotating a safety over Pickens.

It makes sense that coverage is rolling toward Pickens now. He's been a lot better than Diontae. DJ was getting the #1 WR treatment, but it looks like it's Pickens now. He'll have to hone his craft to stay one step ahead. Someone mentioned his route running. That's the next step for him. He's got to be able to create a little separation. He may never be a Diontae level of route runner, but he needs to be sharper. If he can become a good route runner to go along with his hands, catch radius, body control, and athleticism he'll be unstoppable. I'm fully on board with bringing in a vet like Jarvis Landry. Dude is crafty and a great route runner. If he's a mentoring kind of guy, he could do wonders with Pickens. Probably Diontae too. 

My confidence in this game relies solely on the health of TJ Watt. If he’s 100% and can be his normal self I think we have a very good shot. We will not have much success on the ground and probably not through the air for that matter. But neither will they. The game will come down to time of possession and turnovers and with our defense fully healthy and playing at home I like our chances of making some timely plays.

Steelers win 17-9 is my prediction. One of our TDs will be by the defense. 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:51 AM, Dcash4 said:

The idea that this is all being overblown by the media is valid

problem is we had a history in the tomlin era of some WR's being a bit more than that lets say. Will this get tot hat point? Lets hope not, and get Pickens more involved. Easily the most talented WR we have

57 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

problem is we had a history in the tomlin era of some WR's being a bit more than that lets say.

Players were drafted based on talent as they should be. However, you also have some things that must be dealt with out of the super star type of player.  Big Ben, AB, and Bell were tremendous talents and all had some diva in them.  AB got mad when he felt that the team favored the franchise QB.  No doubt they did.  Most teams will favor the franchise QB over the franchise WR.  Bell took things as far as he could, then failed to listen to his agent or his mother who both publicly said that they told him to sign the Steelers final offer.  Bell wanted to make historic changes.  AB imploded and is unfortunately still imploding. Hurt personally because he was my favorite Steeler. 

Will this get tot hat point? Lets hope not, and get Pickens more involved. Easily the most talented WR we have.

You have a kid playing in his college stadium with a bunch of friends and family in attendance.  He wanted to do his thing. No different than the Heyward brothers who wanted to make a strong showing in their father's memory.  Football is an emotional game.  I would rather have a player who gives a darn than one who doesn't.  He is also a rookie.  If he is acting this way year five, then Houston we may have a problem. But I don't think this is anything more than that.  I would love for someone in the Steelers organization to go more Bellicheck on the media.  I was happy to see Coach t's, "I'm #$@%^^ working," comment!  He took it out on a fan, but I would have rather seen that with the media (not to the point of cursing them out, but shutting them down with the drama).