1. 1. Who

2. 2. Best Christmas movie

• Die Hard
    • National Lampoons
    • Home Alone
    • Charlie Brown
    • White Christmas
    • Other
  3. 3. Is it OK to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving?

40 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Status quo for the last.... well a lot of years.

We couldn't invest and rebuild the D and get a #1 WR and trade the farm for and pay as superstar QB so we had to choose which route we wanted to go. We went QB route and this and next year's roster will likely be the best roster we have over the next 5 years. Realistically the window starts closing after next season unless we hit on the 2nd round and later picks.

After next season we probably get rid of one of Chubb/Cooper/BitonioTeller for financial reasons and we'll need to find Tackles, Safties and LBs on the cheap to play respectable which won't be easy.

Feel free to disagree with me, but Cincinnati is the most well built team in the NFL. Not “complete” but well built. They are QB + WR heavy team and that is what we are trying to become (sorry Chubb supporters, it’s reality).

Is Watson the guy? Well, we will have to wait and find out. I really like only 2 of our WRs in Cooper and DPJ. We need that 3rd guy.

The defense just needs a schematic and coaching overhaul. They need a culture of toughness infusion.

• Like 1

Whether or not Watson is the guy, we tied himself to this creep for the next several years with guaranteed money, so how good he is doesn’t really matter as far as whether or not, we can get away from him. 
as for whether he can be good or not, he obviously can, if he’s put in the right situation, but that shouldn’t come at the detriment of our best player either. Step one, get some better blocking and scrap all the unbalanced shotgun stuff, and put in some real work this off-season. One more good wide receiver, and he has plenty good enough weapons in my mind. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

To be clear, I like Stefanski, and I think he probably sold Watson on how he was going to be used when the bidding war happened this off-season, so there’s some of that. I could give to hoots for Watson’s feelings though, they need to figure this out over the offseason and play to their strength, which, if the offensive line gets it figured out, is still a powerful running game. Nick Chubb is too good to allow him to be JAG, which I feel like we will make him if we go super shotgun heavy. Don’t ruin something good. We also have a really athletic tight end, which is a huge asset when you have a downhill running game like we should have. Scrap all the shotgun crap.

If Watson is most comfortable in shotgun, run that on 3rd down but other than that we need to have him under center.  Let Chubb get going and work the boot/play action game going and it will lead to a lot of easy throws for Watson.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If Watson is most comfortable in shotgun, run that on 3rd down but other than that we need to have him under center.  Let Chubb get going and work the boot/play action game going and it will lead to a lot of easy throws for Watson.

And cut Hunt imo. He gives us nothing at this point. Now that the season is completely done, give all of his reps to the other two backups.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Delpit is living his best life as a starter, as is whoever #51 is playing linebacker as well as whoever the DT from Missouri is we have starting next to a guy who could t play for Jacksonville 

How is the defense playing as everyone nows I am not watching football except 2 games

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Is Watson the guy? Well, we will have to wait and find out. I really like only 2 of our WRs in Cooper and DPJ. We need that 3rd guy.

Watson is the guy. We will fire every coach and every member of the front office before we do anything with him.

As far as wide receivers, we were fine with Landry/Higgins/DPJ during our playoff run so we are better off now and I don't think that is the issue. I don't know what the issue is and maybe time will tell that there isn't an issue but we have a legit #1 and #2 you can't ask for much more than that. I'm not sure I would have paid Njoku what we paid him but it shows we are very happy with him. Obviously we are good at RB. Our interior OLine is very good and everyone has been saying our entire OLine is elite for the last few years even though we obviously have weaknesses especially at LT but we made the change at QB because we considered those positions to to be good and the blame went primarily on the QB and at times it was deserving. However, we still have the same issues it seems so far which might indicate we should have concentrated resources there and just went with a competent QB while we tried to groom a future QB. We will see though, maybe we start putting up 35 points per game and win that way. It seems like that's what we expected so maybe it will come to fruition.

• Like 1

I love Nick Chubb and everything he represents, but here’s a cold reality. Out of all of these playoff teams, how many of them have a RB as there best player?

Buffalo

Kansas City

Tennessee

Baltimore

Cincinnati

Miami

New York

I’m not suggesting we throw Chubb away to the scrap heap, but there needs to be a transition. We paid Watson 250 million.

• Like 1