1. 1. Who

2. 2. Best Christmas movie

• Die Hard
    • National Lampoons
    • Home Alone
    • Charlie Brown
    • White Christmas
    • Other
  3. 3. Is it OK to decorate for Christmas before Thanksgiving?

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s not how things work here.

People become tribal over their QB of choice and become hot take machines. Baker bros will demand he be flawless because we moved on from their boy for him.  

Well JB really replaced Baker and seemed to do a fine job. Watson (and the team) has to follow up on and improve over what JB brought, not Baker.

You don't spend a lot of cap and draft picks for slight improvement (we aren't there yet) it needs to be significant and by the time the season ends so the F.O. isn't on the hot seat. Next year is the big year though. Gotta figure it all out by then and be a top 3 AFC team to show we know what we're doing. Otherwise, it gets ugly.

1 minute ago, JDD said:

I mean don’t the people who did the exact opposite for 3 years deserve to feel the pain after a loss a little?

Just because they didn’t like Baker doesn’t mean they enjoyed watching the offense stink or us lose games. No one here is watching games just to say I told you so to fellow fans.

If people want to be critical and say Watson played like ***, I have no issues.  He did.  

But to pretend like he’s supposed to be clicking on all cylinders after missing 2 years just because folks don’t like him because he’s a rapist or because we moved on from Baker doesn’t make the criticism valid or the people saying it come across as particularly clever.

1 minute ago, JDD said:

In reality Watson should be trying to improve on JB play. That’s what we want and need right now.  Also KS needs to know Chubb needs 20+ touches a game. The stretch play worked and then we went away from it. 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well JB really replaced Baker and seemed to do a fine job. Watson (and the team) has to follow up on and improve over what JB brought, not Baker.

JB played fine but has limitations that Watson doesn’t have.  Maybe we win an extra game or two this season with Brissett over Watson, but that’s penny wise and pound foolish long term.  Only one of these guys has the ability to be a top 10 QB.  

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You don't spend a lot of cap and draft picks for slight improvement (we aren't there yet) it needs to be significant and by the time the season ends so the F.O. isn't on the hot seat. Next year is the big year though. Gotta figure it all out by then and be a top 3 AFC team to show we know what we're doing. Otherwise, it gets ugly.

Agreed, and wins and losses this season don’t mean much.  Had we been 7-4 or something when Watson returned it would be a different conversation, but this is an extended preseason for next season. 

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’ve said for two weeks now that the offense we are running is a huge detriment, it minimizes our skills at running back with Chubb. Stefanski needs to figure it out before next season. 

Yeah, need Watson playing under center more. Handing the ball off to Chubb out of shotgun just doesn't work well often enough.

Hopefully Stefanski figures it out this season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just because they didn’t like Baker doesn’t mean they enjoyed watching the offense stink or us lose games. No one here is watching games just to say I told you so to fellow fans.

If people want to be critical and say Watson played like ***, I have no issues.  He did.  

But to pretend like he’s supposed to be clicking on all cylinders after missing 2 years just because folks don’t like him because he’s a rapist or because we moved on from Baker doesn’t make the criticism valid or the people saying it come across as particularly clever.

Agreed.

Sometimes it feels like that's the case though lol

• Like 2

To be clear, I like Stefanski, and I think he probably sold Watson on how he was going to be used when the bidding war happened this off-season, so there’s some of that. I could give to hoots for Watson’s feelings though, they need to figure this out over the offseason and play to their strength, which, if the offensive line gets it figured out, is still a powerful running game. Nick Chubb is too good to allow him to be JAG, which I feel like we will make him if we go super shotgun heavy. Don’t ruin something good. We also have a really athletic tight end, which is a huge asset when you have a downhill running game like we should have. Scrap all the shotgun crap.