Week 14: Jaguars @ Titans :: The Crossroads

VY-FTW

Just now, titans0021 said:

Robinson’s firing was certainly aided by the AJ trade, but it really all does come back to the OL in the end. You can’t aim for the identity we aim for and be as bad at OL evaluation as Robinson was.

True but also the staff's stubbornness to even try anyone else is stupid. 

Example: Texans not happy with their QB production makes a change then also changes back. 

Even if you go back to Daley, it's a problem that they feel it's ok to not even try someone else. 

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this offseason is going to determine whether vrabel succeeds long-term here. if he stops being a goddamn dinosaur and actually decides having a functional offense matters, we'll be in good shape. if he stays as stubborn as he has been, he's not going to make it through the rebuilding period.

He can easily switch gears in the off-season and prioritize some offensive weapons and offensive diversity. 
Will he?

Robinson failed at some of the picks, but I still believe he was trying to draft in a way to fit a style Vrabel wants.  

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

He can easily switch gears in the off-season and prioritize some offensive weapons and offensive diversity. 
Will he?

Robinson failed at some of the picks, but I still believe he was trying to draft in a way to fit a style Vrabel wants.  

we need to stack talent obviously but we also desperately need a competent playcaller. talent doesn't explain why we move the ball in the first half and implode on ourselves in the second half every single game this year.

Just now, KingTitan said:

We will be overtaken by the Jags soon.

They have a competent coach now and he is going to coach up Lawrence enough to be at least a franchise QB. Not a generational talent maybe, but true franchise QB.

We will be doing what? 

RUNNING DA BALL AND STOPPING DA RUN. which, i might add, we did both of today. look how well that worked out!

caveman football.

• Like 1

Lastly, not looking at the Jags as an example of excellence because they are far from it, but they went out in the off-season and added weapons offensively. Even if they added a bunch of "B-C" players, they added guys that can be used or produce if coached properly.

We won't do the same. 

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

RUNNING DA BALL AND STOPPING DA RUN. which, i might add, we did both of today. look how well that worked out!

caveman football.

Right. You tell me Henry has 121 yards rushing, Tanny has 254 yards, I'd say we won convincingly.

Stats lie. 

I know Vrabel gets a ton of love, but I just don't see him as a SB coach. He is too rigid in his philosophy and clearly is not able to make needed changes. I know I will get roasted for criticizing him...he is a good coach, but just never going to win a SB. 

Not moving off of Downing or Daley is all I need to see. Maybe no one is killing it in practice but it sends a bad message when you just keep trotting him out there and he keeps getting abused. Part of it has to be purely that he doesn't want to make a change after all of this struggle and have someone come in and play better...more stubbornness!!!

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

caveman football.

Vrabel was smart to milk Henry for the generational talent that he is. It is a big reason to get him to how recognized he is today.

If he doesn't know he needs to transition his teams mindset to a more modern offensive football in 2022, it will be his demise. And rightfully so.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt as he is he seems like a guy who is in touch with the current pulse of his team. These last three weeks are more telling than ever, that it's time to transition.

If Vrabel hates losing as much as I think he will change. Because if he doesn't. He had better get used to it. 

The ship has sailed with that mindset.

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Right. You tell me Henry has 121 yards rushing, Tanny has 254 yards, I'd say we won convincingly.

Stats lie. 

it's a fundamentally dated way of looking at football. you know who leads the nfl in rushing yards per game? the chicago bears and atlanta falcons. of the top 5 offenses in football, only the eagles are a top 5 rushing team, and the eagles have vaulted into the top 5 because their passing game has exploded alongside the strong rushing game they've carried over from last year. the other top teams? chiefs, bills, bengals, dolphins. all are middling to bad at running the ball and IT DOESN'T MATTER because they have good QB play and weapons in the passing game. 

i'm not saying we shouldn't be running the football. we should, especially with henry around! but we focus on it to the *detriment* of passing the ball, which is completely insane because explosive passing is literally *how you score* in the modern nfl. end of story.

49 minutes ago, Titansfan said:

I wouldn’t. I’ve seen enough. He’s awful. 

He may not be the greatest now. But in spending a third on him. I want to see more than 3 games before I write him off. He can only learn with reps. Today the game was over. Would have been nice to get more of a read on him and for him to learn.

He hasn't looked great I get it. I just gotta see more. Before I totally write him off. We knew he was a big project.

Edited by twotonebluenation