Week 14: Jaguars @ Titans :: The Crossroads

VY-FTW

10 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Got a nice chip and failed to touch the mofo.

He is horrible.  Don't know how Vrabel continues to trot him out there. 
Can argue he makes a game killing play every game. 

I saw an article recently where a Titans reporter explicitly asked Keith Carter why they haven't tried Radunz at LT with how badly Daley keeps struggling.  His response was that they see Radunz as a guard, full stop.

So that explains (albeit badly) that answer.  So now we shift to the question of OK, why don't you at least try LeRaven Clark for a game then?

It's indefensibly stupid at this point.  Really makes me think that Downing isn't the only coach that needs to get canned.  Carter needs to go too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Just wanted to point out how Daley still got beat and had Tanny hit. 

There were definitely three or four more plays from him yesterday that, at best, end in a sack if Tannehill holds on to the ball even a beat longer. It’d even be one thing if it was the right side, where Tannehill could at least have a chance to see the rush, but he’s constantly getting crushed from his blindside, where he knows they’re even sliding protection to buy him time.

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I saw an article recently where a Titans reporter explicitly asked Keith Carter why they haven't tried Radunz at LT with how badly Daley keeps struggling.  His response was that they see Radunz as a guard, full stop.

So that explains (albeit badly) that answer.  So now we shift to the question of OK, why don't you at least try LeRaven Clark for a game then?

It's indefensibly stupid at this point.  Really makes me think that Downing isn't the only coach that needs to get canned.  Carter needs to go too.

Radunz, fine.  Even though I think this calls for experimentation. Niners game showed he could at least be a body for a game. The fact that they won't even try anyone else is a problem to me.  
Vrabel talks about earning everything and being accountable.  What message does it send that you can be the absolute WORST IN THE LEAGUE at what you do and still go out there uncontested. 

They have one OT on the practice squad. That's unacceptable. But you got guys that you wouldn't even call up to play WR when we are hurting at that spot. Let Dez go. Let Kinsey go. Let the Kicker go. 

F MAN!  lol It's like why? Why can't they see this?

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

There were definitely three or four more plays from him yesterday that, at best, end in a sack if Tannehill holds on to the ball even a beat longer. It’d even be one thing if it was the right side, where Tannehill could at least have a chance to see the rush, but he’s constantly getting crushed from his blindside, where he knows they’re even sliding protection to buy him time.

And it sucks. I know you been a Tanny advocate, rightly so. He is actually having a good season despite all the issues. 
I think we should trade him this off-season. He has value and we aren't going to be able to surround him right. He will just keep us in the middle. 
You only have A QB contract when you can win.  If Vrabel wants to play this style, refuse to change the OC and let players like Daley keep playing unchecked. 
It won't be long before we are back in the cellar. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Radunz, fine.  Even though I think this calls for experimentation. Niners game showed he could at least be a body for a game. The fact that they won't even try anyone else is a problem to me.  
Vrabel talks about earning everything and being accountable.  What message does it send that you can be the absolute WORST IN THE LEAGUE at what you do and still go out there uncontested. 

They have one OT on the practice squad. That's unacceptable. But you got guys that you wouldn't even call up to play WR when we are hurting at that spot. Let Dez go. Let Kinsey go. Let the Kicker go. 

F MAN!  lol It's like why? Why can't they see this?

Agreed.  It's like, I know there's no secret all-pro left tackle on the roster, and I know that, at best, we put someone out there who's marginally better.  But marginally better is still better.  And it really is to the point that experimenting won't blow the whole thing up, because it's already ****ed.

It really can't get much worse, when they're already committing multiple players to LT.  Just put someone else in.

And like I said, and I think most agree, I don't care if Radunz is a tackle.  Unless we're punting on the entire season, then any marginal improvement is still absolutely, critically, necessary, and their unwillingness to do anything but shrug and say well I guess we just suck at the second most important position on the entire offense, might as well not try anything" is beyond infuriating.

Seriously, what is the ******* downside to trying anyone else at LT?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Agreed.  It's like, I know there's no secret all-pro left tackle on the roster, and I know that, at best, we put someone out there who's marginally better.  But marginally better is still better.  And it really is to the point that experimenting won't blow the whole thing up, because it's already ****ed.

It really can't get much worse, when they're already committing multiple players to LT.  Just put someone else in.

And like I said, and I think most agree, I don't care if Radunz is a tackle.  Unless we're punting on the entire season, then any marginal improvement is still absolutely, critically, necessary, and their unwillingness to do anything but shrug and say well I guess we just suck at the second most important position on the entire offense, might as well not try anything" is beyond infuriating.

Seriously, what is the ******* downside to trying anyone else at LT?

I say this in all seriousness. I think Swaim would do a better job at LT. 

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

ZERO Feel for the game. 

2nd quarter we are still in the game and 3 attempts. Maybe those runs were terrible like normal. I can't even remember. but either way. Downing has no feel for the game. 

Nothing we do makes sense. Nothing we do has strategy to it. 

I don’t understand how he hasn’t been replaced.. use these last few games for an audition for Kelly. Offense literally can’t get any worse lol

55 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

And it sucks. I know you been a Tanny advocate, rightly so. He is actually having a good season despite all the issues. 
I think we should trade him this off-season. He has value and we aren't going to be able to surround him right. He will just keep us in the middle. 
You only have A QB contract when you can win.  If Vrabel wants to play this style, refuse to change the OC and let players like Daley keep playing unchecked. 
It won't be long before we are back in the cellar. 

I’ve mostly come around to the idea of trading Tannehill and doing something resembling a full reset. I love Ryan and think he’s a good QB, but don’t think we have the finances or ability to build a real contender around him in the next two years while paying him big money, in which case it’s probably in everybody’s best interest to let him spend the last of his prime with a better supporting cast. Send him to New York or Washington or even Detroit (though at this point, they might not be willing to move from Goff).

Use that money to invest entirely in the OL, grab another WR either via trade or in the first, and ride with Willis for a year and see if you have something. If not, you at least give whoever is QB in 2024 a far better chance than you gave Tannehill this year.

But I still don’t find this likely, because I’m just not sure Vrabel will be able to accept potentially sacrificing a year with a downgrade at QB.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I literally changed the channel for few minutes after this. Got the alert they scored. 

You couldn't chip any better. It widen Walker out so far. All you have to do is pinch the mofo from there and Tanny likely hits Chg on the late crosser for a 1st. 

I just don’t even know what he was doing on this play. Daydreaming? He’s not even watching Chig/his man until his panic effort at the very end.