Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Pete Dougherty bringing the heat-

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2023/02/14/why-green-bay-packers-must-move-on-from-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-to-jordan-love/69900674007/

"What’s also become obvious now is the Packers ceded too much power to Rodgers the past couple of years, and their culture is at risk. While a star quarterback and coach have to form some kind of partnership, there still needs to be a line separating who’s in charge. With the lengths the Packers have gone to convince Rodgers to stay – giving him a voice in personnel, and the huge contract extension last March that has not aged well – you can bet a lot of Packers players feel like Rodgers is running the show. That undercuts LaFleur’s authority and makes for an unhealthy locker-room dynamic."

4 minutes ago, DamSamn said:

Pete Dougherty bringing the heat-

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/dougherty/2023/02/14/why-green-bay-packers-must-move-on-from-quarterback-aaron-rodgers-to-jordan-love/69900674007/

"What’s also become obvious now is the Packers ceded too much power to Rodgers the past couple of years, and their culture is at risk. While a star quarterback and coach have to form some kind of partnership, there still needs to be a line separating who’s in charge. With the lengths the Packers have gone to convince Rodgers to stay – giving him a voice in personnel, and the huge contract extension last March that has not aged well – you can bet a lot of Packers players feel like Rodgers is running the show. That undercuts LaFleur’s authority and makes for an unhealthy locker-room dynamic."

Totally agreed!  The Packers need to find out they have in LaFleur without Aaron Rodgers.  How things go with Jordan Love at the helm will tell us a lot.  Based on the one start Love received it seemed the coach was not able to get him in a position to win games.  Love has reportedly blossomed a bit, so not excuses this time around.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's crazy to not think that's what he would get. You start in the NFL on a non rookie deal, you make 30m. 

I would expect him to get a tyrod taylor type deal in cleveland - re-worked for the times.  He's not a free agent yet though so I'm not sure why he would be offered a contract this is a huge crossroads

30 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

It's crazy to not think that's what he would get. You start in the NFL on a non rookie deal, you make 30m. 

Just this time a year ago nobody was confident he'd ever be a quality QB. Fast forward a year, all we got to see was one quarter of play against Philly, some hearsay from Aaron Jones, and now we're talking 30 million a year? I don't see it. Could see him getting a two year deal worth 40 million total rather than exercising the 5th year option. 

In his interview today when he said after "18 years in GB It will always be home" and the look on his face made me think he already knows or has been told GB is going younger and he needs to decide if he wants to play elsewhere now. But as with everything involving this situation it seems to change frequently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Plus the new TV deal money is going to shoot the cap up so those QB contracts are just going to get more lucrative. $30M now might be an absolute bargain once 2025 rolls around.

Edited by Striker

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I would expect him to get a tyrod taylor type deal in cleveland - re-worked for the times.  He's not a free agent yet though so I'm not sure why he would be offered a contract this is a huge crossroads

He wouldn't even consider being extended until he's named a starter. Once he is the starter, you aren't getting him for less than 30m per, Tannehill is on the cheapest 2nd deal in the league at 29.5, and that was signed years ago. Otherwise he'll ride out the 5th year option for 20m, bet on himself and get an extension in 2024. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

In his interview today when he said after "18 years in GB It will always be home" and the look on his face made me think he already knows or has been told GB is going younger and he needs to decide if he wants to play elsewhere now. But as with everything involving this situation it seems to change frequently. 

He hasn't even entered his chamber of darkness yet? I was hoping this was the week we would have a direction for the off season.