Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

18 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Are you accusing King of libel?

Are you his white knight? Why are you trying to break into legal terms? We can’t prove libel in any of these cases or 90% of the media would be out of business. They’re the only ones with a license to lie. Accountability is kind of important.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Are you his white knight? Why are you trying to break into legal terms? We can’t prove libel in any of these cases or 90% of the media would be out of business. They’re the only ones with a license to lie. Accountability is kind of important.

No, I just thinks it's either super naive or dumb to not believe that there exists a person in an NFL front office who would opine that Rodgers might not be worth it. 

Like, that's a super mild take. Why would that be unbelievable in any way?

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, I just thinks it's either super naive or dumb to not believe that there exists a person in an NFL front office who would opine that Rodgers might not be worth it. 

Like, that's a super mild take. Why would that be unbelievable in any way?

He reported Rodgers was entering his darkness retreat yesterday. It’s not the part about GMs souring on him. It’s being flat out wrong to begin with on facts.

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

If someone is doing a 4 day darkness event, how do they know when 4 days have passed? 

If no, then who informs them 4 days have passed?  

I dont think it's as isolated as it sounds.  You can tailor it to your liking.  Go outside when you want or stay in there the whole time.  I think it's more of a relax and clear your mind with no outside influences thing than what's it's being portrayed as.  I'm not sure you need the dark, but whatever floats your boat.

34 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

He reported Rodgers was entering his darkness retreat yesterday. It’s not the part about GMs souring on him. It’s being flat out wrong to begin with on facts.

So when did/does Rodgers start his 4 day darkness retreat?

These facts are vitally important 

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

So when did/does Rodgers start his 4 day darkness retreat?

These facts are vitally important 

He narrowed it down to Friday or Saturday it begins. Sounded like a full answer between late next week and March 1st.

For those interested

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

One can listen to news and correspond with audio presumably while being without light.

The when point is sensory deprivation, there won't be audio, or anything to stimulate the senses.

It's a resort, they had a guy on sports radio here in Milwaukee that runs one. No different than checking into a hotel when it comes to the fact that someone is there to cater to your needs if you need. When 4 days are up, someone will come get him. Not like he's digging a hole in the desert and burying himself.

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The when point is sensory deprivation, there won't be audio, or anything to stimulate the senses.

It's a resort, they had a guy on sports radio here in Milwaukee that runs one. No different than checking into a hotel when it comes to the fact that someone is there to cater to your needs if you need. When 4 days are up, someone will come get him. Not like he's digging a hole in the desert and burying himself.

I wonder when he is there by himself if he will hear skip bayless in his head talking junk day in and day out.

• Like 1

Regardless of when he goes in and comes out, we will likely know his future by the moves the team makes over the next week when 3 of his mates (Crosby, Cobb, Lewis) have their contracts void.

If some or all these 3 are re-signed then it should give a clear indication on whether he is coming back or not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

Regardless of when he goes in and comes out, we will likely know his future by the moves the team makes over the next week when 3 of his mates (Crosby, Cobb, Lewis) have their contracts void.

If some or all these 3 are re-signed then it should give a clear indication on whether he is coming back or not.

This is true but I don't believe that has to be done until the start of the new league year, which is March 9th, I think. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

This is true but I don't believe that has to be done until the start of the new league year, which is March 9th, I think. 

Those 3 contracts void on the 20th February and once that happens we carry 3.446m of dead cap space into 2023 for them. If they get bought back after that date the dead cap still exists + their new contracts

Edited by OzPackfan

Just now, OzPackfan said:

Those 3 contracts void on the 20th February and once that happens we carry 3.446m of dead cp space into 2023 for them. If they get bought back after that date the dead cap still exists + their new contracts

The cap hits exist regardless of whether those players are re-signed or not

6 minutes ago, squire12 said:

The cap hits exist regardless of whether those players are re-signed or not

For Cobb yes but Lewis and Crosby have 2 and 3 void years on their deal. If you re-sign them before the 20th, those charges for 2024 and 2025 don't get added to the 2023 numbers like they would if you let them void.

Now Im not talking about large amounts of money but for a team that needs to move contracts around just to get under the cap let alone improve the team, every dollar saved counts.

Edited by OzPackfan