Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

For Cobb yes but Lewis and Crosby have 2 and 3 void years on their deal. If you re-sign them before the 20th, those charges for 2024 and 2025 don't get added to the 2023 numbers like they would if you let them void.

Now Im not talking about large amounts of money but for a team that needs to move contracts around just to get under the cap let alone improve the team, every dollar saved counts.

Lewis is $525k more in dead cap

Crosby is $670k more in dead cap

14 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

For a team that is more than 16m over the cap, every dollar counts. Why wouldn't you save 1.195m if you can

Because signing them at their vet minimum is adding $1.165M in base salary for each.

Spending a minimum of $2.33M to " save" $1.2M doesn't seem like a good move for a team where every dollar counts

28 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Because signing them at their vet minimum is adding $1.165M in base salary for each.

Spending a minimum of $2.33M to " save" $1.2M doesn't seem like a good move for a team where every dollar counts

I get that and of course the first decision to be made is are you going to re-sign them at all.

But if you the answer is yes, why wouldn't you do that before Feb 20?

1 minute ago, OzPackfan said:

I get that and of course the first decision to be made is are you going to re-sign them at all.

But if you the answer is yes, why wouldn't you do that before Feb 20?

Because it's not enough in savings to make a huge difference.  GB can restructure a contract to offset the dead cap. 

My take on this is slightly different. Rodgers isn't really ripping Shefty and Rap about when he enters the darkness, I think that is such a minor element, it is a detail, to get upset about that and to make a point of it on the Pat Show is a bit OTT.

I think the real reason he is ripping them, is both in the last few days have mentioned that Green Bay is trying to trade Rodgers and is open for business. I think he is trying to discredit them as sources of information and hence the stories about being traded. If that is his intent or Green Bay's he doesn't want to allow that narrative in play and hence he is calling them out as reliable news reporters.

I find with Rodgers, like all of us do, he plays these word games to be clever. I remember when he got his new contract and before the figures were released he disputed the fact that it made him the highest paid QB and again made a big thing about it on the Pat Show, when in reality he did get his monster deal. Same with the whole vax immunization thing. 

The fact that he has acted so aggressively towards these reports over something so trivial as getting the date wrong on entering the darkness, just doesn't make any sense. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

My take on this is slightly different. Rodgers isn't really ripping Shefty and Rap about when he enters the darkness, I think that is such a minor element, it is a detail, to get upset about that and to make a point of it on the Pat Show is a bit OTT.

I think the real reason he is ripping them, is both in the last few days have mentioned that Green Bay is trying to trade Rodgers and is open for business. I think he is trying to discredit them as sources of information and hence the stories about being traded. If that is his intent or Green Bay's he doesn't want to allow that narrative in play and hence he is calling them out as reliable news reporters.

I find with Rodgers, like all of us do, he plays these word games to be clever. I remember when he got his new contract and before the figures were released he disputed the fact that it made him the highest paid QB and again made a big thing about it on the Pat Show, when in reality he did get his monster deal. Same with the whole vax immunization thing. 

The fact that he has acted so aggressively towards these reports over something so trivial as getting the date wrong on entering the darkness, just doesn't make any sense. 

He's a pain in butt.  If he wasn't great at football he probably would have been gone a long time ago.  It's got to be draining to work with this guy.  I actually think the more he is talking the less teams are going to want to deal for him.  We'll see.  He's probably sort of low key trying to tank his value so he gets to stay in GB.  

Edited by {Family Ghost}

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd be praying for perfect poops if I was going to have to do my business in the dark for a few days.

I don't know if I am capable of pooping without a cell phone now.  After Taco Bell?  No problem.  But outside of circumstances like that, I'm just not sure.  I hope Rodgers survives.

And...after I've thought about it...is anyone really a master of pooping unless they've actually taken an upper decker?

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't know if I am capable of pooping without a cell phone now.  After Taco Bell?  No problem.  But outside of circumstances like that, I'm just not sure.  I hope Rodgers survives.

And...after I've thought about it...is anyone really a master of pooping unless they've actually taken an upper decker?

Never pulled off an Upper Decker, but I've done my share of AC Slaters.