Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Maybe I shouldn't ask, but I'm genuinely curious what your issue is with the substance here

There's no substance. It's all hyperbolic opinion that could be posted by even the most bad posters on this site. 

It's another example of the weirdness of people posting other random people's opinions. I don't get it. 

We have enough first hand garbage takes, we don't need reposted ones. He's a nobody with a bad take.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It's coming to a conclusion and then trying to logically connect things.  Without even looking at the bottom of the page, it looked like someone's WordPress article which ironically it is.  And if you want to look unbiased, you have to argue both side of the coin.  Let's go through each of those.

1.) Winning - Is Green Bay any closer to winning than say the Jets or Raiders are?   Despite their 6 games losing streak to end the season, the Jets finished only 1 game back of Green Bay.  And that's with a bottom 7 QB play from their roster.  There's no reason to believe that the Jets with even middle-of-the-road QB play wouldn't be a playoff team.  They get elite QB play, and you're talking about a team that likely makes it to the AFC Championship. The notion that a relatively cap-tight Packers' team is significantly better than Rodgers-led Jets team is crazy IMO.

2.) Power - Let's be real, any team that is trading for Rodgers is effectively going to give him everything he wants and then some.  There's very few HC or OCs who are going to be dictating to Rodgers.  Rodgers has a TON of leverage, and you know he's going to use that to his advantage.

3.) Pressure - Again, there's no difference in pressure.  Remember, this is the same Rodgers that purposely misled the media with his immunization comments.  He has no issues going in front of the lights.

1. I'd push back on this. The Raiders, even with Rodgers, have zero chance of even winning their division. Mahomes isn't going anywhere and the Raiders would be maybe even with Denver and LAC. The Jets are a better argument, but the NFC North doesn't have a team as good as the Bills. The NFC North will be wide open next year, with arguably the Lions maybe being the best team going into the preseason. That leaves the AFC v. NFC in general. As it currently stands, the AFC dominates in terms of top QBs and overall better teams. It's really not even close. 

2. The Power argument is closer than your "Winning" argument as I agree Rodgers will get some say/power no matter where he goes, but the point here is that LaFleur has basically let Rodgers do whatever he wants. Heck, that's been the complaint I keep hearing non-stop in support of MLF..."well I can't wait to see him actually run his offense once 12 is gone." Can't have it both ways. I think 12 gets away with more here than he would elsewhere. 

3. Pressure. Again, I'd push back here. Rodgers has the allegiance of the masses in GB regardless of whether he reaches another SB or not. That can't be said about the 31 other teams who would expect him to bring a championship if signed (especially at that $$) and won't stand behind him when he fails. I don't even think this one is debatable. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Pay walled article, but McGinn was a GB beat guy for decades. Interesting.

Andy Herman

@AndyHermanNFL

·

4m

Wow

@BobMcGinn

was not messing around. …they are done with Rodgers. That’s the way it is right now, that he’s not coming back. They’re disgusted with him and they’re done with him and they’re moving on.

"Move on" I could see.  "Disgusted" feels a little strong, but maybe the whole darkness retreat and Dr Feelgood antics dont sit well.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

There's no substance. It's all hyperbolic opinion that could be posted by even the most bad posters on this site. 

It's another example of the weirdness of people posting other random people's opinions. I don't get it. 

We have enough first hand garbage takes, we don't need reposted ones. He's a nobody with a bad take.

Again, writer and prose aside, do you agree that those would be reasons for Rodgers wanting to stay?  

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Andy Herman

@AndyHermanNFL

·

4m

Wow

@BobMcGinn

was not messing around. …they are done with Rodgers. That’s the way it is right now, that he’s not coming back. They’re disgusted with him and they’re done with him and they’re moving on.

"Move on" I could see.  "Disgusted" feels a little strong, but maybe the whole darkness retreat and Dr Feelgood antics dont sit well.  We'll see.

I hope they already have some parameters in place with some other clubs to ship #12 off.  Hopefully things move swiftly over the next few weeks and we can all sing, ding dong the witch is dead.

No horse in the race concerning the Rooney piece, but there is this...

Anyone here really think that Rodgers' goal via a trade is to win a Super Bowl?  I mean, he will say that it is, but let's get real here.  He wants money, he wants attention, he wants some perception of control and he wants to be with friends.

He can get all of that with the Raiders.

He can get most of that with the Jets, but not all, unless GB ships some of his friends that way, or if Cobb/Lewis/Tonyan/Lazard follow him.

But this idea that he wants to be set up for a Super Bowl doesn't sit well with me.  I don't think that really motivates him anymore. 

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But this idea that he wants to be set up for a Super Bowl doesn't sit well with me.  I don't think that really motivates him anymore. 

I agree with this wholeheartedly. If he had actual interest in winning another Super Bowl he'd be a regular at training camp and OTAs, or having private workouts with his skill players. I don't think winning is all that important to him

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Anyone here really think that Rodgers' goal via a trade is to win a Super Bowl?  I mean, he will say that it is, but let's get real here.  He wants money, he wants attention, he wants some perception of control and he wants to be with friends.

He can get most of that with the Jets, but not all, unless GB ships some of his friends that way, or if Cobb/Lewis/Tonyan/Lazard follow him.

This would be the only reason why a trade to the Raiders would make sense to me, from Rodgers' side of it. If he goes to the Raiders, his chances of winning the SB are far less, IMO, than his chances of winning one in GB. 

Edited by packfanfb

30 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

My hope is he ends up with the Raiders.  If there are conditional picks involved, I don't want him going to the Jets and quiting after a year because they suck and Hackett is the only guy he knows.  He goes to Vegas and they suck,Adams might talk him into another year in 2024.

This all would depend on conditional picks of course. I'm sure teams will want 2 year from Rodgers though.  We'll see.

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Pay walled article, but McGinn was a GB beat guy for decades. Interesting.

He claims in the piece he has no sources in the organization to back this. It’s just Bob reading the tea leaves.

Bob and Dunne have been labeled Rodger haters.

Take all of these things into consideration.

Could be completely right or just click baiting packer fans.

• Like 2