Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

1 hour ago, jleisher said:

So, would it make sense to deal Love this offseason?  Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't his 5th year option price some $20M?  That's a lot of $$$ on just two players.

First the 5th year option will be paid in 2024, has no effect on 2023. Secondly, if Rodgers returns for 2023 it is probably doubtful the Packers use the 5th year option on Love. When asked about the 5th year option for Love, Gutes said it was something they were still working through. The part they are still working through is the Rodgers situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, R T said:

First the 5th year option will be paid in 2024, has no effect on 2023. Secondly, if Rodgers returns for 2023 it is probably doubtful the Packers use the 5th year option on Love. When asked about the 5th year option for Love, Gutes said it was something they were still working through. The part they are still working through is the Rodgers situation. 

The smarter course of action is to extend Love 5 for 150 with 100 guaranteed and ship Rodgers. You could reduce his salary for the next two to three years. With that deal. 

If you believe Love has the goods, roll the dice and extend him. If you don't believe he has what it takes what are they doing in the first place. 

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Reporting from the other side of the coin...

My presumption is that this is like selling a car. You get a better price if you convince potential buyers you might keep driving it. You get a much worse price if you tell people how great your new car is

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

When does His Highness come out of the darkness? 

Anybody tuned in to this? 

I'd say it's likely he's been out for a couple days.

Now, he never said he'd have a decision when he came out, but the media ran with it anyway because they love the drama just as much as him. I think we're a couple of weeks away from his decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Now, he never said he'd have a decision when he came out, but the media ran with it anyway because they love the drama just as much as him. I think we're a couple of weeks away from his decision.

He said once he emerged he would be closer to a final, final decision.  Media needs to start pressing him on it.

16 minutes ago, Sandy said:

My friend's ex father in law's brother's cousin said that Rodgers is going to have a press conference, airing on ESPN called the Decision and that it will take place in Las Vegas at the Bellagio.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I thought the quote was he'd have clarity on his decision when he came out. I heard that quote from the McAfee show. 

I made a comment about how he had clarity before he went in because of that statement. He was prejudging the outcome already. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I thought the quote was he'd have clarity on his decision when he came out. I heard that quote from the McAfee show. 

I made a comment about how he had clarity before he went in because of that statement. He was prejudging the outcome already. 

He never said anything this certain. Everything he said was that this retreat would get him closer to his decision. The new league year is March 15th, I'd say at the latest the weekend of the 11-12th is the latest we'll know.

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I don't want this to happen, but I think there's a good chance you're right. If the Packers trade GB, it's going to be 100% because they want it, not 12.

Yes, I believe Rodgers would like to retire as a Packer so unless management is ready to move on to Love Rodgers will be back unless he retires now (which I think is a long shot at best).

10 hours ago, fattlipp said:

People saying this, but ARods cap hit will be 14 and 31 the first 2 years, significantly less than Carrs will be probably.

But if a team is looking for a vet who will play for a few more years than AR they might consider Carr over Rodgers.

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But if a team is looking for a vet who will play for a few more years than AR they might consider Carr over Rodgers.

I find it interesting how the Jets loved Carr when he visited with them.

They loved him so much that they let him leave the building.  LOL.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I find it interesting how the Jets loved Carr when he visited with them.

They loved him so much that they let him leave the building.  LOL.

Dear Mr. Carr,

Thank you for your interest in the New York Jets. We loved the enthusiasm you showed by trying to claim a locker. We hope you understand we are not that far along in the process and had to remove your grooming items.

We'll be in touch.

• Like 1