Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I love it when I read NFL Gen and guys are taking this one year from Geno and saying he's better than a lot of QB's who have done it at a higher level for the better part of a decade.

Geno has replicate last year for 3-4 years to earn that kind of respect from me.

Right now?  My respect for Carroll has increased.  I still do not personally like him, but he got the best out of Geno.  More than he got out of Russell.  

Regarding Rodgers....I don't know if his ego is really that big.  Like big enough to ruin a team.  I feel like if you have veteran leadership on team, he is going to thrive.  If you have a very young team, it is not going to go well.  Unless he brings his friends with him.   Either way, I think there are a lot of teams that would love to have his brain and his arm running their offense.

I believe you are correct, but not according to Peter King! 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Very different tone from last year either way. 

Sure is, last year it was, we want him back, end quote. Seems the end of year conversations must have had discussions about hm moving on. Now, whether those were generated by the Packers or Rodges is unclear. 

Edited by Old Guy

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I love it when I read NFL Gen and guys are taking this one year from Geno and saying he's better than a lot of QB's who have done it at a higher level for the better part of a decade.

Geno has replicate last year for 3-4 years to earn that kind of respect from me.

Right now?  My respect for Carroll has increased.  I still do not personally like him, but he got the best out of Geno.  More than he got out of Russell.  

Regarding Rodgers....I don't know if his ego is really that big.  Like big enough to ruin a team.  I feel like if you have veteran leadership on team, he is going to thrive.  If you have a very young team, it is not going to go well.  Unless he brings his friends with him.   Either way, I think there are a lot of teams that would love to have his brain and his arm running their offense.

I don't think Rodgers is this locker room cancer either.  Like I said elsewhere other than a couple of former teammates I have never heard anything untoward about him from his peers.  I doubt AR will go to Seattle, if the Packers are ready to move on (which is still an open question).  The Seahawks will go with Geno and they can find their QB of the future in the draft.  They traded away an aging QB to Denver so why would they then go after an even more ancient guy in AR?

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

There are a lot of negative rumors floating about Rodgers. Supposedly he can ruin a locker room. Also, Peter King, take it for what it's worth, clams 4 teams in need of QB's want no part of him.

I think there is an effort to drive the price tag down for teams looking to acquire him. 

Also, the one thing that actually may drive his price tag down is how badly Russell Wilson played last year. Given what Denver got fleeced for it probably would make some team skittish. 

The 4 teams in need of a QB probably want a younger QB that will play more than 2 years for a hell of lot less than what the Packers will want in exchange for AR.

• Like 1

What I picked up from Tom Silverstein in his tweets seems very much like the Packers are moving on from Rodgers. Gute hasn't spoken to Rodgers since the end of the season, while has been in constant touch with Love and his reps. Gute said he hasn't had a direct trade offer for Rodgers but has had conversations with teams!!! Without seeing this the tweets really have a tone of being not bothered about what Aaron says. Same thing Brandt said on the Rich Eisen show, saying when Favre left the team were less explicit about wanting him back and sees the same thing with the Packers this year with Rodgers.

2 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

I fail to see it. That's the same team that traded Russell. The same team that made the playoffs with a vastly cheaper Geno Smith. It's basically hoping Schneider is schizophrenic and borderline "Special Needs" to be taken advantage of like that.

Or Geno wants 4/150m,  we don’t see his demands.

and Carroll is to old to start over with Lock or Richardson/Levis

Edited by fattlipp

35 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

What I picked up from Tom Silverstein in his tweets seems very much like the Packers are moving on from Rodgers. Gute hasn't spoken to Rodgers since the end of the season, while has been in constant touch with Love and his reps. Gute said he hasn't had a direct trade offer for Rodgers but has had conversations with teams!!! Without seeing this the tweets really have a tone of being not bothered about what Aaron says. Same thing Brandt said on the Rich Eisen show, saying when Favre left the team were less explicit about wanting him back and sees the same thing with the Packers this year with Rodgers.

I'll say the same as I always say .. it was over for Aaron in GB after that terrible performance against the 49'ers in the playoffs.  They missed the first opportunity to get the motherlode last year, but have another opportunity to get a solid return this year.  It's time for Gute and the boys to turn this thing over to Love.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

Like I said elsewhere other than a couple of former teammates I have never heard anything untoward about him from his peers.

If we don't count the times people talked bad about him, no one has ever talked bad about him. Got it. 

• Like 2