Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

16 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sure seems like they're trading him and both the Packers and Rodgers have known it for some time.

It does seem to be shaking down that way. Shall be interesting to see how these next couple weeks turn out.

14 minutes ago, malak1 said:

If we don't count the times people talked bad about him, no one has ever talked bad about him. Got it. 

Pugger makes a nice point actually. He seems a bit arrogant and prickly at times, but he also seems to be a loyal friend who wants to get his friends paid too. I refuse to hate Rodgers after all the good football memories, but am also excited to see what kind of return we get for him. Father time comes for us all.

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I don't think Rodgers is this locker room cancer either.  Like I said elsewhere other than a couple of former teammates I have never heard anything untoward about him from his peers.  I doubt AR will go to Seattle, if the Packers are ready to move on (which is still an open question).  The Seahawks will go with Geno and they can find their QB of the future in the draft.  They traded away an aging QB to Denver so why would they then go after an even more ancient guy in AR?

They also have Drew Lock who they wanted in the Wilson trade.

Gute handles these interviews very well, I think.  Comes across as honest and patient.  

But I don't really see how any of this is Gute's call.  Rodgers has the guaranteed contract?  Rodgers can say "I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."  Gute will need to accommodate whatever 12 determines.  

Edited by craig
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

There are a lot of negative rumors floating about Rodgers. Supposedly he can ruin a locker room. Also, Peter King, take it for what it's worth, clams 4 teams in need of QB's want no part of him.

I think there is an effort to drive the price tag down for teams looking to acquire him. 

Also, the one thing that actually may drive his price tag down is how badly Russell Wilson played last year. Given what Denver got fleeced for it probably would make some team skittish. 

3 of those 4 teams shouldn't be interested in Rodgers and Rodgers shouldn't be interested in them. They're rebuilding and/or bad teams.

I dont' buy LV isn't interested and King even said it might be smoke.

FMIA: The Scourge of Draft Desperation and The Combine Without a Sure Thing - ProFootballTalk (nbcsports.com)

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't think Rodgers is this locker room cancer either.  Like I said elsewhere other than a couple of former teammates I have never heard anything untoward about him from his peers.  I doubt AR will go to Seattle, if the Packers are ready to move on (which is still an open question).  The Seahawks will go with Geno and they can find their QB of the future in the draft.  They traded away an aging QB to Denver so why would they then go after an even more ancient guy in AR?

For the record?  I don't feel like he is a cancer either.

But...I feel like his leadership works best with older, established players.  I don't think he's the fit for a team that is very young.

And that's not totally on him.  I feel like young guys may be a little star struck by him.  

42 minutes ago, LacyIsGood said:

I don’t think Rodgers is a locker room cancer, but on the field it’s clear as day when someone makes a mistake or things don’t go his way he cracks and looks to blame others and avoid them.  I have never seen a pro athlete do that, and hope to never again.  

This. He's a bad leader. The results speak for themselves.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For the record?  I don't feel like he is a cancer either.

But...I feel like his leadership works best with older, established players.  I don't think he's the fit for a team that is very young.

And that's not totally on him.  I feel like young guys may be a little star struck by him.  

You're right except it's totally on him. His attitude has cost us games/seasons. A big part of the responsibility of being a leader is creating an environment where younger players are comfortable and not "star struck".

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm probably in the vast minority here, but I like that Ettling kid who was our #3 last year.  He looked poised and confident in pre-season games.  And the kid has wheels.  

I don't think he'd be able to help Love much.  At least a guy like Mariota knows the LaFleur scheme and has also been a starter in the league.  

• Like 1