Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

5 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

If Rodgers is traded and there are conditional picks if he comes back in 2024.

Your dilemma becomes:

Do you hope the Jets suck and the pick goes higher??  , OR do you hope the Jets have better season so he comes back?  

Somewhere in the middle??

Unless they are facing GB, I'll want the Jets to win the SB

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

TBH, I can't even tell what you two are arguing about.

Jordan Love and the use of the word "unknown".  I dunno.

So far as I'm concerned, Love is an unknown to us, similar to Rodgers way back when.

Rodgers is known.  His "poor" play is around top 1/3 of QB's in the league.   His good play is elite.

Can't say that about Love, but it is time to find out.  

Rodgers has always controlled the outcome.  That remains true.  

Posters have noted that the Jets have no leverage.  Objectively, the Packers have no leverage either.  (*unless* there is a 2nd team who's serious and who Rodgers has approved.)

I think this is a strange case where two teams want a deal to happen, neither with any leverage.  If anything, the Packers may have even less.  (The Jets could add Garoppolo, for example.)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, craig said:

Rodgers has always controlled the outcome.  That remains true.  

Posters have noted that the Jets have no leverage.  Objectively, the Packers have no leverage either.  (*unless* there is a 2nd team who's serious and who Rodgers has approved.)

I think this is a strange case where two teams want a deal to happen, neither with any leverage.  If anything, the Packers may have even less.  (The Jets could add Garoppolo, for example.)

The Packers still have almost all the leverage. 

Rodgers controls one decision: whether or not to play football.

GB controls everything else.

• Like 1

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Rodgers' power play is probably to reach a secret agreement with the Jets and then retire, then unretire after the draft and demand a trade to the Jets.  Just so he can play with New York and the offensive player the Jets would take at 13.

At that point the Packers keep him on the roster and let him backup Jordan Love.

• Like 1

Just now, Mazrimiv said:

Works for me

That would be directly rooting against the Packers, which is what a lot of Packer fans are going to do in that scenario because they’re not Packer fans, they’re Rodgers fans, and they secretly will be until Rodgers retires, at which point they’ll say they were happy Rodgers left.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

At that point the Packers keep him on the roster and let him backup Jordan Love.

When Favre did something similar, he waited until being removed from the Reserved/Retired list and put on the roster would put the Packers over the salary cap which would make him a free agent.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

That would be directly rooting against the Packers, which is what a lot of Packer fans are going to do in that scenario because they’re not Packer fans, they’re Rodgers fans, and they secretly will be until Rodgers retires, at which point they’ll say they were happy Rodgers left.

It's not a matter of rooting against the Packers.  As if a few draft spots is going to make or break the Packers future.  It's silly. 

I want no part of Rodgers in a GB uniform going fwd, but I would enjoy the heck out of him leaving GB and  having one of his magical years for the Jets.  If he actually closed the deal for them with a SB win, even better.  Not sure why that would be hard for any GB fan to acknowledge or accept.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's not a matter of rooting against the Packers.  As if a few draft spots is going to make or break the Packers future.  It's silly. 

I want no part of Rodgers in a GB uniform going fwd, but I would enjoy the heck out of him leaving GB and  having one of his magical years for the Jets.  If he actually closed the deal for them with a SB win, even better.  Not sure why that would be hard for any GB fan to acknowledge or accept.

Because when he's not a Packer, I don't care anymore, except how it benefits the Packers (draft position in this case).

• Like 1