Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

We're STILL just a Rodgers statement professing his "love for Green Bay and it's fans and how he wants to finish his career where it started" away from Aaron Rodgers quarterbacking the Packers in 2023.

Wrong.  One might believe this if they don’t think Murph and Gute have not grown in the brains and balls dept, or fail to see that the paradigm has shifted.  All Packer brass has had to do is tell Rodg he’s welcome back as the contract dictates but Cobb, Lewis, Tonyan, etc are not.  Oh and this year he’ll have to actually play within Frenchy’s system to a T.  Oh and he may have to compete and share some time with Love.

Power shifted, paradigm changed.

This is clearly what has the old man considering a new horizon.

Retirement was never an option.  If Packer brass had bowed and genuflected to Lord Rodgers as they had done last year he would already be on board.  They told him of the new “parameters” right after the season.  THAT is the sole reason he has had to seek dark places.  He got his azz flipped.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

yeah, you said almost all the leverage.

so still not seeing where giving Rodgers $58.3M, getting no draft picks amounts to having almost all the leverage for GB

Because if he agrees to the stipulations they spent the entire off-season discussing, then Green Bay wants him back.

"It has to be the right fit."

-Brian Gutenkust 2023

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

They handed over an absurd contract that stripped them of the ability to trade him against his wishes nor release him, yet did not make the entire offseason mandatory via tying some of it into the guaranteed money. The answer you seek was provided a year ago.

and they clearly learned from the mistake of trusting him

The party's over
It's time to call it a day
They've burst your pretty balloon
And taken the moon away
It's time to wind up the masquerade
Just make your mind up the piper must be paid

The party's over
The candles flicker and dim
You danced and dreamed through the night

It seemed to be right just being with him
Now you must wake up, all dreams must end
Take off your makeup, the party's over
It's all over, my friend

• Like 1

I don't know if leverage is the word, but Green Bay gets what they want in either scenario.

We can assume 2 scenarios:

#1: Rodgers returns to GB because he is all in and wants to retire here and all stipulations laid out in offseason meetings by GB he is comfortable adhering too.

#2: Rodgers is not interested in the layout of the offseason plan for GB and how he'd be involved and he's going to have to make a decision whether he'd like to continue his career elsewhere with an amicable split with GB, or he'd like to start the next chapter of his life and retire.

The ONLY way GB doesn't get what they want is of Rodgers chooses #1 and then goes back on his word, which I personally believe Aaron cares too much about his legacy to even entertain the thought of.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Because if he agrees to the stipulations they spent the entire off-season discussing, then Green Bay wants him back.

"It has to be the right fit."

-Brian Gutenkust 2023

And AR took the meeting with the Jets........................................

2 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

As a fan, with Rodgers do you feel in 2023 we are contenders? Do you think Rodgers with the Jets in 2023 with the cap space to go all in ala LA Rams for two years are better positioned to be contenders? 

Rodgers must see it that this run is over. The only reason to come back is for legacy. If he wants to compete and win Green Bay sadly is not the place 

Gute I feel deliberately and partly his hands are tied is trying to make Green Bay not the place to be and is not drooling over Rodgers. While the Jets are and his buddy Hackett is there and they can run the offence how they want. Why would he not want to be there over Green Bay?

Probably for the same possible reason he didn't go to Denver to be with Hackett last year(he would've very likely gotten a deal similar to GB's extension given what they paid for Russell, so money's a fringe factor at best); there're too many unfamiliar pieces to work with.

AR's mental status seems to be firmly slotted into the "too old and too tired to learn new things if I don't have to" mentality that befalls almost every super-old QB. Granted, the familiarity might take a hit if several of his 'favored' weapons depart, leaving the likes of New York on more equal ground. Well, that and Hackett's apparent mediocre rankings and meltdown in Denver may not leave him as appealing as it might've been last year.

But then this subject has likely been glossed over at least three straight times because we're all running around in circles over what'll no doubt turn into a Nothingburger, the football equivalent of Russiagate.

Just now, Leader said:

And AR took the meeting with the Jets........................................

Which should tell you he's not 100% in on those stipulations. Doesn't mean he's 100% out, but there's at least a percent of him that's interested enough to see what else is out there.

1 minute ago, Zycho32 said:

Probably for the same possible reason he didn't go to Denver to be with Hackett last year(he would've very likely gotten a deal similar to GB's extension given what they paid for Russell, so money's a fringe factor at best); there're too many unfamiliar pieces to work with.

AR's mental status seems to be firmly slotted into the "too old and too tired to learn new things if I don't have to" mentality that befalls almost every super-old QB. Granted, the familiarity might take a hit if several of his 'favored' weapons depart, leaving the likes of New York on more equal ground. Well, that and Hackett's apparent mediocre rankings and meltdown in Denver may not leave him as appealing as it might've been last year.

But then this subject has likely been glossed over at least three straight times because we're all running around in circles over what'll no doubt turn into a Nothingburger, the football equivalent of Russiagate.

Russiagate wasnt a nothing burger.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Which should tell you he's not 100% in on those stipulations. Doesn't mean he's 100% out, but there's at least a percent of him that's interested enough to see what else is out there.

Exactly....and he's also not got one foot in the retirement grave.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't know if leverage is the word, but Green Bay gets what they want in either scenario.

We can assume 2 scenarios:

#1: Rodgers returns to GB because he is all in and wants to retire here and all stipulations laid out in offseason meetings by GB he is comfortable adhering too.

What are the stipulations?

how does GB hold him to them, whatever they are?

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

#2: Rodgers is not interested in the layout of the offseason plan for GB and how he'd be involved and he's going to have to make a decision whether he'd like to continue his career elsewhere with an amicable split with GB, or he'd like to start the next chapter of his life and retire.

The ONLY way GB doesn't get what they want is of Rodgers chooses #1 and then goes back on his word, which I personally believe Aaron cares too much about his legacy to even entertain the thought of.

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

...So answer me this, Rodgers comes to the Packers and says, hey I'm coming back, I'm going to be in Hawaii for 2 weeks in May and I'm going to Belize for 2 weeks in June. I'll make sure I'm there for 3 days in mini camp. If you need any guidance or help with FA or draft just call me in Cali, otherwise see you in training camp late July. 

Gute and Murphy are OK with that? Then Rodgers has all the leverage, but I wouldn't believe for a second that is true.

It's "optional" team activities.  He's got that right, so yeah, he can do that.  Gute might wish he'd come, and might suggest it would be appreciated if he did.  But yeah, that's entirely within Aaron's purview, and Aaron and Gute both know it.  It's his right.  

Maybe Aaron's a people-pleaser and wants Gute to approve of his choices.  So maybe Gute disapproving would be big leverage over him.  Or maybe not.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, squire12 said:

What are the stipulations?

how does GB hold him to them, whatever they are?

What are the stipulations of you and your employer or your relationships? Trust. 

He certainly can go back on his words if that's what he wants to be remembered for, but I doubt it.