Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

Not sure anyone should conclude San Francisco is off the market for a QB. Jimmy G got them to the Super Bowl but not over the hump. Shanahan decided to go get Lance.

In order for Purdy's job to be safe next year, he needs to win it all IMO. Dallas exposed his limitations yesterday. Not sure SF can beat Cincinnati with Purdy at QB. 

The problem with San Fran being a destination is draft capital or lack thereof. 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Subtle clarification:  AR's under contract.

The only thing that "puts him on the market" is his continually yapping about himself, his future, his goals, his abilities, his roster demands, his state of mind, emotions, beliefs and mysteries....etc - as if he's a free agent.

That attitude - combined with my thinking we've seen the best of him already and I no longer think he can overcome game adversity and lead us to victory - leads me to thinking it's time.

I dont know what the FO is thinking. Perhaps they'll want to run it back again. 

Jordan Love on the roster also has a lot to do with the speculation by media and both real/perceived insecurity by Rodgers. 

Rodgers almost got benched this year. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Not sure anyone should conclude San Francisco is off the market for a QB. Jimmy G got them to the Super Bowl but not over the hump. Shanahan decided to go get Lance.

In order for Purdy's job to be safe next year, he needs to win it all IMO. Dallas exposed his limitations yesterday. Not sure SF can beat Cincinnati with Purdy at QB. 

The problem with San Fran being a destination is draft capital or lack thereof. 

I might agree with this if Purdy looks overwhelmed vs PHI.  If SF makes it to the SB, they are 100% out of the QB market for this off-season.

14 hours ago, coachbuns said:

I've been the biggest Rodgers backer for years but it just seems he hasn't been able to rise up and win the games he should.  50 million for his play this year and forward is obscene in my opionion .. time to move on if at all possible.   Not sure what will really happen but will not shed any tears if he is moved for picks and cap relief.

I'm the same way.

I'd feel differently if I thought that Rodgers could transform his game and put winning ahead of his own personal stats.  But he hasn't in forever.  And he is not clutch.  You don't take sacks on 4'th down.

If he's back, he will be healthier, so we will win more games.  But he doesn't have "it" to win the big games.  He needs more around him to win those games and with how much he is being paid, he will not have that kind of talent around him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Thanks for the summary.

Couple thoughts.

LV:   Would Rodgers want to play in the AFC west vs Mahomes and herbert?  For McDaniels?  Would McDaniels prefer JimmyG or Brady, QB they can get without giving up draft picks?

TEN:  Would Rodgers want to go to a run heavy offense?  Limited pass catching resources?

NE:  agreed on the points

NYJ:  Center of attention may be appealing.  Platform to speak on topics.  QB savior to a franchise desperate for 1 ....50 years in the making.

WAS:  sneaky option that would have a bunch of highlight games.

NO:  I don't see it

Rodgers is going to desire playing to a trade partner team and will he offer 1-2 teams or 3+ to create a bidding war?

It's Vegas all day long.  Rodgers loves his own stats.  He would have his favorite WR and a very good tight end.  He would put up stats galore.  On the LV end....he would also put butts in seats.

Tennessee has no weaponz for Rodgers.

Jets....Favre.  Nope.

NE....shadow of Brady.  Cold.  Nope.

Washington.....I don't see it.  What's the Washington equivalent of the west coast?  Seattle if they move on from Geno?  Is not San Fran.  Is not Chargers.  Maybe that is Vegas.

No clue if Seattle has the cap space for him.  But he would have a RB and two WR's.

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

It's Vegas all day long.  Rodgers loves his own stats.  He would have his favorite WR and a very good tight end.  He would put up stats galore.  On the LV end....he would also put butts in seats.

Jets....Favre.  Nope.

Washington.....I don't see it.  What's the Washington equivalent of the west coast?  Seattle if they move on from Geno?  Is not San Fran.  Is not Chargers.  Maybe that is Vegas.

No clue if Seattle has the cap space for him.  But he would have a RB and two WR's.

But would Vegas really be a better option than GB? He'd have more weapons, but LV would still be the 4th best team in that division, no?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jets....Favre.  Nope.

Bill Huber / SI has a good article about this exact topic.
If i remember correctly, he dissed LV, forget about WA / Snyder....and his conclusion was the NYJ's were the #1 option.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/ranking-potential-rodgers-trade-destinations

15 hours ago, Leader said:

The idea is not push for the greatest return.....but to get rid of his cap situation - begin to heal our own - while turning the page to Love. 

Why not get the best return possible?  I wouldn't just get rid of him to save cap space for peanuts.  He is a HOF QB even if his play has declined and guys like him don't grow on trees.  AR is better than Wilson and look what Seattle got for him.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jets....Favre.  Nope.

What about Miami?  Tua might be done and Teddy isn't the answer.  The fins have a nice roster and the weather is nice...

21 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

But would Vegas really be a better option than GB? He'd have more weapons, but LV would still be the 4th best team in that division, no?

True.  I don't feel like Rodgers would really care.  He would have his friend, Davante, and he would put up stats.