Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

It will be interesting to see how this decision is announced:

It will likely be leaked out to one of the usual suspects.

If Rodgers goes to the Jets, I'm sure the Jets will have press conference, do the Packers have a PC too?

If he retires, I doubt the Jets would have a PC, but the Packers certainly would.

50 minutes ago, gopackgo972 said:

Why aren’t the Packers getting close to what the Hawks for the Russ? Is it the age? The contract? 

It puts stress on the organization when you have an in or out situation every year.  It's time to move him.

Edited by NFLGURU

12 minutes ago, R T said:

Good to see that most are starting to zero in on a more realistic trade value for Rodgers. Kudos to those people.

I'd like to think the majority of the fanbase knew they weren't getting a Russell Wilson-esque package.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

I see no reason for GB to have a PC.

What?  Didn't GB have one when we traded Farve to the Jets back in the day?  It is a big deal to trade away your future first ballot HOF QB even if he isn't the player he once was.  I just hope Love is ready to go.

20 minutes ago, Leader said:

I see no reason for GB to have a PC.

Use it to publicly say goodbye to a Packer legend, thank him for his HOF career in Green Bay, and then publicly turn the keys over to Jordan Love.  

"We are 100% behind Jordan and look forward to his future in Green Bay"

Edited by NFLGURU

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Rodgers has millions of reasons to go to NY, but I think it's a tough call for him.  

New York isn't Green Bay, there's a lot more stress involved.

We all know the time Rodgers takes to develop WRs to his liking.  How long will that take??

Everything is new, new organization, new coaches, new leadership, new teammates, new living situation. 

You aren't going from Suamico to Lambeau in a 10 minute drive, you're going from that to smog, honking horns and traffic.

At the end of the day, if you are fortunate enough to make the playoffs, you got Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, Herbert to deal with.  

Plus you are leaving a softball throwing press in Green Bay to that NY press which is brutal.  They are going to be ruthlessly all over his off the field stuff.

I think he ends up going, cant turn down the dollars.  There will be a Rodgers frenzy until they fall short.  Its not going to be a picnic for him when it does.

They are expecting Super Bowls in NY.  

I suspect you are right on target here.  Rodgers always expressed a desire to retire as a Packer.   He may not want to start over with a new organization, especially in NY.  The dollars are nice but will it be worth it all in the end?  If he retires I won't be upset.  It would be nice for us if he accepts the trade but perhaps not so nice for him.  He has to do what is best for him.  With the millions he's made he won't be hurting for cash any time soon so he might just call it a career.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What?  Didn't GB have one when we traded Farve to the Jets back in the day?

I dont remember.
If GB has a PC - fine. I dont see the need for it though.

What's changed since Favre's time is social media. The Packers could say all they need to say via social media.

Edited by Leader

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Sticking to my guns, desperate owner is making the demands. Pick 13 and conditional 25' pick based on number of games played in 2024.

Anything less than that, the Packers FO caved.

Also, all those pushback stories about it not taking a first round pick to get Aaron are probably coming out of the Jets camp.  That leads me to believe the Packers are insisting on a 1st, as they should.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

It will be interesting to see how this decision is announced:

It will likely be leaked out to one of the usual suspects.

If Rodgers goes to the Jets, I'm sure the Jets will have press conference, do the Packers have a PC too?

If he retires, I doubt the Jets would have a PC, but the Packers certainly would.

The Jets will have a huge one, but I the Packers will just have a press release probably.  They will profusely thank Aaron for his years of service and wish him well in his new locale.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

It would be nice for us if he accepts the trade but perhaps not so nice for him.  He has to do what is best for him. 

He'd probably have to show up for OTA's and alike....plus actually put some time in during training camp/preseason games. He probably wouldnt like that. Let's face it...he's taken a very laid back attitude in recent years. That would have to change.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1