Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We're not doing this again in here, whoever posted the tweet originally, thanks a bunch.

It's Saturday everyone go make a drink and wait for more tweets tomorrow advertising as news but is nothing more than regurgitated nonsense and hopefully we get an answer Monday.

I'm drinking my can of low sodium V8, thank you very much. 

4 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I was too until I heard Murphy say "help Aaron achieve..." That, to me, left the door open to the possibility we're not getting pick 13 as a gesture to Rodgers to help his new team. And more and more getting the vibe the FO's main goal was just getting a clean transition to Love and were content accepting less.

Not because of a lack of leverage, but because their prime motivation was really just getting him out of the building.

If we can't get 13 ..

I would ask for a 2024 first round pick.  And a conditional pick, if Jets make the playoffs then we get a 2024 2nd rounder as well. That way we either get a decent first round pick or if Jets do well and its a late pick, we get an extra high pick.

Should work for Jets if they are going for it 2023

People always want this year but reality is in terms of long term roster development, a first rounder is a first rounder. Doesn't need to be this year. Maybe see if they can throw in a 2023 4th rounder or something so we get something now. Acknowledge fans will go nuts but we are making this trade to improve the team for the medium term not for 2023.

Edited by mikemike778

1 minute ago, mikemike778 said:

If we can't get 13 ..

I would ask for a 2024 first round pick.  And a conditional pick, if Jets make the playoffs then we get a 2024 2nd rounder as well. That way we either get a decent first round pick or if Jets do well and its a late pick, we get an extra high pick.

Should work for Jets if they are going for it 2023

People always want this year but reality is in terms of long term roster development, a first rounder is a first rounder. Doesn't need to be this year. Maybe see if they can throw in a 2023 4th rounder or something so we get something now.

They have a talented roster, a 2024 pick is pretty likely to be lower than 13 with Rodgers there.

Give me a 2, 3, and 6 this year, if he plays again next year a 3 and conditional pick that could be a 1 but no less than a 2.

So, likely 2 2’s, 2 3’s, and a 6.  That’s my floor.  No less, and we eat no more cap than what we must for this last season.

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

I wonder if the delay is Rodgers trying to get a better deal out of the Jets. Why wouldn't he try to bend them over too?

Could be the Jets promised to make an acquisition for him (as Sauce alluded to, and the last tweet from that random guy said) and he's waiting for them to complete that and then he'll join them 

2 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

I wonder if the delay is Rodgers trying to get a better deal out of the Jets. Why wouldn't he try to bend them over too?

Oh he’d try.  I think the deal is done, they all know what’s going to happen. We’re at the present not on the need to know list.  Soon.

4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Give me a 2, 3, and 6 this year, if he plays again next year a 3 and conditional pick that could be a 1 but no less than a 2.

So, likely 2 2’s, 2 3’s, and a 6.  That’s my floor.  No less, and we eat no more cap than what we must for this last season.

Yeah maybe something like would work   I've had my heart set on pick #13, but if they can come up with similar value with other picks/players I guess I wouldn't quibble much. Only getting a couple of 2nd's would be underwhelming.