Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

14 minutes ago, Pugger said:

What about Miami?  Tua might be done and Teddy isn't the answer.  The fins have a nice roster and the weather is nice...

No clue if the cap would work for them.  But outside of that?  I once opined that Miami might want Rodgers and @incognito_man replied back with.... "Why would they want to downgrade their QB?"  And that has stuck with me.  From the little I've heard about Miami, they expect Tua back next year as their starting QB.

24 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Why not get the best return possible?  I wouldn't just get rid of him to save cap space for peanuts.  He is a HOF QB even if his play has declined and guys like him don't grow on trees.  AR is better than Wilson and look what Seattle got for him.

I'm not arguing to not get the best return possible. My comment was (in my personal opinion....) - it's time to cut the cord and begin to get our cap situation back in order - combined with thinking ARs reached his max with us - so dont hold out for some unreasonable return....which results in not moving him.

Unlike many around here, I'm not gonna have a take on the return. I'm confident they'll do the best they can and I'll hope for the best. It's the result I'm more interested in.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I'm not arguing to not get the best return possible. My comment was (in my personal opinion....) - it's time to cut the cord and begin to get our cap situation back in order - combined with thinking ARs reached his max with us - so dont hold out for some unreasonable return....which results in not moving him.

Unlike many around here, I'm not gonna have a take on the return. I'm confident they'll do the best they can and I'll hope for the best. It's the result I'm more interested in.

IOC

I have to wonder if Gute and company are ready to start the Love era now.  It is obvious fans and media types are but is management?  We'll find out in a few weeks.

22 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Or you're acknowledging he could still have an MVP season here, but is too stubborn to allow management to build the team in Green Bays best interest and not Aaron's best interest l, so the best option for the team is to trade him to the highest AFC bidder.

He's stopping the team from being the best version of itself, or the decision makers are too scared to piss him off?

Even if what you say is true how will that be any different elsewhere?

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

No clue if the cap would work for them.  But outside of that?  I once opined that Miami might want Rodgers and @incognito_man replied back with.... "Why would they want to downgrade their QB?"  And that has stuck with me.  From the little I've heard about Miami, they expect Tua back next year as their starting QB.

Past me was wise.

But since then Tua scrambled his brain :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

True.  I don't feel like Rodgers would really care.  He would have his friend, Davante, and he would put up stats.

I kinda disagree. I think he genuinely wants a Super Bowl above all else. But he's not willing to compromise on cap space or playing with his buddies. Or showing up in the offseason. Or running the offense as the coach wants it.

OK as I type this out I'm beginning to think he's all about his stats.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

I kinda disagree. I think he genuinely wants a Super Bowl above all else. But he's not willing to compromise on cap space or playing with his buddies. Or showing up in the offseason. Or running the offense as the coach wants it.

OK as I type this out I'm beginning to think he's all about his stats.

He is all lip service when it comes to winning it all.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, squire12 said:

Thanks for the summary.

Couple thoughts.

LV:   Would Rodgers want to play in the AFC west vs Mahomes and herbert?  For McDaniels?  Would McDaniels prefer JimmyG or Brady, QB they can get without giving up draft picks?

TEN:  Would Rodgers want to go to a run heavy offense?  Limited pass catching resources?

NE:  agreed on the points

NYJ:  Center of attention may be appealing.  Platform to speak on topics.  QB savior to a franchise desperate for 1 ....50 years in the making.

WAS:  sneaky option that would have a bunch of highlight games.

NO:  I don't see it

Rodgers is going to desire playing to a trade partner team and will he offer 1-2 teams or 3+ to create a bidding war?

That's the big question. I imagine he'd give a list of at least three teams, but will they all be teams that are interested in him? 

Let's say LV gets Brady and Tennessee gets Carr, and Rodgers' list is those two teams and SF (who opt to keep Lance and Purdy). How does he take it when we say none of those teams want him?

Sounds like we're in agreement about his top four destinations (if not the order they should be ranked). I'm hoping he's opening minded about all four so we can get a little bidding war for his services.

Just now, Sandy said:

That's the big question. I imagine he'd give a list of at least three teams, but will they all be teams that are interested in him? 

Let's say LV gets Brady and Tennessee gets Carr, and Rodgers' list is those two teams and SF (who opt to keep Lance and Purdy). How does he take it when we say none of those teams want him?

Sounds like we're in agreement about his top four destinations (if not the order they should be ranked). I'm hoping he's opening minded about all four so we can get a little bidding war for his services.

I think Aaron and his agent will know exactly who is interested in his services and the Packers will then ask those teams to present an offer, or will tell those teams what they want.

29 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Past me was wise.

But since then Tua scrambled his brain :(

And despite being scrambled, Miami still said they expect him to be their starter next year.

Personally, I'd like Rodgers to go to Miami.  Not sure about the cap, but man, he'd be warm and have weaponz all while we get some good draft comp to re-build.

35 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

He's stopping the team from being the best version of itself, or the decision makers are too scared to piss him off?

Even if what you say is true how will that be any different elsewhere?

Not sure what your point is. Everyone is saying that trading him is admitting you think he's not an MVP level QB anymore. The scenario above is probably the most likely reason why we'd trade him and it has nothing to do with the level of play.