Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Chili said:

There are a lot of stupid and desperate front offices, are you telling me this one instance every NFL team apart from the Jets has decided to be smart?

I think they must feel that Aaron isn't worth the hassle at this point.  He's closing in on 40, he's got a stupid contract, and his commitment level is questionable.  I thought his pedigree would demand some more compensation, but it's pretty clear the rest of the league is not enamored with him. Let's get what we can and get out. 

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's pretty clear by now that GB management will not be playing hardball with Rodgers.  Path of least resistance is how this will play out.

How can they? They need to thank him if he decides to go to another team and we recoup some draft picks. If he retires it's just another knock on the GM for mismanagement. 

Let's also not forget how great he's been for Love going out of his way to help and hype him up, the exact opposite of his early years.

37 minutes ago, Chili said:

Why haven't we heard of other teams showing interest in Rodgers by now?

Because the ratio of Aaron-Rodgers-football-ability:Aaron-Rodgers-insufferable-ego is much, much lower to non-Packer fans than they realize.

Jets are probably the only team desperate enough.

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

How can they? They need to thank him if he decides to go to another team and we recoup some draft picks. If he retires it's just another knock on the GM for mismanagement. 

Let's also not forget how great he's been for Love going out of his way to help and hype him up, the exact opposite of his early years.

The mistake was not trading Aaron last year. That was a big miss by the front office.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Because the ratio of Aaron-Rodgers-football-ability:Aaron-Rodgers-insufferable-ego is much, much lower to non-Packer fans than they realize.

Jets are probably the only team desperate enough.

No no no, it's just geriatric groupthink and Packers mismanagement that nobody wants to trade for one of the GOATs. Aaron is completely free of blame in this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The mistake was not trading Aaron last year. That was a big miss by the front office.  

To say the least. Bringing him back with no one other than a rookie Watson to replace Adams was doomed from the start. Gute has lacked a solid plan his entire tenure.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

No no no, it's just geriatric groupthink and Packers mismanagement that nobody wants to trade for one of the GOATs. Aaron is completely free of blame in this. 

When did the forum become this? It's literally a circle jerk of old dudes liking each other's posts about how much they hate Rodgers. I never said he wasn't bad at times last year. The team sucked as a whole and I'm sorry I don't blame that all on Aaron.  I understand having limited valid points and having to resort to the things you all do. Glad it makes you feel better.

Edited by PackFan13
  • Like 1

Just now, PackFan13 said:

To say the least. Bringing him back with no one other than a rookie Watson to replace Adams was doomed from the start. Gute has lacked a solid plan his entire tenure.

Yeah, the crappy plan that built a 13-3 // 13-3 // 13-4 string of seasons.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

This would be a very interesting off-season in GB if the Jets didn't need a QB.  I don't imagine Rodgers would go away quietly if GB was unable to move him.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

This would be a very interesting off-season in GB if the Jets didn't need a QB.  I don't imagine Rodgers would go away quietly if GB was unable to move him.

There would have to be a QB competition or Love and his representatives would ask for a trade.  The Packers have said he's ready to play .. you'd have to at least give him an opportunity to compete or trade him somewhere that would give him that chance. 

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Yeah, the crappy plan that built a 13-3 // 13-3 // 13-4 string of seasons.  

Yes his mediocre draft results, lack of trading for proven players and below average free agent signings weren't helped by MVP quarterbacking at all. You're totally right, he's so good at his job. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

A mistake, yes, but TBD how big of one. 

But they are definitely kicking themselves for not trading him last year, undoubtedly.

On a positive note, at least I don't have to read endless posts from the ARDS claiming the 2022 season was a disaster because Rodgers was traded.  If GB had the exact same 2022 season with Love at QB rather than Rodgers, the ARDS would be out of control even by their own lofty standards.

• Like 2