Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

16 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

I’m just letting you know now, Danny Etling shouldn’t ever be playing live football in the NFL. That’s a loss every week. He can’t throw downfield. He’s great at simulating moving QBs in practice. I love all the Packers to death and for life regardless of anything they do. But Danny Etling is not a playable NFL QB and will not be.

Heinecke for QB2 if necessary. Don’t know who else there is but he gets number 4 and I think MLF can make him a 30TD 15INT 3,400 yard QB over an offseason.

Well hate to disagree but Etling has a cannon.  Not sure what you were watching.  I'd take Heinecke in a New York minute.  Love that guy.  Problem is we don't have any cash.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2769172-sam-darnold-nfl-draft-2018-scouting-report-for-new-york-jets-pick

Pretty spot on with respect to Darnold.  Let Clements work with him.  Talent is there.  Guy is only 26 and has some upside.  Doesn't matter we have no cash so will have to go with a rook.  So many of these talented guys come out get drafted high and forced to play before they are ready.  They get drafted but never developed. 

At least Darnold has some NFL experience.  Just another Jets bust like Wilson.  Wouldn't it be ironic if Rodgers goes to the Jets and we take a guy like Darnold fix his game and turn him into a player.  

Weren’t there rumors he’s kind of a jag? 

7 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Weren’t there rumors he’s kind of a jag? 

Well he flamed out with the Jets and Carolina.  Highly touted prospect that was forced to play on a crappy team and flamed out.  Not given much of a chance in Carolina either.  He's got talent just untapped.  He's a FA and could be had probably pretty cheap.  Let Clements work with him.   Got no cash gotta shop the bargain bin.  He's a reclamation project.  I'd bring in several QB's into camp.  Behind Love we are kinda in dire straights here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Laces Out said:

Raise of hands... Who prefers the trade haul from a 39 going on 40 QB, or the top 3-5 pick of the year after he retired a packer to retool your roster?

Lol. This is the most optional post possible.

Anyone who would rather get nothing for Rodgers to retire as a Packer over getting something is an Aaron Rodgers fan, not a Packers fan.

Just change your username to Optional.

• Like 2

I don't know what is being asked, but when AR12 throws the ball and is caught by the receiver, I hear music. It isn't a song I know. It's an orchestral crescendo that lands into a metal riff. If I can hear it. I assume other people can hear it too in various degrees. I think that is why I watch it. I'm an only Packers fan too. "Wisconsin born, Wisconsin bred, when I die I'll be Wisconsin dead." I know the common denominator  here is we all watch football. That's it, we watch the Packers  and now it's the off season and there is a transition to  trade AR12 coming up and it's going to hurt. It's not going to hurt as much as putting a dog down, but it will hurt. It feels like AR12 and the front office are getting a divorce and we are the children. We are taking sides, justifying reasons and pointing blame and asking for picks and ice cream treats. It's different from the Sam Spence era, it has a higher tempo. Otherwise it's just healthy men running into each other for millions of dollars. In about less than a week we should know and then we can think about draft picks and the super boring cap levels that go up and down. Basically waiting for the season to start. This offseason sucks. But what are we going to do? Not watch football? Basketball players rarely hit each other and get paid tons more than football players. Baseball players seem to need to memorize every stat and ambient temperature of the area to enjoy a game. Kinetics running counter clockwise. Hockey is ok but it's not the same, it's like amateur boxing but as a team sport. NFL season will start and the social aspect should change. We watch and discuss with friends and family and fans and feel normal. In music the crescendo draws tension. Offseason = tension.

12 hours ago, R T said:

Rodgers returns to GB and the Packers trade Love to the Raiders for the 7th overall pick. 

Gutes words, 'Jordan needs to play' is stuck in my head. If by chance Rodgers returns I think they move Love and Mr. A will be tap dancing all over this forum. 

I won't celebrate this at all if it happens

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

What time does legal tampering period begin? 
Got to get a Rodgers decision before that if he is moving over to the Jets, have to say my confidence of him signing for them is waning

IT started 7 and 1/2 hours ago. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

Okay so Rodgers announcement coming in a couple of hours right....

You'd think it has to come between now and Wednesday morning before FA officially starts. I think it'll be today or tomorrow.