Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

Mark Murphy hates Rodgers doesn't he?

The Packers FO made this scenario more or less inevitable when they gave Rodgers the new contract.  Mark Murphy should hate Mark Murphy if he doesn't like how this is playing out.

• Like 3

Retirement was never part of the old man's options.  Another 60 million for 7 months work is even a lot of money for his majesty.  The teams all know this, he really hasn't been able to play that card with them.  

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Packers FO made this scenario more or less inevitable when they gave Rodgers the new contract.  Mark Murphy should hate Mark Murphy if he doesn't like how this is playing out.

When Rodgers came out after the 2021 draft and challenged the Paciers to trade him, they should have obliged. 

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

This is dumb waiting like this but I'd think GB/NY knwo whats going on. or maybe I just hope lol

Well. Thats really the best-case scenario for us.

I really hope the Jets are more desperate for Rodgers and are willing to put up with the drama for a little while longer. My biggest concern is that they just pull their offer back and decide to go a different route.

4 minutes ago, Striker said:

I wonder how mouth breathers compare to geriatric on the insult scale.

Geriatric came into play when old people started posting screen shots after clicking pop ups. Mouth breathers are the ones that don't deal in reality and think silly things, like Gute has done a good job.

13 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

Well. Thats really the best-case scenario for us.

I really hope the Jets are more desperate for Rodgers and are willing to put up with the drama for a little while longer. My biggest concern is that they just pull their offer back and decide to go a different route.

Which other route? They’re kind of all in unless you wanna pay jimmy effing G 25mil+

Edited by Arthur Penske

3 minutes ago, fistfullofbeer said:

What are the salary implications if we were to cut Rodgers? While I just cannot see that happening, I am hoping someone can answer what exactly that does to Rodgers salary and status as far as FA goes?

If I remember right it's like 90 million.  An impossibility