Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

35 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

For the record.....his "best days" were one and two years ago.  And a broken thumb ago.

I mean....there is the "other" side to this.  

And again, I hate all of you that are giving me hope that we can move on from Rodgers and acquire at least one first round pick for him.  

As long as the Jets are in the NFL, there is hope. 

15 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Said it all along and I'll say it again. He's going to Vegas to play with Tae and win another MVP. He wants five like Peyton has so he can have his claim to being the GOAT. Blame the lack of championships on surrounding cast. 

if his goal is MVP, Las Vegas surely isn't high on the list

that team is a dumpster fire - they ain't producing no MVP there, in that division especially

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

that team is a dumpster fire - they ain't producing no MVP there, in that division especially

They have a pretty strong skill group.  He probably couldn’t win the division though.  

I think Tennessee is gonna be the spot.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

As long as the Jets are in the NFL, there is hope. 

Not to mention owners like Jim Irsay, Mark Davis, and Dan Snyder.

People keep saying "don't count on other teams making a mistake", but history repeats itself literally every offseason. Multiple teams will make head-scratching moves that seldom pay off.

39 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I said better…

Yes, I agree that Rodgers is the best QB expected to be available in either the trade or the FA market.

Brady is more washed up than Rodgers (at least the thumb and the weather give an excuse, Brady was just piss poor), and Carr and Jimmy G are, at their best, about the 12th to 15th best QB in a league starved for talent at the position.

54 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You guys are both idiots. He wants rings more than an MVP. He wants a  competent GM so green bay is not the place. He has had vastly inferior teams to Brady, particularly on defense and to say otherwise is stupidity. 

Trade him for as much as you can get in future picks. Watch Love fail next year and fire everyone for a complete reboot. Gutes career is tied to Love and it's been a horrific disaster from the start. Let love be the iceberg that sinks this ship and start with a new GM philosophy. 

It'll probably be decades before we are in the position to go all in, let's just hope the next GM of ours in that position doesn't completely fail us like gute in 2020. Love, Dillion and Deguara. Bad back up QB, 2 round too soon RB and a trashcan TE in the 3rd which is Gutes calling card.

1 hour ago, LacyIsGood said:

They have a pretty strong skill group.  He probably couldn’t win the division though.  

I think Tennessee is gonna be the spot.  

Their skill group is overrated.

Adams is a stud, but another year older. 

Waller has had his receiving total halve the past two seasons.

Renfrow is a good slot. But he's a slot.

Jacobs is a stud. But Rodgers had Jones and Dillon here, too.

Hell, I'd probably take our skill group guys over theirs heading into 2023.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Hopefully this isn't true, otherwise it's yet another notch on the "Gute is stupid" belt. 

It's predictable.  I think he should solicit offers from all teams and if it's close you ship him to the AFC.  It would be dumb to say that no NFC teams can make offers.

Edited by {Family Ghost}