Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

You're just dying with hope this goes south for the Packers LOL

Why do you say that? Is it just because he isn't goose stepin' to the board's group think mandate that we must all hate Rodgers and drink Gute's/Murph's Kool-Aid, or is it something else?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Anyone mad at Rodgers that watched this is an absolute idiot. The nuts in here that made up theories in their mind about the situation are in shambles. 

Webby offers a username change every six months or a year I think. Better get to the feedback forum and request JetFan13 quick. Bye.

• Like 3

It's pretty by the numbers Rodgers stuff, no?  He needs to feel essential, not just appreciated.  He needs to be the Green Bay Packers, not just play for them.  The more that identity cracked, the more his interest in playing in Green Bay waned.  He's smart enough to know if he goes to the Jets he'll be heralded as the messiah; if they win it'll be seen as almost entirely his doing.  Meanwhile those days are done here, and so his days are done here.

• Like 2

It's obviously time to move on given the station the GM put us in. I hope Love is great and a 10 year starter. I'm laughing at the crazy posts I called out about the situation. Rodgers comes on and confirms they were crazy and now I'm a jet fan? Pathetic

Just now, PackFan13 said:

It's obviously time to move on given the station the GM put us in. I hope Love is great and a 10 year starter. I'm laughing at the crazy posts I called out about the situation. Rodgers comes on and confirms they were crazy and now I'm a jet fan? Pathetic

Crazy person confirms biggest fan base in the NFL is crazy.

Good source.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

In the end, the way he trumped Favre was by not playing games with the organization and being willing to move on and graciously play elsewhere when his replacement was ready. I'm kinda proud of him right now.

Yep, while he's not perfect and pointed the finger he found a way to ensure he had more control over his own destiny. Good for him. Owners hold all the cards, players are really stuck only the high profile guys get to do this i mean look at Lamar what he's going through. He wants stupid money but they don't go watch ravens games for the TE play:).

Onto a new era in GB, but will for sure be watching me some Jets games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBobGray said:

It's pretty by the numbers Rodgers stuff, no?  He needs to feel essential, not just appreciated.  He needs to be the Green Bay Packers, not just play for them.  The more that identity cracked, the more his interest in playing in Green Bay waned.  He's smart enough to know if he goes to the Jets he'll be heralded as the messiah; if they win it'll be seen as almost entirely his doing.  Meanwhile those days are done here, and so his days are done here.

This has been my firm stance since day 1. Our FO knew this is what he needed and by subtly denying him that they could move on relatively peacefully.

• Like 3