Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

The time to trade him was when he yanked McCarthy’s last season.

McCarthy got Brett Hundley more 245 yards, 3 touchdown, 0 interception games in 2017 than LaFleur got Rodgers in 2022.

I said that before I checked it and Hundley actually had 2 such games while Rodgers had 0.

Rodgers had a single 3 touchdown game this year.

Rodgers hasn’t had a 300 yard passing game since December 12, 2021.

The dude stopped throwing the ball.

And before you say he didn’t have anybody… Yes he did. He had plenty last year and the year before and he just stopped throwing the ****ing ball.

Edited by Outpost31

13 minutes ago, James Lofton said:

This article seems to think the Packers have more power in the waiting game.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wednesday-comments-aaron-rodgers-actually-202031721.html

GB has more leverage currently vs what NYJ have.  

That can swing more or less in either direction depending on  a few factors

• other QB options that might surface for NYJ (jackson, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Minshew, mystery QB)
  • another team surfaces as a possible interested team in acquiring Rodgers
  • timeline gets closer to start of league year and GB would be on the hook for the option bonus and its impact on 2024

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

• other QB options that might surface for NYJ (jackson, Tannehill, Bridgewater, Minshew, mystery QB)
  • timeline gets closer to start of league year and GB would be on the hook for the option bonus and its impact on 2024

The article says the Pack saves money if he traded after June 1st

Everyone in here is just assuming that the hold up is over the #13 pick. I think it’s very possible that the issue is actually money, and the Jets have been trying to get the Packers to eat some of Rodgers money. 

I also think “perception” is being overlooked. From the outside, it seems like the Packers care a lot about the perception of doing Rodgers wrong on his way out the door. Now that Rodgers has made his desires public, drawing this out will absolute create that perception.

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Everyone in here is just assuming that the hold up is over the #13 pick. I think it’s very possible that the issue is actually money, and the Jets have been trying to get the Packers to eat some of Rodgers money.

Money may very well be an issue.  GB taking on more money should mean the pick values increase

7 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I also think “perception” is being overlooked. From the outside, it seems like the Packers care a lot about the perception of doing Rodgers wrong on his way out the door. Now that Rodgers has made his desires public, drawing this out will absolute create that perception.

if both teams want to give the least to acquire/ get the most for trading away, then both teams are involved in drawing things out.  GB should not  be in the business of giving Rodgers away for 25cents on the dollar value wise.

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I saw some **** stick trying to say we were getting Garrett Wilson and a 1st for Rodgers.

When it happens, im a mod and your are me

bi1ch

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, squire12 said:

League year started today… do you mean the 2023 season? In September?

20 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

They do not…

brian and Murphy are veterans from the Favre wars. They don’t care what the outside world thinks.

they drafted love and took those bullets. This isn’t anything.

Edited by Green19