Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This isn't a draft simulator.  Teams aren't trading up without knowing who is on the board unless they're getting absolute bargains to trade up.

Thats why the Jets offer them a bargain especially closer to draft day.

A late 2nd to go from 18 to 13 is a bargain. A mid/late 3rd to go from 20 to 18 is a bargain also.

Edited by OzPackfan

3 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

A late 2nd to go from 18 to 13 is a bargain. A mid/late 3rd to go from 20 to 18 is a bargain also.

That's assuming that the Packers would entertain that.  At a certain point, the Packers would probably say they'd rather have the '24 FRP rather than that late FRP.

6 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

what draft pick trade chart are you using for these "bargains"?

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's assuming that the Packers would entertain that.  At a certain point, the Packers would probably say they'd rather have the '24 FRP rather than that late FRP.

I think you've misunderstood my premise. Im suggesting the Jets offer 1st round picks in 2023 (pick 20) and 2024 (whatever it ends up)

8 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what draft pick trade chart are you using for these "bargains"?

I was using the Drafftek chart and admit it may need some late draft picks added to balance things out.

13 = 1150 points and 18 = 900 whilst 55 = 350. Thats 1150 vs 1250 so maybe a 4th gets added to even it out.

18  = 900 and 20 = 850 points whilst 83 = 175 points. Thats 900 vs 1025 so again maybe a 4th/5th is added to even it out.

Now you might not say they are bargains but I think they are as teams normally ask for a premium to come up

31 minutes ago, OzPackfan said:

I was using the Drafftek chart and admit it may need some late draft picks added to balance things out.

13 = 1150 points and 18 = 900 whilst 55 = 350. Thats 1150 vs 1250 so maybe a 4th gets added to even it out.

18  = 900 and 20 = 850 points whilst 83 = 175 points. Thats 900 vs 1025 so again maybe a 4th/5th is added to even it out.

Now you might not say they are bargains but I think they are as teams normally ask for a premium to come up

if it is a draft day trade, it might happen.  a trade now is likely not going to be that much with the unknown of who would still be available.  

• Like 1

things we don't know

• what NYJ may have offered in the process to get clearance to meet with Rodgers
  • What the conversation between Rodgers <-> NYJ covered
    • contract redo/rework
    • how many years Rodgers might play
    • off season attendance
    • FA players
  • what if anything might have changed in the original potential offer 

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do you guys realistically expect a 1st in return?

2023 pick 13 OR 2024 1st (pending Rodgers playing X games/% snaps

if it is not a 1st in 1 of those years, then several 2's and 3's + a young player or 2

What do you feel is a realistic trade compensation for Rodgers?

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do you guys realistically expect a 1st in return?

Yes. If you're the Jets you don't make this trade unless you think he can win a SB for you. 

If you think he can win a SB for you, he's worth a first round pick. 

Therefore, if you're the Jets, he's worth a first round pick.

• Like 2