Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

13 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

This place is going to be a real hoot when Aaron decides he wants no part of the AFC on a team that even with him will still be slated behind the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals and their QBs. You can probably throw the Chargers in there too and possibly the Dolphins if Tua is keeps playing. Rodgers tells the Packers he wants to keep playing in Green Bay with some of his pals where he feels he can still be the top QB in the conference even at age 39. Take a look at the NFC, it ain't pretty. Rodgers will talk of some of the bad luck they encountered, the injuries (his, Bakhtiari, Gary), the difficult adjustment to young receivers, and how excited he is about them going forward with a year under their belts.

Yes, it's that simple. If Rodgers insists on staying put, in the end he'll get his way. He'll work with them on his deal and play it off as to how dedicated he is to the organization and Jordan Love will be sent on his way. Sounds nightmarish, especially if Love goes on to have a successful career, but it is very likely what will unfold.

It's wild that things have basically reached the point that everyone thinks it's a foregone conclusion that Rodgers is going to be traded. No one seems to be talking about the possibility of Rodgers continuing to play in Green Bay anymore. That's what makes the coming reaction when he stays and Jordan is moved so interesting to anticipate.

To me this scenario would indicate to me that we'll never win a SB with the sackless trio of MM, Gute and LaFleur. Luckily MM will be forced out in 2 years, the other two I would be totally fine having the new president can the two of them for throwing away 10-15 years of good football for 1-2 years of what will be more coming up short. (this is if Love succeeds elsewhere)

I don't really care if Rodgers comes or goes on this team tbh because Matt LaFleur already left me completely hopeless for 2023 by not making any changes. I'm just going to be rooting hard for the 2021, 22 and new 23 class to give me a reason to be hopeful for this team's future if Rodgers is back. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

Maybe just mindless speculation, but what else we got this time of year?

FoKr6Y6aQAAkC64?format=jpg&name=medium

I've been saying this for months! Everybody laughed when I first suggested it. It's not a done deal, but I believe it's between them and the Jets. 

By the way, this guy was a former Packer. 

Edited by Old Guy
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I've been saying this for months! Everybody laughed when I first suggested it. It's not a done deal, but I believe it's between them and the Jets. 

By the way, this guy was a former Packer. 

Actually he still is a former Packer. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

To me this scenario would indicate to me that we'll never win a SB with the sackless trio of MM, Gute and LaFleur. Luckily MM will be forced out in 2 years, the other two I would be totally fine having the new president can the two of them for throwing away 10-15 years of good football for 1-2 years of what will be more coming up short. (this is if Love succeeds elsewhere)

I don't really care if Rodgers comes or goes on this team tbh because Matt LaFleur already left me completely hopeless for 2023 by not making any changes. I'm just going to be rooting hard for the 2021, 22 and new 23 class to give me a reason to be hopeful for this team's future if Rodgers is back. 

I’m glad to see that there is someone else seeing the black clouds.

a)  Davantae traded b) crippling Rodgers contract c) declining play by 12—Jenga!

I love what Murph has done with the business and infrastructure, but he shouldn’t have any part to play in the football other than hiring/firing GM. (Maybe he doesn’t… one hears rumors.)

Gute isn’t that bad of a tactical GM, but he’s a mess strategically— otherwise he’d have steered through these problems better. He is not going to engineer a supertrade with 12. If Aaron was worth two firsts for a year’s work then we should enthusiastically be the ones keeping him. He’s not, and the AR we’re getting will be a year older and a year better at ignoring his coach.

MLF is a good offensive coordinator. As a head coach he projects weakness like it’s his brand. After what happened in a critical final game either two players or a defensive coordinator should have been shown the door out.

The only place this organization isn’t in a mess is financially, which is a big plus. We won’t recover from our football malaise until the President, GM and HC are gone. And even then it’s just as likely we enter three year cycles of failure as it is that we immediately return to perennial winner status. 

9 hours ago, Tperk said:

#7, #39, plus conditional picks next year depending on Rodgers playing time or LV record in 2023?

I'm the only one in this camp, but I'm sending Bak and Jones with Rodgers and getting much more. Full disclosure, I always overvalue our players in trades. No conditional picks though. 

3 hours ago, smetana34 said:

They can keep all of their picks. Give me assets for next year

If you are trading for a 39-year-old quarterback, it's to win now. You are not giving up any assets from your current roster of any value. 

2 hours ago, Uffdaswede said:

I’m glad to see that there is someone else seeing the black clouds.

a)  Davantae traded b) crippling Rodgers contract c) declining play by 12—Jenga!

I love what Murph has done with the business and infrastructure, but he shouldn’t have any part to play in the football other than hiring/firing GM. (Maybe he doesn’t… one hears rumors.)

Gute isn’t that bad of a tactical GM, but he’s a mess strategically— otherwise he’d have steered through these problems better. He is not going to engineer a supertrade with 12. If Aaron was worth two firsts for a year’s work then we should enthusiastically be the ones keeping him. He’s not, and the AR we’re getting will be a year older and a year better at ignoring his coach.

MLF is a good offensive coordinator. As a head coach he projects weakness like it’s his brand. After what happened in a critical final game either two players or a defensive coordinator should have been shown the door out.

The only place this organization isn’t in a mess is financially, which is a big plus. We won’t recover from our football malaise until the President, GM and HC are gone. And even then it’s just as likely we enter three year cycles of failure as it is that we immediately return to perennial winner status. 

Was Seattle mistaken to trade Russell Wilson for that haul? Your logic above means they must have been!

This seems unnecessarily pessimistic. Our FO built a contender for a couple years in a row. They are quality people at their jobs. 

Our locker room just feels like it has an attitude problem and I think getting the cancer out of there will do wonders. Getting a bunch of draft capital is the cherry on top. 

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 3