Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

6 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

The best place for both Aaron Rodgers and the Packers is for him to be a Packer. It doesn't make any sense for Rodgers to try to win a ring anywhere else. New everything is a years setback he can't afford. I don't see a way Vegas could give up enough resources for him and be a contender this year. It's February 5th. Free Agency starts March 15th.

He's become the most likable person in the NFL to anyone paying attention. He's out on a golf course raising money for charity giving sound bites that get giggles all day long right now. None of them make Green Bay look bad at all. 

"I'm not going to San Fran" was already awesome to hear out of him.

No it isn't! The best place for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers is anywhere but with the Packers. Raiders, Jets, WNBA. Literally anywhere but Green Bay. 

• Like 2

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

Likable?  Ha.  He's a pain in the ***. 

Please explain what about him bothers you? Is it just Rodgers fatigue or? Because frankly he's been nothing but the best representative for us we could ask for. From his first interview as a Packer onward he's been dynamite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

No it isn't! The best place for Aaron Rodgers and the Packers is anywhere but with the Packers. Raiders, Jets, WNBA. Literally anywhere but Green Bay. 

Cheer for it the other way if you want to. If you are going to cheer that way: Vegas management seems pretty weak in negotiations so if that's the only team he want to play for we're at least well compensated.

1 minute ago, ChaRisMa said:

Cheer for it the other way if you want to. If you are going to cheer that way: Vegas management seems pretty weak in negotiations so if that's the only team he want to play for we're at least well compensated.

Thank you for your permission allowing me to have a different opinion! 🙄

11 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Please explain what about him bothers you? Is it just Rodgers fatigue or? Because frankly he's been nothing but the best representative for us we could ask for. From his first interview as a Packer onward he's been dynamite.

He's under contract to the Packers, but he is acting like he is a free agent.  Packers brass has to be cringing.  They pay 50 mil per year to this guy and he can't decide whether he wants to play or not.  Move on from this guy!!

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He's under contract to the Packers, but he is acting like he is a free agent.  Packers brass has to be cringing.  They pay 50 mil per year to this guy and he can't decide whether he wants to play or not.  Move on from this guy!!

Come on. Behave.

Its works both ways. We have an 85 page debating who we can offload him to with half the media doing the same.  Bit silly to complain about him doing the equivalent.

2 hours ago, ChaRisMa said:

From a personality point of view, Rodgers comes across pretty well to me - obviously got an ego and a bit of a pain dragging things out but otherwise pretty likeable.  Find it all a bit weird. Old Guy in particular seems to have a very weird creepy obsession with him.

From a football point of view, its time to move on. His contract is awful and he is regressing. Look at the teams in the last 4 with younger QBs most of which are more mobile and play with energy. I'm going to root for whoever is QB next year and sure I would be excited for new season with Rodgers but it is time.

The non-football anti-Rodgers stuff on this forum is all a bit wrong though.

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I've kind of lost my ****e over this Rodgers stuff.  That MF'er has to go.   I know he is next level troll, but he's basically shatting on the Packers at every stop.   The organization needs to move on from this guy .. they created a monster and he's not good enough any longer to step up and win big games.  Hopefully next week finds #12 on a new team.  

Lol because he played golf and laughed when fans chanted Raiders at him? You're too sensitive.

I'd like some picks and a new era myself, but Rodgers has done absolutely nothing wrong when it comes to his representation of his current team.

• Like 3

If he gets traded I hope it’s Vegas. Jets he might actually make a run. Vegas is a mess on defense… and his head coach is McDaniels.

At best they would be what the packers have been. Heavy offense with little to no defense. And he wouldn’t be winning that division.

So get the 7th overall and maybe like a 2nd or 3rd next year…. If this divorce needs to happen.

3 hours ago, mikemike778 said:

From a personality point of view, Rodgers comes across pretty well to me - obviously got an ego and a bit of a pain dragging things out but otherwise pretty likeable.  Find it all a bit weird. Old Guy in particular seems to have a very weird creepy obsession with him.

From a football point of view, its time to move on. His contract is awful and he is regressing. Look at the teams in the last 4 with younger QBs most of which are more mobile and play with energy. I'm going to root for whoever is QB next year and sure I would be excited for new season with Rodgers but it is time.

The non-football anti-Rodgers stuff on this forum is all a bit wrong though.

Agree with you mostly here. He said on PMS something will have to be done with his contract if he returns. I’m curious if that’s kicking the can down the road harder in the name of immediate relief or if Rodgers will actually take a pay cut.

I am also jelly of the Bills/Bengals/Chiefs/49ers QB situations but I’m also aware Rodgers has been put in a corner before and the guy’s ceiling is above those QB situations.