Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

8 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I just hope if Aaron wants to continue playing (and we all think he does) and the Packers decide to keep him fans don't get all bent out of shape and start booing him at Lambeau.  The displeasure should be aimed at management and not the player.  If he wants to stay in GB that says a lot about how he feels about this franchise IMO.

My displeasure is aimed at the player for continually putting up clunkers of games when it matters the most.  If he played up to his contract, the Packers would have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl the prior two years.

If that had happened,  this would be an entirely different conversation.  Vegas keeps harping on "no GM would trade a reigning 2x MVP."  If he had played like a reigning MVP in the playoffs, no one would be talking about it.  Instead, people have been talking about it since the beginning of last offseason, and it definitely should have happened last year when his perceived value was at its peak and his performance was 10 years past his peak.

Edited by Smidgeon

If they gave away the personal pretty stat award called the MVP after the Super Bowl Ol Rodg would have....ONE.

Lord Rodgers clings to his MVP's like a little girl's teddy bear.  How many SUPER BOWL MVP's does Brady have?  Point being, he won them by playing great at the SUPER BOWL!  

Any GM with both brains and balls would not give a witches &#& what a player in that situation (pouting and leaking waste to whoever would listen) had won with personal stats.  You do what is right for the team.  For the now AND for the future.

5 minutes ago, 15412 said:

If they gave away the personal pretty stat award called the MVP after the Super Bowl Ol Rodg would have....ONE.

Lord Rodgers clings to his MVP's like a little girl's teddy bear.  How many SUPER BOWL MVP's does Brady have?  Point being, he won them by playing great at the SUPER BOWL!  

Any GM with both brains and balls would not give a witches &#& what a player in that situation (pouting and leaking waste to whoever would listen) had won with personal stats.  You do what is right for the team.  For the now AND for the future.

You missed the minor detail that Brady routinely had a top 10 defense in the playoffs, including the years they won the SB. Hell, in 2018, the Patriots won the SB 13-3 over the Rams. Brady had a 71 QB rating that game and played nothing more than an average-to-below average game. But did it matter? Nope. Because NE literally just pitched a near shut out. Brady had the luxury to win games even if he didn't play great. 

Conversely, just off the top of my head, the only playoff game in 15 years I can remember Rodgers winning without playing a stellar game was the NFCCG against the Bears in 2010. That's the list. Unlike Brady, when Rodgers didn't play like the best in the NFL, we lost, just about every time. 

That reason, more than anything else, is why Rodgers wins so many MVPs, but Brady is the SB king. Individual vs. the team aspect of the game. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Smidgeon said:

My displeasure is aimed at the player for continually putting up clunkers of games when it matters the most.  If he played up to his contract, the Packers would have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl the prior two years.

If that had happened,  this would be an entirely different conversation.  Vegas keeps harping on "no GM would trade a reigning 2x MVP."  If he had played like a reigning MVP in the playoffs, no one would be talking about it.  Instead, people have been talking about it since the beginning of last offseason, and it definitely should have happened last year when his perceived value was at its peak and his performance was 10 years past his peak.

Today is the 12 year anniversary of our SB vicory over the Steelers.  Rodgers was awesome that day, and I thought we've have several more SB appearances in the years to come.  Well, we never got back there.  That is incredibly hard to stomach.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You missed the minor detail that Brady routinely had a top 10 defense in the playoffs, including the years they won the SB. Hell, in 2018, the Patriots won the SB 13-3 over the Rams. Brady had a 71 QB rating that game and played nothing more than an average-to-below average game. But did it matter? Nope. Because NE literally just pitched a near shut out. Brady had the luxury to win games even if he didn't play great. 

Conversely, just off the top of my head, the only playoff game in 15 years I can remember Rodgers winning without playing a stellar game was the NFCCG against the Bears in 2010. That's the list. Unlike Brady, when Rodgers didn't play like the best in the NFL, we lost, just about every time. 

That reason, more than anything else, is why Rodgers wins so many MVPs, but Brady is the SB king. Individual vs. the team aspect of the game. 

No, the reason Ol Rodg isn't the Super Bowl king is he sucks in late season games.  Period.  He excels at pretty regular season stats though.

So, Brady has 7 rings and 5 Super Bowl MVP's because of other people.  Kind of like when some Bozo said that " we didn't build that!"   

Edited by 15412
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Old Guy said:

This is a fans forum, and you want realistic? You're in the wrong place.

I'll send Rodgers, Bak and A. Jones for a little Lawrence Welk, a 1, 2, 3 and a 1, 2, 3. 

FYI, I think that was Lawrence Welk, you younger folks have no idea who that was. 

It was .. my folks had a place at Lawrence Welk Village in San Diego area for awhile.  He was from North Dakota.

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'll take a second in this draft and your first and fourth in next year's draft.

While gifting you our third round pick this year.  Not because it makes the trade fair, but because we are simply dreadful at drafting in the third round.

Not enough this year.  A 1st and 2nd this year and a sliding pick next year depending how he does/if he stays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

I am on the Waller train too because his contract is set up nice for the risk. If all goes bad, you cut him loose for nothing more than around $400k in dead cap. With a poor FA WR market the Packers are probably better off finding their 3rd WR in the draft to go with Watson and Doubs. That's a really young WR room so having a guy like Waller would be nice. Worth the gamble to see what Love can do with him. 

I see no problem with Waller and drafting a good te in the 2nd round.  Oregon State's Luke Musgrove would be a nice addition to go with Waller.

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

No, the reason Ol Rodg isn't the Super Bowl king is he sucks in late season games.  Period.  He excels at pretty regular season stats though.

So, Brady has 7 rings and 5 Super Bowl MVP's because of other people.  Kind of like when some Bozo said that " we didn't build that!"   

Aaron Rodgers has a passer rating of 100.1 with 5,894 yards, 45 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 22 games in the playoffs in his career. -Statmuse

I didn't vote for Obama but its been like 6 years since he was in office. Time to stop thinking about him while discussing sports. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Not enough this year.  A 1st and 2nd this year and a sliding pick next year depending how he does/if he stays.

If it's the raiders give me pick #7 & #38 in 2023

If it's the Jets give me #13, #43 in 2023 & 2nd rd pick in 2024.

There is 400 points in value difference between #7 & #38 vs. #13 & 43.  That basically mid 2nd round pick.

• Like 1

Steve Czaban -   Pretend you had no idea this guy is under signed contract less than 1 year old, to remain a Green Bay Packer next season for $60M. Then try to figure out why he would be so giddily chirping about all of this. This is why even Rodgers Forever guys like me are now ready.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Today is the 12 year anniversary of our SB vicory over the Steelers.  Rodgers was awesome that day, and I thought we've have several more SB appearances in the years to come.  Well, we never got back there.  That is incredibly hard to stomach.

Looking back 2009 was another missed opportunity IMO.  It was only Rodgers first playoff appearance but he was playing great, teams had no answer for Finley, and Woodson was DPOY.

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If it's the raiders give me pick #7 & #38 in 2023

If it's the Jets give me #13, #43 in 2023 & 2nd rd pick in 2024.

There is 400 points in value difference between #7 & #38 vs. #13 & 43.  That basically mid 2nd round pick.

Either one of these is more like it trade wise.  Not sure which one is better but I do like the 2nd rounder next year.

48 minutes ago, Leader said:

Steve Czaban -   Pretend you had no idea this guy is under signed contract less than 1 year old, to remain a Green Bay Packer next season for $60M. Then try to figure out why he would be so giddily chirping about all of this. This is why even Rodgers Forever guys like me are now ready.

I'm in the "all rumors are good news" camp, so him piping up about it doesn't bother me whatsoever.

It's a bit unprofessional, of course, which I understand is part of the complaint and I agree with it. 

It just doesn't offend me at all.