Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

47 minutes ago, Leader said:

Steve Czaban -   Pretend you had no idea this guy is under signed contract less than 1 year old, to remain a Green Bay Packer next season for $60M. Then try to figure out why he would be so giddily chirping about all of this. This is why even Rodgers Forever guys like me are now ready.

I agree with Steve .. I found this interview pretty revolting.  He's under contract to the Packers, but like I said in another post he's acting like he's a free agent.  I liked it better when the QB knew his role and shut his mouth.  Rodgers was an awesome teammate until a few years ago when Love was drafted.  After that he's been a complete pain in the butt.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I agree with Steve .. I found this interview pretty revolting.  He's under contract to the Packers, but like I said in another post he's acting like he's a free agent.  I liked it better when the QB knew his role and shut his mouth.  Rodgers was an awesome teammate until a few years ago when Love was drafted.  After that he's been a complete pain in the butt.  

I think his trolling is so childish. It's not that he does it, but how he does it. He's so pleased with himself over something that is completely easy to pull off. A man with a 9 figure net worth saying something coy to the media and then chiding them when they play along with him. So boring, but he thinks it's so clever. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

I think his trolling is so childish. It's not that he does it, but how he does it. He's so pleased with himself over something that is completely easy to pull off. A man with a 9 figure net worth saying something coy to the media and then chiding them when they play along with him. So boring, but he thinks it's so clever. 

Nailed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, {Family Ghost} said:

And this is why they drafted Love. The guys been bringing up retirement for years. How can a guy be upset with a team thinking about moving on when you constantly bring up other teams or retirement?

58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Nailed it.

They ask him if he is retiring or being traded every opportunity they get. She did twice. Despite the fact that he hasn’t said anything to make you believe he won’t be in Green Bay.

Tom Brady just threw F bombs at the reporters when they asked so they’d stop asking. 

I don’t know how you guys want him to act. It’s super annoying that they ask the same question every chance they get from a fans standpoint because that deserves the same answer. There’s no news regarding it. So Rodgers is bored as is anyone paying attention because you know Rodgers isn’t going to say anything. Might as well punish the people attempting to pry.

1 hour ago, ChaRisMa said:

They ask him if he is retiring or being traded every opportunity they get. She did twice. Despite the fact that he hasn’t said anything to make you believe he won’t be in Green Bay.

Tom Brady just threw F bombs at the reporters when they asked so they’d stop asking. 

I don’t know how you guys want him to act. It’s super annoying that they ask the same question every chance they get from a fans standpoint because that deserves the same answer. There’s no news regarding it. So Rodgers is bored as is anyone paying attention because you know Rodgers isn’t going to say anything. Might as well punish the people attempting to pry.

He's not punishing them. He's continuing to give them stories for days and days and then pretends he isn't and that he is above it all. Whether he goes somewhere else or comes back to GB, he's going to go on Pat McAfee and say "the media just ran wild with what I said or didn't say" and he is not above helping them do that no matter how much he says he is. 

Raiders media saying if ARod says he wants to go to the Raiders it won’t cost the #7,  GB won’t have any leverage, it’ll be a Vegas or I’ll retire,  if he doesn’t create a bidding war for us I say call his bluff and let him retire and go into the HoF with Brady the 7 time SB champion…This isn’t the golf course, he will be in the GOATs shadow…

If he goes to Vegas instead of the Jets, tell you alot about him, he cares more about stats than rings…

Edited by fattlipp

If the Raiders were smart enough they could have made a few key moves and been able to keep pick 7 whilst trading 2 1sts this year to Green Bay for Rodgers.

They could have:

Raiders traded Carr for a 2nd
Raiders then traded that 2nd, a 4th and next years 4th to Philly for pick 31
They could have traded their second and third to Saints for pick 29

They then could offer picks 29 and 31 plus a 2024 3rd round pick for Rodgers

I found it interesting that I never got the take some others have on Rodgers answer to the Balionis question.

As I read it, Rodgers has done nothing more than echo what the press has been saying out loud back to her. I didn't see that as anything especially worthy of comment. For the posters that find his comment revolting or childish, I suspect the negative spin put on it by them by them says more about their views on Rodgers generally, than that comment says about Rodgers himself.

Unless there is more in that interview than was put up here, my reaction to it was just "meh, tells me nothing". If he hasn't decided what to do yet, or has been asked not to speak about a trade until it happens, then a deflecting answer is fine. Even if he or the front office HAVE made a decision, he is under no obligation to reveal it prematurely to a reporter. The question essentially asked for a reveal of Rodgers future plans (if any), while he was walking round a golf course, probably with his mind on other things and, unsurprisingly, he chose not come out with some big announcement.

Sometimes the press wants a reveal so badly, they keep asking the same question again and again, in the (usually vain) hope they get the big scoop, instead of waiting for the team or the player to make an official statement. While the press craves an early big reveal, it doesn't mean the parties involved have to change their timetable, to accommodate them.

Sometimes it is difficult for well known personalities to live in a world where your every comment is dissected and minutely examined for clues................and all to often others will take anything you say and spin it to their agenda, almost irrespective of what you actually said, in an off-the-cuff sentence.

I actually found his reply slightly more amusing than a curt "no comment". It revealed nothing to me, but I'm fine with that.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

If it's the raiders give me pick #7 & #38 in 2023

If it's the Jets give me #13, #43 in 2023 & 2nd rd pick in 2024.

There is 400 points in value difference between #7 & #38 vs. #13 & 43.  That basically mid 2nd round pick.

The points are correct but picks a year later tend to get downgraded by 1 round. In theory, the Jets will have to give up their 1st in 24 to make it equal. If we devalue the 24 pick by 1 round. 

2 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Raiders media saying if ARod says he wants to go to the Raiders it won’t cost the #7,  GB won’t have any leverage, it’ll be a Vegas or I’ll retire,  if he doesn’t create a bidding war for us I say call his bluff and let him retire and go into the HoF with Brady the 7 time SB champion…This isn’t the golf course, he will be in the GOATs shadow…

If he goes to Vegas instead of the Jets, tell you alot about him, he cares more about stats than rings…

You mean like when Davante wanted to go to the Raiders and nowhere else and we got a 1st and a 2nd for him last year. 

I'm good with that same kind of leverage for Rodgers! LOL

2 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Rodgers could return to GB and play out his contract vs retiring 

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I found it interesting that I never got the take some others have on Rodgers answer to the Balionis question.

As I read it, Rodgers has done nothing more than echo what the press has been saying out loud back to her. I didn't see that as anything especially worthy of comment. For the posters that find his comment revolting or childish, I suspect the negative spin put on it by them by them says more about their views on Rodgers generally, than that comment says about Rodgers himself.

Unless there is more in that interview than was put up here, my reaction to it was just "meh, tells me nothing". If he hasn't decided what to do yet, or has been asked not to speak about a trade until it happens, then a deflecting answer is fine. Even if he or the front office HAVE made a decision, he is under no obligation to reveal it prematurely to a reporter. The question essentially asked for a reveal of Rodgers future plans (if any), while he was walking round a golf course, probably with his mind on other things and, unsurprisingly, he chose not come out with some big announcement.

Sometimes the press wants a reveal so badly, they keep asking the same question again and again, in the (usually vain) hope they get the big scoop, instead of waiting for the team or the player to make an official statement. While the press craves an early big reveal, it doesn't mean the parties involved have to change their timetable, to accommodate them.

Sometimes it is difficult for well known personalities to live in a world where your every comment is dissected and minutely examined for clues................and all to often others will take anything you say and spin it to their agenda, almost irrespective of what you actually said, in an off-the-cuff sentence.

I actually found his reply slightly more amusing than a curt "no comment". It revealed nothing to me, but I'm fine with that.

Kudos for understanding Rodgers and being on the right track. Rodgers wouldn't play along with the musings of being traded to the Raiders if he actually was entertaining the idea. Literally uttering the word "Raiders" was everyone's clue that it's not going to happen. Rodgers doesn't operate so open and obvious. But it sure got a bunch of people worked up. Something Rodgers does thoroughly enjoy. Touches his "I'm smarter than everyone else" funny bone. He wouldn't toy with Packers fan in this manner either unless he ultimately knew he was going to come back.