Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

17 hours ago, Isherwood said:

He's not punishing them. He's continuing to give them stories for days and days and then pretends he isn't and that he is above it all. Whether he goes somewhere else or comes back to GB, he's going to go on Pat McAfee and say "the media just ran wild with what I said or didn't say" and he is not above helping them do that no matter how much he says he is. 

You feel like Aaron likes the spotlight maybe a little too much?

12 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I found it interesting that I never got the take some others have on Rodgers answer to the Balionis question.

As I read it, Rodgers has done nothing more than echo what the press has been saying out loud back to her. I didn't see that as anything especially worthy of comment. For the posters that find his comment revolting or childish, I suspect the negative spin put on it by them by them says more about their views on Rodgers generally, than that comment says about Rodgers himself.

Unless there is more in that interview than was put up here, my reaction to it was just "meh, tells me nothing". If he hasn't decided what to do yet, or has been asked not to speak about a trade until it happens, then a deflecting answer is fine. Even if he or the front office HAVE made a decision, he is under no obligation to reveal it prematurely to a reporter. The question essentially asked for a reveal of Rodgers future plans (if any), while he was walking round a golf course, probably with his mind on other things and, unsurprisingly, he chose not come out with some big announcement.

Sometimes the press wants a reveal so badly, they keep asking the same question again and again, in the (usually vain) hope they get the big scoop, instead of waiting for the team or the player to make an official statement. While the press craves an early big reveal, it doesn't mean the parties involved have to change their timetable, to accommodate them.

Sometimes it is difficult for well known personalities to live in a world where your every comment is dissected and minutely examined for clues................and all to often others will take anything you say and spin it to their agenda, almost irrespective of what you actually said, in an off-the-cuff sentence.

I actually found his reply slightly more amusing than a curt "no comment". It revealed nothing to me, but I'm fine with that.

Exactly. Expectations are he says nothing. Everyone knows it. They try anyway. He walks around them, figuratively. Someone not involved takes it and runs. Rodgers comes back to PMS and they go full Vince Carter over that Weis dude from France. It’s as transparent as it can be for this situation. What more do we want from him in February?

58 minutes ago, ChaRisMa said:

Exactly. Expectations are he says nothing. Everyone knows it. They try anyway. He walks around them, figuratively. Someone not involved takes it and runs. Rodgers comes back to PMS and they go full Vince Carter over that Weis dude from France. It’s as transparent as it can be for this situation. What more do we want from him in February?

I think your take is a bit too benign when it comes to AR.

The point I and others have been making is that AR could *easily* close down all the speculation - but he chooses not to.

He chooses to continually engage the "feedback" he's getting publicly - why you ask? - because he chooses not to shut it down.

He could *easily* say he's under contract with GB and discussions about his future are ongoing. Done.

He'll get back to you and have something concrete to say when / if matters are decided. Done.

But he has never closed this type speculation down. I personally suspect it's because he enjoys the banter, the speculation, the limelight etc. 

He's not in fact an FA and I suspect many Packer fans are tired of his continually speaking as if he is - which - when coupled with less than stellar Playoff performances for a few years now........and his escalating costs.........

People have grown tired of the shtick.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't have anything against the experience itself. But damn, if you think it'll be helpful just do it, Aaron. You don't need to advertise every edgy thing you do. 

Just like he didn't think the camera's would pick up the San Fran comment. He lives in his own reality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

The point I and others have been making is that AR could *easily* close down all the speculation - but he chooses not to.

He chooses to continually engage the "feedback" he's getting publicly - why you ask? - because he chooses not to shut it down.

He could *easily* say he's under contract with GB and discussions about his future are ongoing. Done.

He'll get back to you and have something concrete to say when / if matters are decided. Done.

But he has never closed this type speculation down. I personally suspect it's because he enjoys the banter, the speculation, the limelight etc. 

He's not in fact an FA and I suspect many Packer fans are tired of his continually speaking as if he is - which - when coupled with less than stellar Playoff performances for a few years now........and his escalating costs.........

He’s done this. He tried to shut it down. He definitely did today with some pretty extreme measures. Sensory deprevation for 4 days is a great way to hide yourself from the world and hide the world from yourself. Leaving the country to go throw up in a jungle is also pretty low key if you like the limelight. They just keep asking for an update like a zombie horde. He had a quote today that was “first of all, I’m under contract with the Packers”. Hes kissing Packer fan butt each time they’re mentioned. 

He would look stupid saying he wants to be in Green Bay only to have Green Bay not want him.  Plus his contract has to be renegotiated. Theres literally nothing for him to talk about.

6 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Just lol

Yeah, if nothing else, this is the funniest era in the history of the franchise. Remember when Najeh pooping in some gal’s closet was the funniest thing our players did? Man, I hope he’s traded, but I’m reveling in the funny side of all of this 

5 hours ago, Leader said:

Bingo Bango 

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Hello darkness my old friend.

The worst part of this isn't he's going, or he needs to tell the world how cool he is because he's going. The worst part is he's already determined the outcome of this 'darkness retreat!' He's already decided this experience will give him clarity on whether to play football or retire.

This tells me it's all bull**** and he already has that answer. 

And that folks, is why Aaron Rodgers has become a total putz. 

• Like 2