Rodgers to the Jets Trade Discussion

pgwingman

2023 Rodgers  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which team gives Rodgers the best shot in 2023?

• Packers
    • Somewhere else

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

I think for longevity and draft purposes, I'd rather have him go to LV.  He could go to the Jets, but he'd know Hackett and that's about it.  If his season with the Jets blows and the NY media is all over him he'd probably retire.  I think in LV, Adams could probably talk him into 2024 which could involve draft picks for the Packers. 

For Aaron I think Vegas is perfect.  I don't see it is a super high pressure gig, and he'd clearly be comfortable throwing to Adams.  He's got a built in excuse of being in one of the toughest divisions in football.  He'd be a great fit there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm 31, I see the friends of mine that still drink like college kids, they got fat.

Science man-

You lose the weight by carrying a new keg to the kegerator.............................pu$%y

"I don't drink beer cuz I might be fat"    -- said no man ever

What the f**k has Wisconsin come to?

Edited by Kampfgeist
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

For Aaron I think Vegas is perfect.  I don't see it is a super high pressure gig, and he'd clearly be comfortable throwing to Adams.  He's got a built in excuse of being in one of the toughest divisions in football.  He'd be a great fit there.

You've got the McDaniels thing there though.  It would be interesting to see how that goes.

Id trade him, but I still think he's back in GB this year.  They'll work out a deal, pick up Love's 5th year, and Love starts in 2024.   We'll see what happens.

4 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

You've got the McDaniels thing there though.  It would be interesting to see how that goes.

Id trade him, but I still think he's back in GB this year.  They'll work out a deal, pick up Love's 5th year, and Love starts in 2024.   We'll see what happens.

If McDaniels didn't learn from his first gig he's an idiot. Not to mention all the former Patriot assistants who flamed out. They all have to modify their coaching methods because none of them are Hoody. 

I don't think Rodgers wouldn't go there because of him. I've not heard Adams complain about him or an of the other Raiders for that matter. 

No matter where Ol Rodg goes he'll go in already having conversations with the new team regarding his on the field control.  No coach is going to be an issue to his going there in that regard, or he won't go there.  Raiders, Jets, Titans all would work for him.  He'll get his control, he'll get a couple of his playmates, and they'll make the moves needed to improve the talent around him where needed.  

23 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I've pretty much always enjoyed the taste of it. But the consequences of it aren't worth it. 

assuming you’re not a teetotaler, what consequences other than getting fat? 

I much prefer cocktails but they’re the one with consequences for me after turning 30+.  Hungover for days if I drink booze now.  

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sounds like Carr to the saints is a serious possibility as he’s meeting with them according to rap. Get those other draft picks to go along with #7 ready 

You'd have to figure that Gute is pretty plugged in with the folks in Vegas after making that Adams deal last year.  You'd think that both sides have had some conversations involving #12. 

7 hours ago, Leader said:

So tell the world: "I'm gonna shut up about this until I've reached a decision and have something to say"

Then....stick to it.

I think he's done a good job flat out avoiding the question with his answers though. That's the point. They keep asking for something they know they can't have. He keeps coming up with fun ways to give them nothing new. Furthermore, even if he simply restated this exact line as if he's Marshawn Lynch: "I haven't reached a decision and Green Bay and I expect to talk within the next month"--every time they asked--someone would have a problem with that too. It would be "why isn't Rodgers more open? What is he planning?" He can say nothing and the narrative writes itself (see: 100% made up Raiders and Jets rumors) or he can be a part of keeping the narrative honest. I know which I prefer as a fan. The Favre saga was equally if not more maddening because we never heard from Favre. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Stouts, porters, imperials for the winter. If youre having more than 3 beers in a sitting drink liquor instead.

Sours, teas or a tall pils or lager in the summer. Feel free to hit a sixer cuz we're bustin *** all day anyways.

Wine on any occasion.

Thems the rules.

Add Belgian beer in winter, but yeah pretty much what yoy say.

• Like 1