Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

He's got so much more upside than White. Mike White is a check down king and rarely pushes the ball downfield. I'd still rather have White start, but I think Zach needs another year to sit and learn before he can be productive

No argument here. I do, however, think that MFW is playing within the scheme of MLF’s game plan.  If MFW were going into next season as the starter, would MLF open it up more?  I could be wrong, but the type of O being run is developed in the offseason and practiced during TC.

What I am getting at is that MFW may not just be a check down king if given the opportunity.  He was known for his strong arm coming out of college. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

No argument here. I do, however, think that MFW is playing within the scheme of MLF’s game plan.  If MFW were going into next season as the starter, would MLF open it up more?  I could be wrong, but the type of O being run is developed in the offseason and practiced during TC.

What I am getting at is that MFW may not just be a check down king if given the opportunity.  He was known for his strong arm coming out of college. 

Wilson's style fits LaFleur's real system more than White does, ironically.  Big difference between them is throwing with confidence.  If you don't find a qb that fits LaFleur's system then you scale down to a blatant scheme. To succeed in a blatant scheme is to get rid of football quick inside the pocket.  White has done that and its offense is moving swiftly but Jets shouldn't count on that kind of offense going into next season without run game and complex in the air.  Indeed, White has to step up and pick up some upper part of offense but he has been hurt and it may hold him down. Unfortunately, it remains unknown whether or not White is able to handle LaFleur's real offense.  That is why I don't headbutt with Bobby about White. lol

White lacks arm strength when it comes to velocity but he does spin and push strong enough to put football thru the wind.  It is his confidence that makes White look enticing qb. Nothing else.

Wilson's offense can be complex but he simply doesn't live up to LaFleur's complex system yet.  It is safe to say that throwing him into wolves is a huge mistake.  That is why I am toying with the idea of Jets sending 1st (after trading down) and Wilson to Packers for Jordan Love and 4th.  Love has been in the system for 3 years practicing reps without under any pressure so he should be ready to face real test. Wilson may get benefit sitting behind a proven qb in Aaron Rodgers in order to reset his developmental process.  I pause that notion because Love's 5th year option to be considered this off season.

57 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

You must have missed Adrien Clarke and Anthony Clement together. 

I don/t remember these guys what era are they  from but i do remember Robert Woods with all HIS holding calls. HOLDING #72..  JUST CURIOUS HOW FAR BACK DO YOU GO AS A JET FAN.

45 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I don/t remember these guys what era are they  from but i do remember Robert Woods with all HIS holding calls. HOLDING #72..  JUST CURIOUS HOW FAR BACK DO YOU GO AS A JET FAN.

I go back to 1983 and those guys played in the mid to late 2000's I'm pretty sure without looking. 

Just now, jetfuel34 said:

I go back to 1983 and those guys played in the mid to late 2000's I'm pretty sure without looking. 

THANKSj JET FUEL It really not funny but i can remember players from sixty years ago and struggle to remember players from fifteen years ago. I have to look stuff up  some times