Bills sign WR Cole Beasley to the PS

Trentwannabe

44 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Dude is spent, my feelings on him are well known, just screams desperation. 

Nothing wrong with desperation when you’re trying to win a Super Bowl. Especially when it doesn’t cost future assets.

Apparently Josh wanted him back. That’s good enough for me to at least see if he adds anything 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Nothing wrong with desperation when you’re trying to win a Super Bowl. Especially when it doesn’t cost future assets.

Apparently Josh wanted him back. That’s good enough for me to at least see if he adds anything 

I kinda hate that he wanted him back tbh, not just for personal reasons, but like, dude at some point you've gotta build chemistry with these other guys, why not just see if Shakir can get more burn? Him wanting back guys who just aren't any good anymore because he has an already built in rapport with them isn't a great sign.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I kinda hate that he wanted him back tbh, not just for personal reasons, but like, dude at some point you've gotta build chemistry with these other guys, why not just see if Shakir can get more burn? Him wanting back guys who just aren't any good anymore because he has an already built in rapport with them isn't a great sign.

I can’t fault Josh for not trusting McKenzie. They clearly try to make it work, but McKenzie is nothing more than a gadget guy at this point.

I think the biggest issue ended up being Crowder breaking his ankle. I am curious as to what is going on with Shakir. That Steeler game looked to be a coming out party, but then, essentially invisible ever since. Either something is happening at practice or he’s not picking up the playbook, but it is unfortunate.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I’m torn, because i mostly agree, but it’s December and we are trying to get Home Field advantage the potential positives out weigh the negative (on the field, the locker room was all in agreement on the move). If this was the September, I’d be a lot more pissed.

Cole was probably my favorite player his first year here, but he wore me out and showed us all who he really is.

Winning cures all, just get it done.

18 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Yeah I think it speaks more towards McKenzie and/or Davis than it does Josh Allen. Gabe Davis is at Josh Allens house alot and spent thanksgiving there (per IG) so it's not like Josh isn't trying to build chemistry with these other guys? It's the Bills super bowl window and Idk if you've watched the WR's this year but they have been bad especially McKenzie. Costly fumbles, tipped passes in the air, MANY drops. He is bad. 

As for Shakir, I agree he should get more looks but the Bills always bring young WR's along slowly and I don't think in this window they trust him to go out there and perform in the playoffs on the biggest stage. Say what you will about Cole Beasley but he's very consistent and that's what we need on offense right now. I couldn't tell you how many times i screamed at McKenzie last week - awful game and costly drops. 

I can see Beasley playing this Saturday night in a cold, bad weather game and be Allens check down blanket.

• Like 2