What do the Arizona Cardinals do going forward?

notthatbluestuff

Four meaningless weeks left of a depressing year for the Cardinals; things simply haven't gotten any brighter throughout a Hard Knocks campaign shrouded in darkness, despite the hot desert sun. Kyler Murray sets off on the long road to recovery from an ACL tear - the question is this: will Kliff Kingsbury and Steve Keim be present when Kyler takes the field again in 2023?

What do you think? Will the Cardinals try running it back with Kliff or have they seen enough from the Kingsbury era? Further, is Keim's time finally up?

kingsbury.png

My opinion is that it’d take extraordinary circumstances for this team to win anything as long as it still has Keim. Start with booting him. The team’s more or less chained to Kyler until 2025 at the soonest, so you’re going to have to ride that one out for now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Kliff and Keim both should go. I'm assuming they'll throw a lot of money at Lincoln Riley.

You think Lincoln would leave his cush 10 million dollar a year gig at usc where he’s a god?  Lol nfl coaching jobs are overrated unless you get to coach an all time great QB for ten years. The money at the big programs has finally caught up too 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

My opinion is that it’d take extraordinary circumstances for this team to win anything as long as it still has Keim. Start with booting him. The team’s more or less chained to Kyler until 2025 at the soonest, so you’re going to have to ride that one out for now.

The more I think on it, the more I think, after Keim, you ditch Kingsbury and see if a guy like Ben Johnson (Lions OC) has what it takes to be a head coach. What he’s done in Detroit has been impressive. Keep Joseph, let him run your defense, and bring in a GM that can identify talent. After that, you’re have a year+ left of Kyler (who’s going to miss time next year) at least, got Hopkins for the same two seasons, and have Brown through next year. See where the chips fall after two years and then hit roster re-build if you need to.

26 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The more I think on it, the more I think, after Keim, you ditch Kingsbury and see if a guy like Ben Johnson (Lions OC) has what it takes to be a head coach. What he’s done in Detroit has been impressive. Keep Joseph, let him run your defense, and bring in a GM that can identify talent. After that, you’re have a year+ left of Kyler (who’s going to miss time next year) at least, got Hopkins for the same two seasons, and have Brown through next year. See where the chips fall after two years and then hit roster re-build if you need to.

Is Kyler's out that soon? He's under contract through 2028

4 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Is Kyler's out that soon? He's under contract through 2028

2025’s when they can cut him without a loss, lol. If they wanted to completely hit reset, that’d be the time to do it. Although Keim and Kingsbury are signed through 2027 IIRC, so paying them out through that might not be what Bidwell goes for. 

Honestly, Kyler's injury is the perfect opportunity to burn a year if the Bidwells want to be cheap about it. Give Kliff a chance at showing what he can do without being restricted by Kyler and you burn a year off those extensions. 

They signed Keim and KK to extensions I believe through 2027. That is a lot of money. 

Keim is on medical leave now, so maybe that lets someone else make the off season decisions without actually having to pay them to do so. Kyler is out until late next year. Kliff kind of has an opportunity to show something at the very least. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CP3MVP said:

You think Lincoln would leave his cush 10 million dollar a year gig at usc where he’s a god?  Lol nfl coaching jobs are overrated unless you get to coach an all time great QB for ten years. The money at the big programs has finally caught up too 

The NFL is the big leagues, and you don't have to recruit high schoolers year around.

I feel like as long as their GM is still in place the roster construction is going to be awful. The way they've built that team it's not built to win in the NFL. Absolutely zero effort to solidify the trenches on either side of the ball and a lot of the swings they've taken in the upper rounds have miserably failed.

So, my answer is: You invest in the trenches.