Week 16: Giants (8-5-1) at Vikings (11-3)

swede700

8 minutes ago, ArcticNorseman said:

What is the D's red zone TD allowance rate?    

Although they're statistically horrible, situationally, they're AMAZING!   I'll temper that a bit by saying they're aging with fire.    In the end, if we give up FGs but score TDs, we usually win, right?

If you give up a ton of TDs outside the redzone, does it matter?

• Like 1

Why the Vikings won

They have Justin Jefferson and T.J. Hockenson, and the Giants don't. The pair of Vikings pass-catchers were dominant all day long, with Jefferson finishing the day with 12 catches for 133 yards and a score and Hockenson matching him with 13 grabs for 109 yards and two scores. Jefferson also became the Vikings' all-time single-season leader in both receptions and receiving yards thanks to his exploits on the day. 

Why the Giants lost

They just couldn't get third-down stops on some very important drives. Hockenson's second touchdown grab, Jefferson's touchdown, and each of Jefferson's big plays on the final drive all came on third down. Minnesota went 6 of 13 on third downs on the afternoon, but the conversions carried a lot of leverage. Meanwhile, the Giants went only 3 of 11 on third downs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/vikings-vs-giants-score-takeaways-greg-joseph-boots-walk-off-61-yarder-as-minnesota-downs-new-york/live/?fbclid=IwAR3bOI9E-4ykorh95PqC2zdeZYQYQZYmuAfaxMkQmK695Pv0hB8g2xLb74M

This team just continues to get it done. Though they cant make anything easy on us can they?

What a game from Hock and Joseph! That game winner was unreal! I thought he had no chance to make it, but he had plenty of leg on it (ok he could have maybe made it from like 2-3 more yards, but still). Hock just pretty much had the game of his career. 

Big plays from Asamoah and Pat Pete on Defense. Donatell dialing up some blitzes (PP corner blitz was perfect) helped early but he seemed to go away from it late. Wasnt too happy with the game tying drive and 2pt conversion. Definitely room to grow.

JJ getting his of course, he just continues to impress me even though i expect nothing less. Nice when we can get others stepping up (Osborn last week, Hock this week).

My brother (cowboys fan...yuck🤮) sent me a text today saying he was rooting for the Vikes. I told him we would win 26-23, with 140 yards from JJ, 105 yrds from Cook, and 2 tds from Hock. I wasnt far off on the JJ call, nailed the Hock call (though i didnt expect 13 for 109?), but was a bit off on the Cook call. He started strong but they seemed to bottle him up in the 2nd half. We really need him clicking on all cylinders come playoffs as that would put so much pressure on the opponents. 

12-3...SKOL!!!!

• Like 2

btw, Daniel Jones was very good. I feel like the dude is very underrated across the league....he doesn't have the volume numbers due to the poor supporting cast surrounding him but he still passes the eye test whenever I see him play. He also uses his legs well.

I am curious to see what Giants are gonna do with him in the off-season as the Giants didn't pick the 5th year option...I really think he has the capability to be a consistent Top10 QB if Giants can provide him atleast 1 good WR and an average OLine. 

• Like 4

Giants are a good team. Vikings felt in control of the game, but couldn’t slam on the gas, per usual, and leave the opposing team in the dust. Not that it matters. A win is a win, but this team, at least on offense, is more than capable of surging past teams and trouncing teams.  

That is not so much a sticking point for me though as much as it is an annoyance. 

This team seems to have really melded well, and are there for one another regardless of circumstance.  Cousins is playing how I always wanted him to, and the defense seems to be settling down now. I’m just hoping for an average defense for the playoffs. 

SKOL the rest of the way.  

• Like 3