Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

Kind of feels like most of the big plays given up on defense lately involve Hufanga. His guessing has been hurting us a lot lately.

I think its offense finding out his weaknesses. At the start nobody really knew him as a player but now there is play of tape and people know where they can beat him. WIll be up to him to him now to take that next step.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kind of feels like most of the big plays given up on defense lately involve Hufanga. His guessing has been hurting us a lot lately.

Yep. Dude can't cover well and blows assignments at a weirdly high rate. But he's excellent coming downhill. Probably should be a third safety money backer 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yep. Dude can't cover well and blows assignments at a weirdly high rate. But he's excellent coming downhill. Probably should be a third safety money backer 

I should say that he can't cover even it requires him to turn his back

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yeah, and only 8 attempts. So we'll see. 

I’d also say part of it is the gameplan looks like they don’t expect him to have much time in the pocket. I think the goal is to keep him upright and waiting for a play to develop downfield  may end up with Purdy taking a big hit.