Week 16: JAX Jags vs NY Jets

Bobby816

12 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Something tells me you aren’t doing an all-22 watch of each player dissecting their games. 

The “we have 3 better corners” line too…but aight

For me how can you have a bottom 5 secondary with a top 5 CB? Just seems imposssible.

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Something tells me you aren’t doing an all-22 watch of each player dissecting their games. 

The “we have 3 better corners” line too…but aight

I mean, just looking at the stat sheet, I have a hard time agreeing that your corners are better than ours. I don't know assignments and all that on the Jags end, but I checked most of their games against good receivers (Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, Raiders, etc) and it didn't seem like anyone was the stopping whoever the #1 WR was at any time.

Jets CBs just play a side, so there's no saying Sauce or Reed was on X receiver the whole time, but together, they've shut down or at least faired better than the Jags against a ton of top receivers.

21 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Bottom 5 secondary? Our issues have much more to do with our pass rush than secondary (outside of our slot corner spot).

You guys give up the 4th most passing yards per game in the league. Teams with good outside CBs aren’t in that area.

27 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I mean, just looking at the stat sheet, I have a hard time agreeing that your corners are better than ours. I don't know assignments and all that on the Jags end, but I checked most of their games against good receivers (Cowboys, Lions, Eagles, Raiders, etc) and it didn't seem like anyone was the stopping whoever the #1 WR was at any time.

Jets CBs just play a side, so there's no saying Sauce or Reed was on X receiver the whole time, but together, they've shut down or at least faired better than the Jags against a ton of top receivers.

Up until week 10 only Davante had > 2 catches on him. 

And it was Dotson that got a TD on him week 1, not McLaurin.

Nobody is saying the Jags have better CB’s. Reed and Sauce are a top 2 duo.

Just crazy to say the Jets have 3 better CB’s than a top 10 CB.

Teams rarely even target Tyson. Teams were picking on Shaq, Trevaughn Campbell and now they are picking on Herndon.

Tyson/Wilson will be a great battle tonight.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Nobody is saying the Jags have better CB’s. Reed and Sauce are a top 2 duo.

Just crazy to say the Jets have 3 better CB’s than a top 10 CB.

Teams rarely even target Tyson. Teams were picking on Shaq, Trevaughn Campbell and now they are picking on Herndon.

Tyson/Wilson will be a great battle tonight.

MC2 is a top slot CB. So yes Campbell is on a stat sheet better. But MC2 is a top 5 slot CB. That’s why I said that.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You guys give up the 4th most passing yards per game in the league. Teams with good outside CBs aren’t in that area.

Man, this logic isn’t adding up whatsoever (I also never said the corner spot opposite him was “good”).

You definitey can have an elite corner but issues elsewhere that add up to a poor overall pass defense.